CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Master Bedroom
LegalCock
Wisercock
Ace Dilcock
Flameout12
cack
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
ccured
Crowd Against La Tec (1560)
A Win vs A Loss (465)
South Carolina vs. L (297)
Allisha Gray WNBA RO (290)
Coach Staley's big w (239)
TJ Shook (196)
Mexico City Earthqua (172)
Cocky Cash (139)
Wal*Mart customers s (90)
‘Mad Pooper’ Jogger (75)
Does Deebo Return Next Se
How Was the DJ?
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Ole Miss Rebels could swa
Remembering Kenny
Coach Staley's big weeken
What was your original pr
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
South Carolina vs. Louisi

Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #2261
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2018 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
That's what a lot of ppl on Twitter are saying. Attention and just trying to cause a scene.

Best thing USC fans can do is just ignore it. He's very likely sitting back laughing at the gullible people who actually believe this BS. Then he'll either get tired of his game or up the ante. IF he's serious about USC he'll show up on campus, until then it's more drama.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #2262
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

There may be something to this folks. That's all I can say at this point. We'll know Saturday night.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #2263
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
There may be something to this folks. That's all I can say at this point. We'll know Saturday night.
I would not be surprised if XT looked around - I have been saying it for a while now. And where there is smoke in recruiting, there is usually fire.

Having said that, I think the real wavering is down the road. Clemson is still gold in the media and the polls. When that changes, I think he will look around for real. Just keep looking at social media.....
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #2264
gocockswyn
Bowl MVP

Female

gocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
You're going to want to reopen the Jaycee Horn thread.
Really? What's up here?
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #2265
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

My thoughts on XT based solely on my opinion and speculation:

Before the whole Tater spring game debacle, it was being said that XT was waiting to see how our team had improved from the year before. Well right now SC is getting a lot of buzz from ESPN and others. We have even been mentioned as the best team in the East. Also, XT knows a lot of the guys at SC and some of the commits from playing ball in the state, Clemson has this as well, but Joyner I think is a difference maker. I know he seems to be good friends with the Jones kid at IMG but that is a new friendship cause they go to school together, I think they room together as well. I made friends in college and stayed close to a few, but my long term friendships are what I went back to once I graduated.

Mainly I think he wants to visit but he knows the Dabo "rule", and that Dabo would not give him his blessing for a SC visit. He jumped the gun on his commitment for whatever reason and now I think he is a bit confused and getting nervous as it is getting closer for him to put pen to paper that actually binds him.

Very possibly nothing comes from the chattering about him but I think Coach and the team has his attention and he is seeing that some of the negative recruiting that he was told is not as true as it sounded 6 months ago.

Either way the Garnet and Black train will keep rolling, he just has to decide whether he wants to jump on the car or get passed by.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #2266
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
Really? What's up here?

Horn is going to be in Columbia Sat night
Old 09-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #2267
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Mainly I think he wants to visit but he knows the Dabo "rule", and that Dabo would not give him his blessing for a SC visit. He jumped the gun on his commitment for whatever reason and now I think he is a bit confused and getting nervous as it is getting closer for him to put pen to paper that actually binds him.
Here's (part of) the deal with that.

Since he's signed the financial agreement paper, Clemson couldn't drop him right now if they wanted to. But he COULD drop them. So there is no way that Clemson can enforce Dabo's little "rule" about Commits not taking visits. However, in exchange for that, Clemson gets to talk to him as much as they want.

And then there's this...

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football.../clemson/90314

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football...carolina/91832

Old 09-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #2268
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

XT can visit anywhere he wants & dabo will do nothing except try to talk him out of it. Same as D Watson when he visited Auburn after commiting. If he wanted to visit he knows damn well he could & still have his slot at Clemson. So far he's not done so. That tells me a lot. The no visit rule is for the "little people"
Old 09-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #2269
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Forgot about the papers, great point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM   #2270
Lonnie
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Forgot about the papers, great point
It's kind of the root of the issue right now. "Loyalty".

Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #2271
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I think with any recruiting it's best to take an interest from afar and then wait until after signing day to get excited or depressed or angry or whatever other emotions people want to spend on eighteen year old kids who haven't touched a football in college yet.

After the past few years, my new approach is simply to wait until Spring camp and Fall to get excited about player's potentials. Not to call out a single player, but BMac cured me of getting excited about highly recruited players.

All that being said, even if XT has no desire to step foot on campus, to those outside it helps fuel a perception that will help build a reputation, so I'm all for these guys to speculate. Even if not true, just helps us look more legitimate and a hotter ticket.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #2272
gocockswyn
Bowl MVP

Female

gocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Horn is going to be in Columbia Sat night
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #2273
carolinafan53186
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Guys I'm not promising anything but the smoke is getting kinda thick
Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #2274
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan53186 View Post
Guys I'm not promising anything but the smoke is getting kinda thick

Got to be some fire somewhere!!!!

Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #2275
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Until he sets foot on campus, dont hold your breath. Once a high profile commits he doesnt get any more love from the fans he committed to, those fans are after the next recruit. The only was to feel wanted again is flirt with the other school. In the end he likes the attention of being recruited. If he decomits, or shows up on Saturday, then maybe. Even if he shows up, I would expect a 100% committed to the pasture pansies shortly after.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #2276
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29770000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Wish we had more flexibility, sounds like unless some of our commits don't qualify our numbers are getting tight. Maybe 4 spots left, still have a lot of talent on the board we're jockeying for.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #2277
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

All USC can do is try to get him on campus and go from there. Its nice to know that we (or FSU would be my guess) have given the Clemson staff a distraction though.

I'll re-open his thread is something happens like a visit or a decommit.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #2278
jch81
Banned

Male

jch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
XT can visit anywhere he wants & dabo will do nothing except try to talk him out of it. Same as D Watson when he visited Auburn after commiting. If he wanted to visit he knows damn well he could & still have his slot at Clemson. So far he's not done so. That tells me a lot. The no visit rule is for the "little people"
It's no more official visits. Can't stop a player from going to a game. Deshauns visit was not an official and neither is XT if he shows up
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:10 PM   #2279
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Well I'd say at this point with XT there is enough smoke to say there's definitely a fire, whether or not that fire amounts to anything or not remains to be seen.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #2280
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

CockyCash: 456
cjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudly

Don't know how many of you follow Rob Proffit on twitter (he's a great Gamecock follow IMO) but he certainly seems to think something is up.

https://twitter.com/BreakinDownFilm
cjerickson is offline   Reply With Quote