CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
2k15
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
uscjeremynca
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Cack's Toast of the (883)
Freeeze: What I did (830)
Wildcat? (801)
MJ Webb (799)
Charges revealed for (799)
Should we go hurry-u (736)
College Station? (653)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (536)
Ryan Succop on NFL r (455)
Questions for The Sp (184)
Our chances against aTm
10 point Underdogs
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Jake Bentley analysis
College Station?
People forget that...
Interesting David William
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
2018 Commitment - Marlon
Should we go hurry-up or

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #41
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
FeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot materialFeartheSpur is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Trey Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I wonder what was said...

Probably nothing, just taters spewing shit because they find it hard to believe that they can't get everyone they want
Old 07-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #42
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
I wonder what was said...
Who knows, but he was at Clemson from 2009-2011, so he is very aware of the way Dabo recruits. It takes a lot for a 4* safety to decommit to the national champs on the spot and commit to Auburn.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #43
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Who knows, but he was at Clemson from 2009-2011, so he is very aware of the way Dabo recruits. It takes a lot for a 4* safety to decommit to the national champs on the spot and commit to Auburn.
Well someone needs to tell XT the same thing.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #44
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well someone needs to tell XT the same thing.
XT is "All In", especially after they gave him a truck which he later crashed. I'd like to flip him but he isn't worth the effort at this point. Pickens in the 2019 class needs to take precedence over him.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #45
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
XT is "All In", especially after they gave him a truck which he later crashed. I'd like to flip him but he isn't worth the effort at this point. Pickens in the 2019 class needs to take precedence over him.
Haha yeah, I wondered what happened with that whole twitter pic and the truck.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 AM   #46
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29769400
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
He crashed the truck that was in his picture after he committed?

That's beautiful...hadn't heard that, of you know any more of the story please tell...and while he likely doesnt consider flipping, it would be hilarious to listen to them crying about it...
Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #47
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

And now back to Trey Dean;

I hope we get this guy
Old 07-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #48
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
And now back to Trey Dean;

I hope we get this guy
We're not in his final group. He has Georgia, FSU, and Clemson.... they came out of nowhere. So random.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #49
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 201000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
DB Trey Dean of Hampton, GA was scheduled to visit Georgia Saturday and he told 247Sports he will visit Clemson Monday. He said Clemson, Georgia and Florida State are his final three and he is scheduled to announce July 31st.
https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...ll-commitment/
Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #50
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

So Clemson just offered and are now in his final 3? Hmmm
Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #51
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Felt like this kid was pretty iffy the whole time people thought we had a shot. Granted I'd love to be able to get him if the opportunity was present, but not a huge loss. I'd hope we can lock down Bryce Thompson if at all possible for the second safety spot.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #52
Waterloo Gamecock
Recruit

Male

Waterloo Gamecock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Clemson hasn't offered yet. He's in town today(per 247) trying to get an offer. My opinion, that's it,he's been talking for over a month about Clemson, wanting an offer. He'll get it, FSU will fill up with Surtain(?) and his teammate and Dean will go to UGA.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #53
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Never really been in it with this kid. I know we were mentioned here and there but nothing of substance.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #54
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
See post #42. This is how the taters got involved.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #55
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

CB to gamecocks
Old 07-19-2017, 09:39 PM   #56
Dpcocks
Recruit

Male

Dpcocks has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Never really been in it with this kid. I know we were mentioned here and there but nothing of substance.

Just got a cb from a Georgia guy so we must be somewhat in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #57
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcocks View Post

Don't get me wrong I would love to be wrong. These kids change their minds like the wind so I would be ecstatic if Dean picked the Cocks.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #58
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcocks View Post

Really good sign. Rusty Mansell is the equivalent of Tony Morrell for the UGA 247 site. He's generally pretty dialed in with GA prospects, specifically the ones UGA is in on. Since UGA has been in on Dean I'd say Mansell's CB holds a good bit of weight. Could be a very good close to July since he announces on the 31st.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #59
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Rusty Mansell giving us a CB. So it's Clemson, Fla State and Georgia are his final 3 and RM picks us. He is the top Dawg predictor. Dean ain't picking Clempson.

Here you go.

From the UGA site:
"Just made a change on mine on Trey Dean and letting you know my thoughts..
Last couple of days made some calls and started hearing more about South Carolina earlier this week from several different sources.. South Carolina has been in this from the start hard on Dean and sounds like to me, they are going to get him at this time.
I know UGA is heavily involved with several DB’s in this 2018 class as well.
Dean is set to decide on July 31st at his school and 247Sports will be there to cover it.
I just changed my CB to South Carolina, so wanted you to know my thinking as of July 19th..
This may change again before he decides, but I am leaning more towards South Carolina at this time, so I went ahead with my CB. Be interesting to see if Clemson tries to maybe get involved late if they do."

This is freakin bizarre.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #60
CocksBy90
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 480
CocksBy90 has hatched from the shell

This is interesting considering (per the lists) he won't be visiting this weekend.
Closed Thread