CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
jdaniel
Three and Out
TastyLicks
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
AR1
kingofnerf
If TN runs, do they (1536)
Tennessee HC Job (1022)
Anyone see this? Whi (706)
Clemson Fight Club (495)
Waiver being sought (424)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (336)
Florida soccer at Da (210)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ A (132)
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MI (124)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (89)
WBB - Te'a Cooper
Tennessee HC Job
2018 MBB - Jericole Helle
Deebo's return?
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
If TN runs, do they score
Most heated recent rivalr
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Bowl pick post week 7
2018 MBB Zion Williamson

Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #321
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems if there was someone would have posted it without need for prodding.

It's not like these threads are hard to find or anything.

Just sayin'.
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #322
Cockygaming
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
Any news?

Latest news is a ton of CBs to UNC. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land there or at FSU. I'd love to see him in garnet and black, but I don't think it is going to happen.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #323
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #324
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Totally agree!!

Some extra work might need to take place!!

Old 07-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #325
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Latest news is a ton of CBs to UNC. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land there or at FSU. I'd love to see him in garnet and black, but I don't think it is going to happen.
He can get to UNC just in time to enjoy that probation lol.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #326
bbergcock
Recruit

Male

bbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervous

I know some of you hate the State and refuse to read anything they write but I did just read an article about Dax where he said Muschamp texted him after saying if your a LB and want to play come to Carolina saying that was for him. It also listed his potential visits and said he wanted to come for the Florida game

bbergcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #327
GeoCocky66
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 651
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbergcock View Post
I know some of you hate the State and refuse to read anything they write but I did just read an article about Dax where he said Muschamp texted him after saying if your a LB and want to play come to Carolina saying that was for him. It also listed his potential visits and said he wanted to come for the Florida game
I'm glad to hear this (if I'm interpreting your email correctly since it's a little confusing). I know a lot of people have kind of written Dax off, either because they don't believe that we have a legit shot with him and therefore don't want to get their hopes up or because they feel that he's been too wishy-washy during recruitment. Even with this year's additions, all of whom have a lot of promise, I'm worried about LB depth and quality moving forward. All we have for 2018 is Jones, with a few other guys who may be LB's or something else (coupled with the possibility of moving people like Denson over to defense). Give me Channing and Dax, and I'll be ecstatic as they're both Top 100 prospects; otherwise, I'm concerned.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #328
bbergcock
Recruit

Male

bbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervousbbergcock is making other chickens nervous

Sorry about that. I was referring to Muschamp's press conference at media days and Dax said he texted him immediately afterwards saying that the statement about if your a LB and wanted to play come to Carolina was for Dax.

bbergcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #329
GeoCocky66
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 651
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbergcock View Post
Sorry about that. I was referring to Muschamp's press conference at media days and Dax said he texted him immediately afterwards saying that the statement about if your a LB and wanted to play come to Carolina was for Dax.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #330
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
“I love Clemson, that’s where I wanted to go after my freshman year after taking an unofficial visit down there and going to their camp,” he said. “They’ve got two commitments in my class and they just don’t have enough spots for me. They are going to have a good recruiting class, though. They are going to be really good. There’s no hard feelings, just didn’t have enough spots. If it’s not meant to me, it’s not meant to be. I have plenty of other options.”
https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...hing-decision/

Hope Dabo isn't steering him somewhere else.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #331
wildwes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 611
wildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPitwildwes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post

Quote:
The only official visit Hollifield has set at this point is to Florida State September 16th for the Miami game. The other dates he is looking at are September 30 at Virginia Tech for the Clemson game, October 6th at North Carolina for the Notre Dame game and November 11th at USC for the Florida game. He also will set a date for a visit to Stanford.
I love that we will likely get last official visit if he keeps the above schedule! Stanford would be the only possible later visit.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #332
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post

"“Every time I go down there coach Muschamp always asks me why I’m not committed,” Hollifield said. “He always says this is the place to be if you play linebacker. He actually said that in the media a couple of days ago and he texted me and said that was for me and Channing (Tindall). I want to play early and they meet my criteria for that. That’s the number one factor for me, playing early. And I love the relationship me and coach Hutzler have, and coach Muschamp and coach Bentley.”"

From the same article. He's going to vtech for when they play Clemson, not cause of Dabo.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #333
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
"“Every time I go down there coach Muschamp always asks me why I’m not committed,” Hollifield said. “He always says this is the place to be if you play linebacker. He actually said that in the media a couple of days ago and he texted me and said that was for me and Channing (Tindall). I want to play early and they meet my criteria for that. That’s the number one factor for me, playing early. And I love the relationship me and coach Hutzler have, and coach Muschamp and coach Bentley.”"

From the same article. He's going to vtech for when they play Clemson, not cause of Dabo.

Reading this article it sounds like he is a Gamecock lean!!
If we get Dax and Channing we will have two really good Linebackers!! And we NEED that!!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #334
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I come in late on Dax . I'm impressed with his videos . He navigates through heavy traffic, anticipates/reacts well , runs through blocks and makes the tackle . Coach would have him on the field early imo ..

Go Gamecocks !!!
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #335
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 785200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

I think he's a Gamecock lean! Him and Channing at LB and I'm 10000% content with our situation! Starters from day 1.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #336
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
I come in late on Dax . I'm impressed with his videos . He navigates through heavy traffic, anticipates/reacts well , runs through blocks and makes the tackle . Coach would have him on the field early imo ..

Go Gamecocks !!!
The only knock against him is that he's doesn't have a lot of speed, but playing in the middle, he doesn't need to.

Freshman Greene and Thompson have both have solid camps so far.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #337
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
I think he's a Gamecock lean! Him and Channing at LB and I'm 10000% content with our situation! Starters from day 1.
Unless somethings dramatically changed that I am unaware of, he is not a Gamecock lean.
CocksOnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #338
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
I think he's a Gamecock lean!
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #339
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

He was a Gamecock lean!!!
Need to make him that way again!!!!
We need him and Tindal.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #340
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

My money would be on UNC as his landing spot.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote