CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
eightohhthree
gotrice?
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
GregoryHouse
Greyrooster
kingofnerf
The FCC has voted to (1257)
2019 - Tyler Fromm (564)
Place to stay (320)
Disney to buy 21st C (289)
2021 - Chaz Chamblis (272)
Cure Bowl: GEORGIA S (222)
New Orleans Bowl: NO (203)
2020 - Brandon Field (191)
2019 - Jerrion Ealy (176)
2019 - Riley Simonds (163)
The FCC has voted to repe
2018 - Channing Tindall
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Name a Gamecock
US Womens National Team
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
Question regarding new OC
**USC (7-2) vs. Coastal C

Old 01-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
gblack
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
gblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his comb
Default Projecting South Carolina’s way-too-early 2017 depth chart

This depth chart will change for sure but I think we have a great foundation to build from.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...17-depth-chart
gblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 3500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material
Default Re: Projecting South Carolina’s way-too-early 2017 depth chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblack View Post
This depth chart will change for sure but I think we have a great foundation to build from.

Nice to go into a post-season without a lot of "how are we going to replace...." type questions.

Lot to like here.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
Cockadowdledoo
Banned

Male

Cockadowdledoo is sharpening his clawsCockadowdledoo is sharpening his clawsCockadowdledoo is sharpening his clawsCockadowdledoo is sharpening his clawsCockadowdledoo is sharpening his claws

I love Montac's effort but he isn't an SEC starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cockadowdledoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #4
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblack View Post

Solid list. My few takes from it:

-I take it he only included early enrollees and not summer/fall arrivals. In that case our depth chart should look much different by next fall. Guys like Jamyest, Hamsah, Shi Smith, and (hopefully) Kinlaw should easily make the 2 deep at the very least.

-I think he's overestimating Boosie a little bit. Don't think he'll be on the 2 deep.

-We are weak on the OL especially at the tackle spots (no news here). The fact that we have an undersized 2* project as our #2 at LT frightens me. Should change when Dennis Daly comes to campus. Not to mention our "projected starters" at the tackle spots were both brought in as guards. I also expect a healthy Donnell Stanley to find a starting spot somewhere. Man, we need a talent upgrade on the OL in the worst way.

Other than that he did a pretty good job. We need this class and '18 to give us a talent infusion to both lines and our secondary quickly. There are several starters on that list that need to be replaced by more talented players for us to get better.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I think we will see some other contributors on the d line this upcoming year like Stephon Taylor, Aaron Thompson, and Blackshear.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
longhaul
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

Dexter Wideman still no where to be found
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
nellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudly

King is listed as a Senior, but they talk about how this was his first year.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
Nice to go into a post-season without a lot of "how are we going to replace...." type questions.

Lot to like here.
To be honest that's largely because we didn't exactly have a ton of guys that are irreplaceable.

Thinking "How are we going to replace Clowney/Lattimore/Ingram" isn't a bad problem to have. Hopefully after this next season we'll have some guys step up put up the kinds of numbers that are hard to replace.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #9
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

The only starters next year that I am 100% confident of are Bentley, Moore, BAW, King, Hurst, Debo, Edwards and Bailey.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #10
carolinamyke
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5500
carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
King is listed as a Senior, but they talk about how this was his first year.
Hmmm. I'm sure you know he was a JUCOS do not sure what u mean
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #11
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
Dexter Wideman still no where to be found
Both baffling, and disappointing...........

Last edited by 92Pony; 01-11-2017 at 12:59 PM..
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #12
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

For the first time in a long time, I am completely psyched with the skill positions on offense. I can't remember the last time when the two deep at WR and TE looked so impressive on paper. And those three RBs, two of which have shown a lot of promise, is encouraging.

Offensive line, as always, is a question mark.

The biggest takeaway for me is that we are hurting in the secondary. I hope some of the freshman can take a starting gig or King can pack on twenty pounds muscle.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
For the first time in a long time, I am completely psyched with the skill positions on offense. I can't remember the last time when the two deep at WR and TE looked so impressive on paper. And those three RBs, two of which have shown a lot of promise, is encouraging.

Offensive line, as always, is a question mark.

The biggest takeaway for me is that we are hurting in the secondary. I hope some of the freshman can take a starting gig or King can pack on twenty pounds muscle.
I agree. Skill positions look very promising for next year. We just have to hope Wolford can put together a serviceable OL with what we have now before we can get an influx of desperately needed talent there.

LB and secondary depth scare me. And from what I've heard Skai coming back is no sure thing at all. Also 20 lbs of muscle on King is a bit of a stretch haha. If he can keep on 10-15 lbs of good weight that would be a realistic goal.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #14
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Not a bad projection, but I did some things that didn't quite sit.
QB: Bentley, McIllwian, Scarnecchia
RB: Dowdle, Williams, Turner
WR: Samuel, R. Davis, Banks
HB: Crosby, Pollard
LT: Young, Daley
LG: Bailey, Pellage
C: Knott, Farrell
RG: Stanley, Helms
RT: Camper, Park
TE: Hurst, Markaway, August
WR: O. Smith, Googer
WR: Edwards, Dawkins
K: Woznick, Charlton

DE: Sawyer, Blackshear, Webb
NG: Stalloworth, Thomas, Taylor
DT: Jones, K. Smith, Wideman
B: Wonnum, Fennell, Whitlow
LB: Moore, Dread
LB: Pittman, Brunson
LB: Allen-Williams, Thompson
CB: Lammons, Fenton
S: DJ Smith, Montac
S: Nixon, Wilder
CB: King, Chalmers
P: Almond, Charlton
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #15
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I agree. Skill positions look very promising for next year. We just have to hope Wolford can put together a serviceable OL with what we have now before we can get an influx of desperately needed talent there.

LB and secondary depth scare me. And from what I've heard Skai coming back is no sure thing at all. Also 20 lbs of muscle on King is a bit of a stretch haha. If he can keep on 10-15 lbs of good weight that would be a realistic goal.
Agree...LB will be a weakness next year simply because of lack of experience. I think the guys we are bringing in are very talented, especially Hamsah and Sherrod Green, but depending on freshman is never a good thing.
I think Pittman and Brunson will be okay, and we know what BAW brings to the table....I think Eldridge Thompson's play will be big this year.

Secondary I'm not too worried about...corner should be pretty solid and if Chalmers and Nixon come in as advertised depth should be okay...why no one is talking about Antoine Wilder is beyond me...think he will be a big surprise in the spring and that will carry over to the fall.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #16
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I thought Williams at RB was leaving?

Is anyone else bothered by Rico's fumbles? I dont doubt his ability, just seems to lose hold of the ball.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #17
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

RevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post

Is anyone else bothered by Rico's fumbles? I dont doubt his ability, just seems to lose hold of the ball.
Ty'son Williams the transfer from uncHEAT, highly rated RB out of Crestwood High School. Rico fumbled the ball 4 times, lost 3 of those in 133 carries, this is the same as AJ Turner did in 116 carries.

Last edited by RevengeoftheCOCK; 01-11-2017 at 02:12 PM..
RevengeoftheCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #18
carolinamyke
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5500
carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post

It's tyson Williams. Not David Williams. And ricks fumbkes can be addressed
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #19
ffstreetdoc
Banned

Male

ffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudlyffstreetdoc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post

Lot to like here.
I disagree. We should be going into the offseason thinking "how can we replace most of both lines"!
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #20
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

RevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Solid list. My few takes from it:

-I take it he only included early enrollees and not summer/fall arrivals. In that case our depth chart should look much different by next fall. Guys like Jamyest, Hamsah, Shi Smith, and (hopefully) Kinlaw should easily make the 2 deep at the very least.

-I think he's overestimating Boosie a little bit. Don't think he'll be on the 2 deep.

-We are weak on the OL especially at the tackle spots (no news here). The fact that we have an undersized 2* project as our #2 at LT frightens me. Should change when Dennis Daly comes to campus. Not to mention our "projected starters" at the tackle spots were both brought in as guards. I also expect a healthy Donnell Stanley to find a starting spot somewhere. Man, we need a talent upgrade on the OL in the worst way.

Other than that he did a pretty good job. We need this class and '18 to give us a talent infusion to both lines and our secondary quickly. There are several starters on that list that need to be replaced by more talented players for us to get better.
DJ Park was the 19 rated OT out of high school according to Rivals, 16th rated OT according to 24/7, the 23rd rated OT according to Scout, the 2nd rated OT according to MaxPrep and a consensus 4* OT according to them all. Malik Young was considered an OG by a few and an OT by a few but has practiced at OT since he has been here as far as I know. Sadarius Hutcherson was a consensus 3* prospect out of high school as a SDE who played TE on offense in high school while Blake Camper was a consensus 3* OT coming out of high school.
RevengeoftheCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote