CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
Canefaninsc
kick_ball
GregoryHouse
Blitzkrieg
acejrock
Cockhornleghorn
SanAntonioCock
MountainCock
GoldenSpur7
How Much Attrition D (1003)
**USC Women (9-1) vs (496)
Good Players Who Mad (471)
QB coach (460)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (231)
***SPOILERS*** The L (149)
Maple Leafs Fans Hel (111)
2019 WBB - Haley Jon (111)
Face Value Question (99)
**USC Women (9-1) vs. Sav
Face Value Question
Bianca Cuevas-Moore out f
NFL: PACKERS @ CAROLINA P
Question regarding new OC
2018 - Channing Tindall
NFL: RAMS @ SEAHAWKS Sun
NFL: DOLPHINS @ BILLS Sun
*** 2017 Carolina Panther
2018 - KJ Henry

Old 10-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #61
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Underdog Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
And how many times do you see a team get humiliated one week and come back the next game and play extremely tough/win for no other reason than pride? They were 2-6 in the SEC the year we lost to them, they were the definition of a dumpster fire. I'm saying that just because a top 5 team goes into Tennessee's house and beats them senseless doesn't mean we will, we're not a top 5 team.
It was not just UGA, they beat UMASS 17-13 the week before, also at home. They are very fragile and not playing well at home, and the wolves will be out in force.

They had a similar situation coming into our game last year and lost - with a veteran QB, RBs, WRs, and Barnett at DE. They have none of that this year and will go with a new QB.

The games that we lost under Spurrier were when we were the Big Dog and were favored. We just came in over-confident and did not take the game seriously enough. I don't think this team has a big head and we are growing up quickly.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #62
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
It was not just UGA, they beat UMASS 17-13 the week before, also at home. They are very fragile and not playing well at home, and the wolves will be out in force.

They had a similar situation coming into our game last year and lost - with a veteran QB, RBs, WRs, and Barnett at DE. They have none of that this year and will go with a new QB.

The games that we lost under Spurrier were when we were the Big Dog and were favored. We just came in over-confident and did not take the game seriously enough. I don't think this team has a big head and we are growing up quickly.
I've learned my lesson, I never go in expecting anything more than a tossup in Neyland, The Swamp, or Between the Hedges. Historically the games against UT have been tight regardless of which team home team was a dumpster fire. I don't see this game being an exception. Could it be the exception to the rule in this series? Sure. Would I bet on it being the exception and us dominating? No.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #63
Blackland
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

Have we ever beaten them 2 in a row?
Old 10-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #64
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
We beat them in 2010, 2011, and 2012. 2010 and 2012 were at home and the road game against a very bad (1 conference win) Tennessee team the final score was 14-3.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #65
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Old 10-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #66
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
And how many times do you see a team get humiliated one week and come back the next game and play extremely tough/win for no other reason than pride? They were 2-6 in the SEC the year we lost to them, they were the definition of a dumpster fire. I'm saying that just because a top 5 team goes into Tennessee's house and beats them senseless doesn't mean we will, we're not a top 5 team.
Yeah, they will play with pride, but as long as we play well, we are still 3 TDs Better then them on their best damn day. The problem with neither team is effort. TN's problem is they are poorly coached, lack a proven QB, and have no confidence. They are in their heads even more than you are.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #67
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
I've learned my lesson, I never go in expecting anything more than a tossup in Neyland, The Swamp, or Between the Hedges. Historically the games against UT have been tight regardless of which team home team was a dumpster fire. I don't see this game being an exception. Could it be the exception to the rule in this series? Sure. Would I bet on it being the exception and us dominating? No.
There is no rule like that. It's BS you made up. You just don't think we'll go up there and kick some ass because we never have before. Well get ready, because it's about to happen. It's on a platter for us. Inferiority complex not needed.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #68
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
There is no rule like that. It's BS you made up. You just don't think we'll go up there and kick some ass because we never have before. Well get ready, because it's about to happen. It's on a platter for us. Inferiority complex not needed.
It's not an inferiority complex, I expect the same thing when those teams walk in the Williams Brice. It comes with the territory in the SEC, it's damn difficult to win on the road and it's even more difficult to crush a team on the road.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #69
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Yeah, they will play with pride, but as long as we play well, we are still 3 TDs Better then them on their best damn day. The problem with neither team is effort. TN's problem is they are poorly coached, lack a proven QB, and have no confidence. They are in their heads even more than you are.
They're poorly coached for sure, no doubting that. Pure talent, even if it has been underutilized by that coaching staff is still at minimum equal to ours. I think we'll win a tight game because they're not going to roll over but we have the superior coaching staff that will make better adjustments than theirs will. I think we'll win by somewhere between 3-10 points and won't be shocked if we lose. It's not being a pessimist, I'm just not allowing the last game for each team to overly influence my view of the game. The last time we did that was UK after we crushed Mizzou and UK barely beat a very bad team in back to back weeks. People went overboard on thinking we would lose to Arky last week after what had happened due against UK, LaTech, and A&M while I was predicting a win so I'm not a pessimist by any stretch I'm just not foolish enough to predict crushing UT in UT where historically our biggest win against them was by 11 and that was with one of the best teams in our history against another dumpster fire UT team with a poor staff.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #70
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

As I was saying...
Old 10-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #71
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

CockyCash: 323529
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material

Quote:
They're poorly coached for sure, no doubting that. Pure talent, even if it has been underutilized by that coaching staff is still at minimum equal to ours. I think we'll win a tight game because they're not going to roll over but we have the superior coaching staff that will make better adjustments than theirs will. I think we'll win by somewhere between 3-10 points and won't be shocked if we lose. It's not being a pessimist, I'm just not allowing the last game for each team to overly influence my view of the game. The last time we did that was UK after we crushed Mizzou and UK barely beat a very bad team in back to back weeks. People went overboard on thinking we would lose to Arky last week after what had happened due against UK, LaTech, and A&M while I was predicting a win so I'm not a pessimist by any stretch I'm just not foolish enough to predict crushing UT in UT where historically our biggest win against them was by 11 and that was with one of the best teams in our history against another dumpster fire UT team with a poor staff.
Ding, ding, ding. Winner, winner chicken(well maybe not) dinner.
Lant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #72
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Made big money back to back weeks taking the Cocks straight up