CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
LeeroyJenkins
Ace Dilcock
Spurticus
MACXIMVS
Three and Out
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Cockytalk Practice r (2840)
Stephen Davis Jr. (1915)
Kaleb Chalmers (1551)
Thoughts on Monday N (1131)
Broadcasting Crew vs (911)
Position Unit Previe (298)
Going to my first ga (214)
Happy Birthday HTCOC (143)
Stephen Davis Jr.
Cockytalk Practice report
Will the Gamecocks score
2018 MBB - Jimmy Nichols
GA Mangus has a new job
WBB 2017-18 Season and Re
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Home Opener vs UK
Hassani Gravett With USA
Position Unit Preview: Li

Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #21
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coach Martin SportsCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Wouldn't surprise if they drove down from NC to start trouble. Most of them are hot about us hosting.
Sadly this will be enough to hurt our state in NCAA committees eyes.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #22
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Let me guess; ESPN focused more on the Flag than they did our Victory?
Wildly incorrect guess.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
I bet the people that brought the damn flag to the Arena were DUKE or Clemson fans. Would surprise me at all.
This can't possibly be an actual thought process and 'conclusion'...can it?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #24
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Wouldn't surprise if they drove down from NC to start trouble. Most of them are hot about us hosting.
You believe these people were somehow pretending to be just regular ol SC rednecks and were really a part of some organized group who drove down from NC in an attempt to foil tourism dollars being spent in SC instead of NC?

This is the scenario you find...most likely?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #25
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I'll be honest but I think he is correct. Did you see the actual people doing it? Also are you aware that these games were moved to SC because of the NC bathroom bill? IE: Duke or NC fans that are upset about having to play in our state and don't want it to continue have more than enough motivation to bring those flags and protest in SC. Because that is the only reason the NCAA stayed out of SC so long.

I can see the vast majority of Clemson fans just by looking at them most of the actual graduates of the school and lifers of that University look nothing like the majority of the people that dawn the paws and pull for Clemson. Plus Clemson fans were all pulling for Duke and they are terrible at basketball and don't want our resurgence aided by the tournament being played in basically a home environment for us.

That is clear reasoning to defend his very vague posting about his opinion on it. Also no I am not saying there is no one in our fan base that supports the Confederate flag because that my friend is a lie.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #26
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

It's kinda sad that our win is getting clouded by this flag. I don't care what you're feeling is on the flag but we're are the USA and we should be proud to fly the American flag in public, but if you feel so obligated to put up any other flags then do it on your own property. But I'm glad Frank answered that loaded question well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #27
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Martin is the man. He has been a great ambassador for usc.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Martin is the man. He has been a great ambassador for usc.
Amen!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #29
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
You believe these people were somehow pretending to be just regular ol SC rednecks and were really a part of some organized group who drove down from NC in an attempt to foil tourism dollars being spent in SC instead of NC?

I could believe people from NC coming down. Clemson seems too far fetched, but their own fan stole a piece of their own special rock, so who knows. As of now we have no identities of these individuals, and don't know where they reside, so as far as we know it's possible. As the saying goes "always expect the unexpected".
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #30
Jleo
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit

Quote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fans+behaving+badly

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cases+of+staged+political+protest
Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #31
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Well, when we had the issues at the Statehouse a KKK group from Shelby NC had to come down to stir up trouble. The NC border isn't too far from Greenville. Ask yourself why a KKK group from SC didn't run up to the Statehouse. It could easily be folks from SC, but anyone doing such a thing was out to harm the reputation of this state and university.

Either way it's a non issue that I'm glad Frank squashed cleanly.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #32
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1500000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
1. It's kinda sad that our win is getting clouded by this flag. I don't care what you're feeling is on the flag but we're are the USA and we should be proud to fly the American flag in public, 2. but if you feel so obligated to put up any other flags then do it on your own property. But I'm glad Frank answered that loaded question well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
1. Its not.
2. People in the USA are free to fly flags where ever they want. We are the USA right?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #33
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
1. Its not.
2. People in the USA are free to fly flags where ever they want. We are the USA right?
Not true. Never has been. People in the USA are free to do absolutely anything they want to do, regarding absolutely anything. SO LONG AS whatever they do, doesn't infringe upon the rights of OTHER people doing the EXACT SAME THING. And what that means my friend, is that there are tons and tons of things that people in the USA are NOT allowed to do....

For example: you can't fly a flag of anything on MY property, if I don't allow it. And you have zero rights in this country to do so....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #34
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Every SEC program should be glad we have Martin. He always goes out of his way to praise the SEC as a whole, and you can tell he takes it personally the way national pundits look down on our conference.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #35
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Let me get this straight....

1- This issue was a somewhat minor issue that our HC handled well and moved on from.

2- People on this site (some anyway) are upset because they think this flag issue is clouding the real topic of our victory.

3- Same said people have posted several pages talking about the very topic that they are wishing the National media would drop?

Interesting.....
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #36
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

It was just some rednecks in a parking garage. Please, like you don't see it up here in NC.

A "progressive state" is a huge stretch, but he's trying to represent.

Last edited by LegalCock; 03-20-2017 at 05:58 PM..
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #37
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
1. Its not.
It is, have seen ESPN and company, our win is being grouped together with the flag controversy which detracts from the attention of our accomplishment in basketball. As stated earlier you can't wave your flag wherever you want, in most places sure but not everywhere and even if you theoretically could why would you? What does flying this flag at a game accomplish and what is it celebrating in relation to basketball?
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #38
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

As for the flag, just because something is permissible doesn't mean it's beneficial.

They may have had the right to fly their flag from their truck. But no one benefitted from their actions and it was a stupid idea.

But ignorant rednecks. What can you do? Their IQ probably didn't equal the number of ounces of whatever they were drinking. I'm sure the concept of what is allowed and what is the right thing to do goes right over their heads.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #39
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
I said it wouldn't surprise me. It was just a post on the issue after I heard about it. I hadn't even seen the rednecks in the parking garage then. But yes, it would not surprise me. I grew up a Gamecock fan in G'ville. Those people behind it, have a hidden agenda. One that is against USC. They are probably upset about the flag issue, but there real agenda is most likely to tarnish an otherwise great weekend for the Gamecock Basketball program.

I may be completely wrong, but until I know otherwise, that's how I feel about it.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #40
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Sometimes the simplest reason is the most likely one.

My guess it was done by some idiot just because they knew it would become an issue and give some attention that they created. Like calling in a bomb scare or something. They did it because they could and now feel some degree of self importance, albeit mistaken importance.