CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
ShutTheSuccop
SwampFox
TastyLicks
MountainCock
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
GoldenSpur7
OK...the RRHoF is ju (424)
The FCC has voted to (414)
Disney to buy 21st C (169)
Cure Bowl: GEORGIA S (163)
New Orleans Bowl: NO (150)
This place has been (97)
Camellia Bowl: MIDDL (97)
New Mexico Bowl: MAR (67)
2019 - Riley Simonds (66)
2020 - Brandon Field (64)
2019 - Tyler Fromm
Place to stay
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 Commitment - Jesus G
2021 - Chaz Chambliss
2019 - Jerrion Ealy
2020 - Sergio Allen
Question regarding new OC
2019 - Deshon Stoudemire
2020 - Brandon Fields

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2018 - Tre Turner - Virginia Tech

Athlete from Greensboro, North Carolina

USC offer

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2018 - Tre Turner

Made his top 10
Old 04-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #3
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...andout-turner/

Quote:
USC made the short list of ten announced recently by WR Tre’ Turner of Greensboro, NC. Turner also is a high level basketball prospect and the Gamecocks, as have most of the other nine on his list, are willing to let him give both sports a try. Turner said his relationship with receivers coach Bryan McClendon is a primary reason USC is strongly in the mix.
“We’re pretty tight, he’s funny and he knows how to talk football, too, that’s why I had to keep him because there are not a lot of receivers coaches like that. He likes how I can go up and get the ball and I can run fast after I catch the ball. He likes the athleticism I have, the fact I can catch a screen and turn into 70 yards, something like that.”
Last season Turner had 52 catches for 1065 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also plays safety and is the backup quarterback.
Turner visited USC in late March on a day the Gamecocks did not have practice, so he got a chance to visit the campus and the academic side.
“It was nice to meet everyone,” he said. “I saw the facilities. I thought everything was pretty cool.”
Turner also met Gamecock basketball coach Frank Martin on his visit, but it was just a coincidental meeting as he ran into him at dinner.
“They way they play basketball, they are not a team that has a bunch of five star recruits coming in every year, and they like playing hard-nosed defense, and that’s what I like doing,” Turner said. “They rattle the other team by their defense, and that’s one of the schools I know I can fit in playing basketball.”
Turner also has visited Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, NC State and Duke. He does not have any future visits planned. He’s not doing any camps this summer because of AAU basketball but he plans to return to USC for a game this season.
Turner said he does not have a timetable on a decision and does not have a favorite. He will be a December graduate.
The others on his short list are Ole Miss, NC State, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Florida State, Louisville and Miami.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:37 AM   #4
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
Seems pretty heavy on ACC/basketball schools, which you would expect from a 2 sport star and Greensboro native. I did not like the comment about keeping us on the list because McClendon made him laugh - it sounds like we mad the list to provide comic relief.

But Frank seems to have made an impression - the Final Four might be paying off, but for a football first recruit.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Committed to Virginia Tech.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Closed Thread