CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
jdaniel
Three and Out
TastyLicks
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
AR1
Ace Dilcock
If TN runs, do they (1597)
Tennessee HC Job (1219)
Anyone see this? Whi (763)
Clemson Fight Club (550)
Waiver being sought (499)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (360)
Florida soccer at Da (223)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ A (139)
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MI (131)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (94)
DJ Swag pat down
Clemson Fight Club
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Deebo's return?
Waiver being sought for T
Anyone see this? White Ho
Most heated recent rivalr
Tennessee HC Job
2018 women's BB - Zariell
WBB - Te'a Cooper

Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #81
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
RevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his claws
Default Re: How will Wolford affect recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickland Propane View Post
He's speaking in the third person. Perhaps QCGamecock is his other personality.
what is yours and the others fixation with qcgamecock and what does it have to do with our new OLINE coach?
RevengeoftheCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #82
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Its ok we all know it is you QC
Old 01-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #83
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeoftheCOCK View Post
So about Wolford affecting recruiting, QCGamecock has nothing to do with that and I'm still trying to figure out these OG's that we played at OT, anyone?
DJ Park was the starter at OT early in the year, he is definitely a Guard and he will probably go back there. Malik Young played Guard also, but did well enough this year to stick and probably start at OT.

If I had to guess, we are looking at Daley, Young, Camper and RS Freshman Hutcherson as the 4 in the mix for the Tackle two deep. We will bring in one or two in this class, but with no Seniors at the position, we will RS any new guys barring injury.

That would leave Stanley and Bailey as the starters at Guard, with Park and Helms as the back-ups, Knott would be Center with Helms backing up there as well. Pellage, Derouen and some of our RS Freshman will compete to be the other person on the two deep at Guard/Center. We need to identify a couple of Centers among the O Linemen with both Helms and Knott being Seniors.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #84
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Its ok we all know it is you QC
I do like how the exclamation points have died down since the first post "recognizing" him
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #85
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

RevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his clawsRevengeoftheCOCK is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
DJ Park was the starter at OT early in the year, he is definitely a Guard and he will probably go back there. Malik Young played Guard also, but did well enough this year to stick and probably start at OT.

If I had to guess, we are looking at Daley, Young, Camper and RS Freshman Hutcherson as the 4 in the mix for the Tackle two deep. We will bring in one or two in this class, but with no Seniors at the position, we will RS any new guys barring injury.

That would leave Stanley and Bailey as the starters at Guard, with Park and Helms as the back-ups, Knott would be Center with Helms backing up there as well. Pellage, Derouen and some of our RS Freshman will compete to be the other person on the two deep at Guard/Center. We need to identify a couple of Centers among the O Linemen with both Helms and Knott being Seniors.
Every major recruiting publication in the country had DJ Park as an OT, most as one of the top OT in the country, so they were incorrect? Malik Young is the exception though 2 of the 5 major recruiting publications had him listed as an OT and as far as I know he has played OT while at USC.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #86
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

Wolford sees to be having a very positive affect on recruiting with the news coming out in the last few days.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #87
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
SOS told him that he wasn't ready. He was right. We could have gotten a quality OL coach instead of Wolford. We were left in the lurch and had to settle for less. It was the start of the OL demise. Many people went out of their way to provide support for his son. Many of those subsequently felt taken advantage of. Perhaps to be expected given his job llength history. Hopefully he will do well and stay here longer this time around.
You have a bad memory. The o line was dog shit before Wolford got here. He replaced John hunt who was forced out. Online didn't start playing well until 2010, Elliot's first year.
evilpoptart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #88
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
QC is back and of course singwing is back for like the 100th time. He maybe approaching sketter level usernames.
Busted!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #89
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Every major recruiting publication in the country had DJ Park as an OT, most as one of the top OT in the country, so they were incorrect? Malik Young is the exception though 2 of the 5 major recruiting publications had him listed as an OT and as far as I know he has played OT while at USC.
Park is 6'4 and very wide/heavy/powerful - that is a Guard, which is where he played at South Carolina until we ran out of OTs. If he was listed at OT, that may be because he played the position in HS.

OTs tend to be taller and leaner - they need long arms to engage the quicker DEs and to be lighter on their feet to stay in front of the rusher. That is not Park.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #90
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
Park is 6'4 and very wide/heavy/powerful - that is a Guard, which is where he played at South Carolina until we ran out of OTs. If he was listed at OT, that may be because he played the position in HS.

OTs tend to be taller and leaner - they need long arms to engage the quicker DEs and to be lighter on their feet to stay in front of the rusher. That is not Park.
I respect that but you are saying the experts were wrong as they knew how tall he was coming out of high school and every major publication had him not only listed as an OT but a highly rated OT. Trent Williams and Michael Oher are/were All Pro OT's in the NFL at almost the identical size as Park. Either way you are telling me that in Elliott's time here he has played one player at OT that is a borderline OG, so all this we play OG at OT is over Park?
Thanks for the response and I agree with your assessment though it is a little short sighted to say he is not an OT based on being an inch or 2 short of prototypical size OT's.

Last edited by RevengeoftheCOCK; 01-15-2017 at 07:59 PM..
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #91
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

Jordan Rhodes is Wolford affecting recruiting, a diamond in the rough OT.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #92
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I respect that but you are saying the experts were wrong as they knew how tall he was coming out of high school and every major publication had him not only listed as an OT but a highly rated OT. Trent Williams and Michael Oher are/were All Pro OT's in the NFL at almost the identical size as Park. Either way you are telling me that in Elliott's time here he has played one player at OT that is a borderline OG, so all this we play OG at OT is over Park?
Thanks for the response and I agree with your assessment though it is a little short sighted to say he is not an OT based on being an inch or 2 short of prototypical size OT's.
I did not make the initial comment, I was just trying to answer your question. Recruiting "Experts" are not really that, they are mostly journalists that listed him at Tackle because he played there in HS.

I trust our coaches a lot more - they put him at Guard as soon as he got here. He would have stayed there if we had done a better job of recruiting Tackles. Same with Young.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:40 PM   #93
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Jordan Rhodes is Wolford affecting recruiting, a diamond in the rough OT.
The staff was on Rhodes before Wolford.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #94
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Rhodes was likely to commit either way
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:54 AM   #95
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
I did not make the initial comment, I was just trying to answer your question. Recruiting "Experts" are not really that, they are mostly journalists that listed him at Tackle because he played there in HS.

I trust our coaches a lot more - they put him at Guard as soon as he got here. He would have stayed there if we had done a better job of recruiting Tackles. Same with Young.
Roger that, he was listed as the back up RT in his first preseason behind Shell but numbers may have been the primary reason as he was moved inside later that year but I thought that was due to injuries. On the thread for way too early 2017 depth chart he is listed as a backup RT by several posters and the starting LT by the SEC Country staff member , Mike Wilson, who wrote the article with Young as the starting RT though he is just a reporter.
My point is that under the majority of time Elliott was the OLine coach we played OT's at tackle and it seems to be a misconception or just an easy way to say he was not a good OLine coach IMO I'm curious if either play OT for Wolford what the opinion of Wolford will be by posters?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:57 AM   #96
RevengeoftheCOCK
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The staff was on Rhodes before Wolford.
Maybe I worded that wrong, I realize we offered in early December but was really asking what influence the Wolford hiring had on his decision, should have put a question mark instead of a comma. Was he not planning on taking other OV's and waiting till signing day before his official visit and the hiring of Wolford?