CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Three and Out
JerseyBird
GeoCocky66
SNEEZ
TaySC
Ironfan
AR1
sporkgod50
garnetmike
WR out???? (1910)
2017 Gulf Coast Show (1361)
miama-pitt game (1053)
cell phone lights ar (770)
Someone please expla (676)
Good Luck Tomorrow! (522)
Never Again (450)
It isn't Florida, bu (403)
The Gamecocks Win 30 (349)
Clemson: Countdown t (295)
cell phone lights around
College Football 2017
Clemson: Countdown to Kic
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
2017 High School Football
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2 Clemson LB's Potentiall
2018 - Dorian Gerald
#114 in Total Offense

Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM   #41
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I'm unclear as to when he'll be enrolling. If he has one more class to finish, will he enroll then. I thought he was a 2018 kid.
He is a 2018 kid. We are holding off taking his commitment until we feel better about his grades and know he will qualify. Grades/switching schools are why we did not go hard after him early and allowed VT to slip in.

If the academics are good, he is a lock here - and, apparently, NC State and VT both realize it. I think NC State is tired of going after SC recruits and coming in second, just a waste of their time and resources (does not bother me at all).
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #42
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
He is a 2018 kid. We are holding off taking his commitment until we feel better about his grades and know he will qualify. Grades/switching schools are why we did not go hard after him early and allowed VT to slip in.

If the academics are good, he is a lock here - and, apparently, NC State and VT both realize it. I think NC State is tired of going after SC recruits and coming in second, just a waste of their time and resources (does not bother me at all).
I understand all this. What is his one course to finish comment all about. Plus he can commit any time he wants. It's Muschamp's decision whether he accepts it or not. I think he has a commitable offer from us subject to correcting all academic issues.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #43
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Not that it matters now but he was never going to VT he just committed to them because it was the first big offer. If he gets his grades in order he's a guaranteed SC lock as he's been one since before we even offered
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #44
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I understand all this. What is his one course to finish comment all about. Plus he can commit any time he wants. It's Muschamp's decision whether he accepts it or not. I think he has a commitable offer from us subject to correcting all academic issues.
That is just it, the offer is not commitable yet - the coaches need to see progress towards being eligible first. Trust me, a 17 year-old HS student is not going to be in summer school unless he has serious grade issues.

So I am assuming that the coaches have told him that they will take his pledge if he gets the needed grade on the course(s).
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #45
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
That is just it, the offer is not commitable yet - the coaches need to see progress towards being eligible first. Trust me, a 17 year-old HS student is not going to be in summer school unless he has serious grade issues.

So I am assuming that the coaches have told him that they will take his pledge if he gets the needed grade on the course(s).
Exactly, I never transferred schools before so I don't know if that has any affect on things but rising seniors should already have enough credits to graduate early, it was a bit odd when I read it but hopefully he continues to focus on that end for his own sake.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #46
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTaylor View Post
Exactly, I never transferred schools before so I don't know if that has any affect on things but rising seniors should already have enough credits to graduate early, it was a bit odd when I read it but hopefully he continues to focus on that end for his own sake.
I wonder if going from private to public has been an issue with grades?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #47
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Grades is why he has bounced around from what I have read.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #48
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Sounds like he may benefit as a sign and place.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #49
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sounds like he may benefit as a sign and place.
If he follows the path USC has laid out for him he will qualify and not have to go the JUCO route.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #50
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Quote:
The transfer between schools is not the issue for his grades
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #51
AtlantaSportsGuy
Recruiting Aficionado

Male

CockyCash: 50550
AtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPit

He's going to be explosive in the slot

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #52
carolinamyke
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post

Thought we were looking st him as a DB?
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #53
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
If he comes here he will be a DB at first.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #54
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Supposed to commit on Friday if he passes his summer class. If he fails then no commit.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #55
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Supposed to commit on Friday if he passes his summer class. If he fails then no commit.
No pressure
Old 07-26-2017, 11:33 PM   #56
AtlantaSportsGuy
Recruiting Aficionado

Male

CockyCash: 50550
AtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Pretty confident he passed

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:31 AM   #57
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly

Per Phil Kornblut,

Dutch Fork DB Bryce Thompson said Thursday night he has successfully completed the academic work he needed to be able to commit on July 30th. Thompson, who plans to graduate early, needed one more class this month in summer school to be in a position to announce his decision Monday. He now plans to move forward with that as he has already made up his mind on his school.

I have to talk with my mom and coaches, said Thompson, a former Virginia Tech commitment. USC, NC State and Virginia Tech were the schools on his list. He decommitted from the Hokies in June after attending a USC camp and the Gamecocks have ratcheted up their interest since then. He was back at USC last Saturday.

I wasnt a hundred percent committed to VT and and I felt like it wasnt fair to me to stay committed if Im over here looking at other schools so I decided it would be the best if I decommitted, Thompson said. Im looking for playing time, of course, and how the coaches treat you and how they make you become a better player.

Thompson, who also plays receiver, said USC commitment QB Dakereon Joyner has been in his ear a lot attempting to persuade him to commit to the Gamecocks. He said earlier this month while USC has been on him hard he wasnt hearing as much from Virginia Tech and NC State.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #58
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

go ahead and add him to the commitment list
Old 07-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #59
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I love getting these local guys.

Apparently it's a Clyde Wren philosophy (and I'm sure it's a common way of thinking amongst all coaches), that if two recruits are equal and you can't decide on which one, always go with the home state kid.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #60
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
He still has to make his grades as a senior this year.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote