CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
cockinraleigh
Gamecocks1137
cack
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
TastyLicks
Ace Dilcock
We Don't Use Star Ra (651)
Lattimore vs. McFadd (552)
6-foot Shark Swims B (105)
Looking for prayers (103)
We Don't Use Star Ratings
2018 - Rick Sandidge
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Dozier Signs With the Lak
Tim Tebow coming to South
Season parking selection
Men's team next season
Official Baseball Coachin

Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #741
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dakereon Joyner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Good news.

I think the XT negativity crept over into this thread. And we forgot about Joyner's connections with a lot of our current players (guys like Kinlaw).
Isn't he also Ortre's cousin or something?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #742
Three and Out
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I don't know if he's Ortre's cousin, but I seem to recall DJ attending Ortre's announcement ceremony.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #743
infinite1
Iller than most...

Male

infinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his combinfinite1 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
They are NOT cousins...but they have known each other for years.
infinite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #744
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

good highlights

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #745
CapitolCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1158
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Canceled his trip to Alabama
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #746
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

good news there
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #747
longhaul
Recruit

Male

longhaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPit

I've watched him in person several times. Very good player and always seems poised and in charge.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #748
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

NC State seems to have the full court press on him
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #749
Three and Out
Two Deep

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Canceled his trip to Alabama
no more trips till his announcement on father's day
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #750
CapitolCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1158
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
NC State seems to have the full court press on him
Not surprising. It's down to us and them. They know it would be a steal if they can get him, but they probably also know they aren't the favorite. If they don't get him, they don't have to worry because he's announcing in June and they'll have plenty of time to keep recruiting. If they do get him, it's a big win for them. I would imagine Muschamp is just as strong on the full court press right now too. This is a must-get for us after a couple of the recent prospects slipping through our grasp.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #751
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Dak is a must get for us. Absolutely can't miss on him.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #752
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
no more trips till his announcement on father's day
That's gotta be good for us
Old 04-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #753
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I like pro style, if you have an OL. Also, you could market it to recruits in a sense that it would prepare them for the NFL.
OL or not, In short yardage or goal line situations, pro style can be advantageous for many reasons. Easy to run from under center, good misdirection possabilities, RB's at the Los quicker with a head I steam already.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #754
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilson View Post
OL or not, In short yardage or goal line situations, pro style can be advantageous for many reasons. Easy to run from under center, good misdirection possabilities, RB's at the Los quicker with a head I steam already.
And defenses hate it. I doubt our defense likes trying to defend Georgia's power run game from under center. It punches you in the mouth over and over. It was a big reason a lot of guys had to get bigger
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #755
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
And defenses hate it. I doubt our defense likes trying to defend Georgia's power run game from under center. It punches you in the mouth over and over. It was a big reason a lot of guys had to get bigger
So true. Actually takes "less" blocking. All you need is a small crease at the snap. Block doesn't have to be held as long.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM   #756
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Believe me I know twitter means nothing. But if it did it would mean he's not coming to South Carolina
Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 PM   #757
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Believe me I know twitter means nothing. But if it did it would mean he's not coming to South Carolina
???
xXSirSpurXx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #758
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
???
Just that his twitter is very pro NC State but Xavier Thomas happily showed me that what a recruit tweets means nothing
Old 04-21-2017, 10:48 PM   #759
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Just that his twitter is very pro NC State but Xavier Thomas happily showed me that what a recruit tweets means nothing
It works both ways on twitter. Sometimes prospects try to create suspense by pumping up the team they're not going to just so their announcement day has drama. Others legitimately are pumping up the school they want to go to. Only way to know which is which is to be inside their heads, which since I'm not I don't put too much stock in twitter one way or the other.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #760
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

NC State does do well recruiting his school, but I have a hard time imagining he would pick NC State over us. But I guess nothing should surprise me these days with recruiting. I'm just now getting over the XT decision, goddamn it.