CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
RGHoskins
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Ace Dilcock
TastyLicks
gotrice?
Captain9Dragons
2017 SEC Tournament: (3730)
Best Guard in NCAA.. (740)
Today's Game Thread (672)
Bobby Bentley: I wan (575)
Our task in the SEC (516)
Music Thead: Day 13 (331)
Baseball: South Caro (238)
McDonald's UK South (205)
Advice for places to (127)
How will the world e (116)
Our task in the SEC just
2018 - Dakereon Joyner
Mark Alstork
Latest Windows 10 update
2018 WBB - Morgan Jones -
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Bobby Bentley: I want us
Alan Knott
2018 - Zamir "Zeus&q

Old 04-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #21
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 30000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: HARPER'S in Five Points has CLOSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
You would change your tune pretty quickly if you g to an actual deli.
Jason's Deli on Haywood Rod in Greenville is one of our best kept secrets.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #22
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 200639
DrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPit

What's your favorite place to eat in Columbia?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #23
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Jason's Deli on Haywood Rod in Greenville is one of our best kept secrets.
Is that different then the Jason deli chain restaurant?
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #24
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
The Kingsman in Cayce. The original, not the one in Lexington.

Shealy's- Not in Columbia but worth the drive.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #25
rabid cock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10248
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You would change your tune pretty quickly if you g to an actual deli.
Don't chastise him. There is a whole thread devoted to Hardee's burgers and how magnificent they are.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #26
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
As is most food in five points. Groucho's might be the worst..
Blasphemy!!!
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #27
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
Don't chastise him. There is a whole thread devoted to Hardee's burgers and how magnificent they are.
BECAUSE THEY ARE
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #28
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #29
wincocks84
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I think I ate at Groucho's twice during my 4 yr stint. Overrated is a good word. There was a place called Arnold's too and it was practically the same thing. Yesterday's was about the only decent place for a meal that I can remember. But I don't remember much of my time spent in 5pts so TIFWIW.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #30
rabid cock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10248
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky2001 View Post
BECAUSE THEY ARE
I'm certain.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #31
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

kinda pricey for average food at best.. I live near charlotte and the one at Carolina Place Mall wasn't worth the money

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #32
ahotchki
Walk On

Male

ahotchki has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Is that different then the Jason deli chain restaurant?
No.
ahotchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:13 AM   #33
CockCopter
Professor

Male

CockCopter has feathers coming inCockCopter has feathers coming inCockCopter has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
Mai Thai or my house. There are a few good places that cost too much, but just go to Yelp to find them. Harper's is just bad. Yesterday's and Groucho's have sentimental value, but you have to grow up going there to get it.
CockCopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #34
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
kinda pricey for average food at best.. I live near charlotte and the one at Carolina Place Mall wasn't worth the money
I've only been to the one in Charlotte, it was average at best.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #35
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
The Kingsman in Cayce. The original, not the one in Lexington.

Shealy's- Not in Columbia but worth the drive.
You sir are a man of great taste.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #36
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I think I ate at Groucho's twice during my 4 yr stint. Overrated is a good word. There was a place called Arnold's too and it was practically the same thing. Yesterday's was about the only decent place for a meal that I can remember. But I don't remember much of my time spent in 5pts so TIFWIW.
Andys.

Same shitty cold cuts on a hot dog bun.

Then they put it in a microwave with cheese and tell you to dip it in sauce.

That along with the stupid dipping pizza in Ranch makes me laugh.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #37
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
WHOA now!!!! I resent that!!! Groucho's is a STAPLE, and pretty damn good too! Miss it all the time! I'd kill for an STP dipper and a sweet tea right now!
It is not what it used to be. Quality has gone down hill even on Harden St since they started franchising.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #38
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Sad to hear about Grouchos. If they still own it, I know the owners of several of the stores.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #39
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockCopter View Post
Mai Thai or my house. There are a few good places that cost too much, but just go to Yelp to find them. Harper's is just bad. Yesterday's and Groucho's have sentimental value, but you have to grow up going there to get it.
YES SIR...Mai Thai in west Columbia is the bomb.com...lemme get that hot basil beef and rice.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #40
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

That's too bad. We started off my 21st bday quite a few moons ago with dinner at Harpers.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote