CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
NAGamec0ckFan
2k15
The Yancey
Spurticus
Captain9Dragons
kingofnerf
Spur's Addiction
ChunkSnackwell
TKE226
Uniforms vs Clemson (3220)
South Carolina (1353)
Mike Leach on CFP (1041)
HAPPY TURKEY DAY MY (279)
Star Wars game day t (222)
Happy Thanksgiving!! (202)
I stared at it for a (189)
Mike Leach wedding a (72)
For Sale - 2 Lower L (32)
Mike Leach on CFP
2018 - Dorian Gerald
Will USC Score >21 vs
Can we run the ball?
For Sale - 2 Lower Level
Uniforms vs Clemson
South Carolina
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
New Smart TV
GameDay Kickoff: The play

Old 09-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #101
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 10600
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Felder Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Honestly, who hasn't had two arrests within a year during their college times? I mean, if you hadn't resisted arrest, broke some dude's jaw, and then fought back after being tasered, you haven't experienced college. And if I had a dime every time I spit on a girl and incited a brawl, I would be rich.

Here's the perspective--Rah was lucky he didn't get shot the first time and if he wasn't a college basketball player, he would've likely been in prison. Gets a second chance and pisses all over it and the program and Frank Martin in the process.
Wow sounds like you were there and have first hand knowledge of what happened. hmm tell me more...

il wait until the court rules, situations like these cockytalk people speculate too much.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #102
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
@sportstalksc Court action yesterday for suspended USC PG Rakym Felder, hearing things likely work out in his favor, announcement coming soon.
Any further news on this?
Old 09-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #103
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Wow sounds like you were there and have first hand knowledge of what happened. hmm tell me more...

il wait until the court rules, situations like these cockytalk people speculate too much.
I don't know the details, but I know common sense. If I were involved in something a few months ago and my coach and university took a chance on me a second time, I'd make sure I'd put myself in the best possible situations.

8 months before being in Five Points again and allegedly spitting on a female to start a brawl, he was charged with punching a dude and police officer and was tased. Just keep your stuff together, don't put yourself in bad situations or make stupid decisions.

I'm not Frank Martin or Tanner, and I don't have first hand information, but if you can't keep yourself from being charged with a crime for just a year, how can I trust you a third time?

And I went to USC and Five Points and made a lot of dumb decisions, but I was never arrested twice in an 8 month span.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #104
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 74000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't know the details, but I know common sense. If I were involved in something a few months ago and my coach and university took a chance on me a second time, I'd make sure I'd put myself in the best possible situations.

8 months before being in Five Points again and allegedly spitting on a female to start a brawl, he was charged with punching a dude and police officer and was tased. Just keep your stuff together, don't put yourself in bad situations or make stupid decisions.

I'm not Frank Martin or Tanner, and I don't have first hand information, but if you can't keep yourself from being charged with a crime for just a year, how can I trust you a third time?

And I went to USC and Five Points and made a lot of dumb decisions, but I was never arrested twice in an 8 month span.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #105
palmettosc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Any further news on this?
Requested a jury trial. Continued.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #106
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPit

Quote:

it always amazes me when people make it sound like getting arrested is just part of the college experience.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #107
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
it always amazes me when people make it sound like getting arrested is just part of the college experience.
Agree. These young people know right from wrong and still make the wrong decisions.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #108
GeoCocky66
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 721
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Update on Rakym:

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/B...lder-107303352
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:08 AM   #109
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

In a*recently released*statement from his attorney, Neal Lourie, Felder expressed remorse for his actions.
“I’m very sorry for my recent behavior that led to my arrest and school suspension. I take full responsibility for my actions and make no excuses for my conduct,” Felder said. “I apologize to the entire University of South Carolina family including our loyal fans, President [Harris] Pastides, Board of Trustees, Athletic Director Ray Tanner, coach Martin and his staff, and my teammates.
“I know I have let you down and I will have to work hard to regain your trust.”
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #110
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I still think he misses the whole year..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #111
Eug Cock
Old Dixie Youth

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudly

It seems like a lot of people on here expect everybody to have the same experiences as they did or they're some kind of lesser person. Congratulations for not getting into trouble when you were young everyone...I'm proud of you.

I was in 10 kinds of trouble when I was his age...and in 5 points.

...and I turned out to be a (relatively) productive member of society.

Spitting on a woman warrants a straight up ass whoopin in my book but jeezuz he didn't murder somebody.
That being said...if I'd have been there I'd have laid him out cold myself.

But I believe in second (and third) chances....I got dozens and I'm thankful as hell for them.

"Our history is not all that super before we got here..."
-HBC
Eug Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #112
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

I think Frank's really working with Rakym on making sure he becomes a better person before he steps back (hopefully) onto the court as a gamecock again.

I think Rakym coming from such a rough background and overcoming numerous obstacles to even be alive/getting here in the first place makes me believe that is why Frank is so tight with Rah and just wants him to have a better life.

Frank's the type of coach and person who can really help and is helping a young man like Rakym.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #113
willyb's hotdogs#1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2700
willyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
In a*recently released*statement from his attorney, Neal Lourie, Felder expressed remorse for his actions.
Im very sorry for my recent behavior that led to my arrest and school suspension. I take full responsibility for my actions and make no excuses for my conduct, Felder said. I apologize to the entire University of South Carolina family including our loyal fans, President [Harris] Pastides, Board of Trustees, Athletic Director Ray Tanner, coach Martin and his staff, and my teammates.
I know I have let you down and I will have to work hard to regain your trust.
he's never gonna pay that down, that apology letter prolly cost about 40k

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #114
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Sportstalk "The case against suspended USC basketball player Rakym Felder has been dismissed."
https://twitter.com/sportstalksc/sta...85485755645954
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #115
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Sportstalk "The case against suspended USC basketball player Rakym Felder has been dismissed."
https://twitter.com/sportstalksc/sta...85485755645954

i figured that would be the result as soon as i heard 3rd degree assault...guess he pointed his finger and talked mean to someone
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #116
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
i figured that would be the result as soon as i heard 3rd degree assault...guess he pointed his finger and talked mean to someone
The reports were he had words with a young woman, she spit at him, he spit back at her and shoved her away, then other men took exception and there was a scuffle....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #117
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081372276
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

Sooooo what does this mean as far as a timetable for his return?
Old 09-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #118
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 10600
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eug Cock View Post
It seems like a lot of people on here expect everybody to have the same experiences as they did or they're some kind of lesser person. Congratulations for not getting into trouble when you were young everyone...I'm proud of you.

I was in 10 kinds of trouble when I was his age...and in 5 points.

...and I turned out to be a (relatively) productive member of society.

Spitting on a woman warrants a straight up ass whoopin in my book but jeezuz he didn't murder somebody.
That being said...if I'd have been there I'd have laid him out cold myself.

But I believe in second (and third) chances....I got dozens and I'm thankful as hell for them.
Well the woman spit on him first. I personally wouldn't hit her, or spit on her, but just because you're a woman doesn't mean you can act first and have no consequences
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #119
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Good to hear.

If he is not currently enrolled I imagine he would have to sit out until Dec and enroll and be able to play starting Jan. Is that correct?
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #120
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Well the woman spit on him first. I personally wouldn't hit her, or spit on her, but just because you're a woman doesn't mean you can act first and have no consequences
It's politically incorrect, but I thoroughly agree. Women don't just have the right to go ape-sh*t on men.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote