CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Spur's Addiction
Blitzkrieg
Ace Dilcock
kingofnerf
AtlGAMECOCK
TaySC
Order 66
gotrice?
SwampFox
**GAME #2 USC (0-1) (2993)
**USC (13-13) vs. Au (2855)
Kory Holden is gone (1891)
Need some legal advi (657)
Lost My Car Keys (253)
external hard drive (119)
Kory Holden is gone
**USC (13-13) vs. Auburn
Well this is depressing
2020 - Mecose Todd
2018 MBB - PG - Courtney
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
*** Softball 2018 season
2020 WBB - Loyal McQueen
**GAME #2 USC (0-1) vs. V
2018 Football Season - Re

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #6901
GeoCocky66
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3342
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Matthew Hill

It seems like Hill has had a very quiet recruitment, but there's an update on him from SEC Country today and he at least had some positive things to say about us. I didn't notice that he was at the Spurs Up event, nor did I know that his coach went to USC. I presume he's still Auburn-bound, but he's a great looking receiver.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...g-matthew-hill
Old 08-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #6902
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Raiqwon O'Neal

We have NOT backed off of O'Neal.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #6903
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
YEAH!

You guys heard that.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #6904
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2018 - Matthew Hill

Considering we too Tyquan Johnson, I think Hill is Auburn bound. I really can't see us taking more than 3 WRs with how tight numbers are right now
Old 08-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #6905
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I was just pointing out that we had more positive news on Sandidge - I realize he is a take - as well as renewed interest from Gerald in the form of a visit. Our chances with Gerald will improve if we play well this season vis a vis UT, same with other committed recruits/other school's performance.

As for other DEs, we are still in the mix for Henry (although we may need to hire his Dad for it to happen) and Jeffcoat is a sleeper that could get an offer, depending on how the season (and our DE recruiting) goes. Since we seem to have backed off on O'Neal and have not offered Jeffcoat yet, that tells me the staff feels good about other recruits, including some (like Gerald) that are committed elsewhere.
We didn't back off O'Neal, he's a good player filling a position of need. He's going to Rutgers because they have a degree that we don't offer. Jeffcoat has to prove he is as good in games as he was in camps. If he does, he has a good chance on getting an offer....although he is a BUCK, not a DE.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #6906
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
You're right, but he's still going to Rutgers unless we can figure out how to offer the degree he wants. He has family up there too.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #6907
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Default Re: 2018 - KJ Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Is it information directly about the recruit such as his favorites, visits, or commitment?
KJ Henry is going to Clemson unless something crazy happens. There is no news about him. He's taking visits this fall then will commit.

It's very likely we aren't getting anyone from the Henry family.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #6908
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Jerome Carvin

Announcing on August 16th and we are out of it.

Down to Alabama, Mississippi State and Tennessee.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #6909
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Jerome Carvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
Announcing on August 16th and we are out of it.

Down to Alabama, Mississippi State and Tennessee.
Going to the home state school
Old 08-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #6910
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

I come in late on Dax . I'm impressed with his videos . He navigates through heavy traffic, anticipates/reacts well , runs through blocks and makes the tackle . Coach would have him on the field early imo ..

Go Gamecocks !!!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #6911
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 5236
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

I think he's a Gamecock lean! Him and Channing at LB and I'm 10000% content with our situation! Starters from day 1.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #6912
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
I come in late on Dax . I'm impressed with his videos . He navigates through heavy traffic, anticipates/reacts well , runs through blocks and makes the tackle . Coach would have him on the field early imo ..

Go Gamecocks !!!
The only knock against him is that he's doesn't have a lot of speed, but playing in the middle, he doesn't need to.

Freshman Greene and Thompson have both have solid camps so far.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #6913
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
I think he's a Gamecock lean! Him and Channing at LB and I'm 10000% content with our situation! Starters from day 1.
Unless somethings dramatically changed that I am unaware of, he is not a Gamecock lean.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #6914
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
I think he's a Gamecock lean!
Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #6915
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

He was a Gamecock lean!!!
Need to make him that way again!!!!
We need him and Tindal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #6916
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

My money would be on UNC as his landing spot.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #6917
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
My money would be on UNC as his landing spot.
His decision but, and I say this not as a Gamecock fan but as a football fan, UNC would be a waste of his talent. They'll never care about football the way they do basketball. He would be better off here or at least at a school that fully values it's football program.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #6918
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No offense, but you also thought Gipson was 100% going to Indiana...
Old 08-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #6919
carolinamyke
Two Deep

Male

carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

With deep running back depth plus two commitments for 2017 I thought maybe Stephen Davis would be moved to linebacker to provide depth for 2018. It may e he's just more of a running back I guess
Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #6920
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
LOL

I honestly don't think he knows where he's going. But if we have a good start to our season and go 4-2 or better, I like our chances. He wants to play and he wants to win. He can check off the first box right now.
Closed Thread