CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Three and Out
6pack
gotrice?
CockTail
Order 66
FlorenceCock
cockyboy
SanAntonioCock
ccured
Hugh Freeze about to (2248)
Titty twisting and b (618)
10 College Football (516)
Chester Bennington o (380)
Reminds me of my fir (219)
Freeze out @ old Mi (206)
Guy Eargle (137)
***The Open Champion (134)
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Hugh Freeze about to be f
2018 - Channing Tindall
***The Open Championship*
2018 - James Mitchell
Titty twisting and biting
2018 - Trey Dean
2018 - Jaycee Horn
Amazon Prime Sous Vide $1
2018 - Tyquan Johnson

Old 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material
Default Three Aces: Schmidt, Crow, Hill Could Be Historic In 2017

http://www.armchairallamericans.com/...historic-2017/

Enjoy. Can't wait for Friday.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material
Default Re: Three Aces: Schmidt, Crow, Hill Could Be Historic In 2017

Looking forward to wrapping up series in Sat and then watching Hill dominate. Reminds me a little of 2011 rotation...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

SIAP but I heard Blake Cooper is back on the team as a Student Assistant Coach. Maybe he will bring some tutelage to these aces as well as some good luck.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I don't know if I'd call hill an ace yet. He's very good, but crowe and Schmidt are on a different level than him
Old 02-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
tommytwoguns
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
tommytwoguns has hatched from the shell

Not a fan of the hyperbole. The "starting rotation this season has a chance to be one of the best the University of South Carolina has ever seen.". Pretty lofty expectations for these three guys. The author must have never heard of Earl Bass and those 1970's teams.

In 1975, the season of our first world series appearance our 4 man rotation went 49-5-1. Had back to back no-no's that season too.

All that aside, I'm excited about these three. I'm definitely pumped about our pitching staff, the team, and the season in general. Gonna be a good one.
tommytwoguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytwoguns View Post
Not a fan of the hyperbole. The "starting rotation this season has a chance to be one of the best the University of South Carolina has ever seen.". Pretty lofty expectations for these three guys. The author must have never heard of Earl Bass and those 1970's teams.

In 1975, the season of our first world series appearance our 4 man rotation went 49-5-1. Had back to back no-no's that season too.

All that aside, I'm excited about these three. I'm definitely pumped about our pitching staff, the team, and the season in general. Gonna be a good one.
I think you're thinking that "has a CHANCE to be ONE of the best" has a different meaning than what it typically has.....

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
HHess
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 7382743
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

Bring back the goldfish! Win Anyway!
HHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
tommytwoguns
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I think you're thinking that "has a CHANCE to be ONE of the best" has a different meaning than what it typically has.....

I mean I understand the phrasing. I just don't agree that they have a chance to be one of the best ever. They're going to be really good no doubt, but in my opinion, not one of the best we've ever had.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I mean I understand the phrasing. I just don't agree that they have a chance to be one of the best ever. They're going to be really good no doubt, but in my opinion, not one of the best we've ever had.
I disagree. They deserve to be in the conversation. They will likely all be drafted in the top 5 rounds. I may only be 25 but on paper it's in the top 2 or 3 in my lifetime.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #10
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I don't know if I'd call hill an ace yet. He's very good, but crowe and Schmidt are on a different level than him
Agreed, but he should be one of the best Sunday starters in the league if not the best. Not often you have a talented young guy like Hill repeat as a Sunday starter. If he can show better command of his pitches this year and at 6'5" throwing 94-95. Look out.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #11
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081385120
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Agreed, but he should be one of the best Sunday starters in the league if not the best. Not often you have a talented young guy like Hill repeat as a Sunday starter. If he can show better command of his pitches this year and at 6'5" throwing 94-95. Look out.
If he can lower the HBP and the walks this year, he's definitely going to be special
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
tommytwoguns
Walk On

Male

Quote:
I disagree. They deserve to be in the conversation. They will likely all be drafted in the top 5 rounds. I may only be 25 but on paper it's in the top 2 or 3 in my lifetime.
Well hopefully I'm wrong!!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #13
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
I'm 42 and they certainly are one of the best rotations in my lifetime.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #14
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Also, the game of baseball is different now. Of those 4 starters in 1975, they started 56 games, completed 26 of them and accounted for 428 of the total 503 innings pitched by the Gamecocks that season (85%)....

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
cockinraleigh
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

we shall see when conference play starts
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #16
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

It has been a few years since I have been excited about Gamecock baseball... I am getting excited about this year. I pray I am not disappointed
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #17
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I'm 47 and very excited about this pitching staff. I think that they can be every bit as good as the Killer B's were.

While on the subject, what's with every player these days having to be the GOAT?

I mean, in reality athletes are overall bigger and stronger than they were in the past, but it isn't really possible to compare players from many generations back (when in their prime) to a player today. It isn't like you can have them play against one another to prove anything.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I'm not sure what's more shocking in this thread - the debate about this rotation being the best ever or women voluntarily giving their age
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #19
TheUSCMike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95000000
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I'm not sure what's more shocking in this thread - the debate about this rotation being the best ever or women voluntarily giving their age
Can you be sure it's the truth?
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Since I'm the only woman who has volunteered her age, what reason would I have to lie? I'm damn proud of my 42 years, soon to be 43 in two weeks.

Plus many times I've mentioned that I've been watching Gamecock Baseball for 30+ years so, I'm obviously not fresh out of college.

Finally...I was a batgirl hence my user name. We haven't had those for 20 years.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote