CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
GregoryHouse
AtlGAMECOCK
TaySC
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
Ace Dilcock
RGHoskins
kingofnerf
PFW79
Is It Just Me..... (1128)
Ruin a TV Show by Ad (896)
What happened to UNC (742)
Why we should apprec (691)
Week 4: Around Colle (124)
MBB off-season overs (59)
Why we should appreciate
How Good Can Frank's Team
2019 Commitment - Cameron
Is It Just Me.....
High school football has
Week 4: Around College Fo
Will the Gamecocks Score
What happened to UNC foot
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
***Volleyball 2018 Season

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #7641
G&BGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPitG&BGamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2018 - Dorian Gerald - Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Youíre right, but itís fun to take credit for pushing him off the ledge. Somebody has to do it, might as well be us. His arrogant ass needs to be fired.

If we win Saturday then Champ is 5-0 against Butch in his career. Yeah, Butch has recruited well, but I kind of like UT keeping a coach around that perennially underachieves. In a perfect world, they lose to us, Gerald and Horn flip, and they somehow justify keeping Butch in town. Iíd be a big fan of that.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #7642
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3212025668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Let's be honest, Butch isn't some marvelous recruiter. It's Tennesssee, who can't recruit for that school? I'm fine with them keeping him as we slowly build back up.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #7643
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5440
CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Let's be honest, Butch isn't some marvelous recruiter. It's Tennesssee, who can't recruit for that school? I'm fine with them keeping him as we slowly build back up.
Not known as the easiest place to pull high end recruits. Tennessee is limited in national level talent and their glory days are before most of these guys are born. Butch is a good recruiter, bad developer.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #7644
GOCOCKS63
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervousGOCOCKS63 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

If I was him I would be all over South Carolina asking to come here. Look how they have developed Brunson! Brad Johnson is going to be a good one too, he's still a little raw but he was quick and disrupted some plays against A&M
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #7645
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
T-Rob will get some serious looks after this year, I do agree though I think we need to worry about BMac as well. If we hold onto both for the year it's a massive thing for our program because both guys can do evals and recruit.
Hopefully Ray isn't afraid to open up the check book and keep this team intact for a couple more years.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #7646
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Hopefully Ray isn't afraid to open up the check book and keep this team intact for a couple more years.
All Ray can do is give them enough money to keep other teams from hiring them away as coordinators, nothing you can do when it comes to a HC hire.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #7647
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Not looking good with Dax anymore.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #7648
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit
Default 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:

Why???
Some new information out there??
Or opinion??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #7649
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 27247
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
LB Dax Hollifield of Shelby, NC made his second official visit last weekend to USC for the Arkansas game. In a video interview with Rivals, Hollifield said a lot of things stood out to him on the visit. “I really enjoyed it. They won pretty big. Their defense is playing really well right now. I really like how Coach Muschamp, Coach TRob (Travis Robinson) and Coach Hutzler are making this defense. They are the real leader of team. They’re the reason they win games. I like how they are doing that. Jake Bentley and the offense are coming around. As the year is going on they are getting better.” Hollifield also has been to Florida State officially and will take his third official this weekend to North Carolina. He also will take official visits to Virginia Tech and Stanford.
https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...l-visits-week/
Old 10-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #7650
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/395178

Four-star linebacker Dax Hollifield has taken more than his fair share of South Carolina recruiting trips, but none were quite the same as last weekend’s official visit.
Quote:
The time in Columbia afford the Gamecocks a chance to shine in several areas that are important to the No. 5 inside linebacker in the Class of 2018, according to the 247Sports composite.

Though Hollifield enjoys close relationships with several coaches on the South Carolina staff, he hadn’t really spent much time with the current players, other than freshman linebacker Sherrod Greene, who also served as his player-host.
Sophomore quarterback Jake Bentley was among the players Hollifield met.
“They work hard. … They were talking about during camp, each year during fall camp, they get up at like 5 o’clock in the morning and won’t go home until 8 o’clock at night,” Hollifield said. “I really like that. I like a team that’s going to work hard and knows they’re going to get better, stuff like that.”
The 6-foot-2, 225-pound prospect likes that the Gamecocks practice during the morning while in season.
“I’d rather practice in the morning, to be honest with you, get it out of the way and have the night off,” he said. “I like that a lot. That’s positive for me.”
Another positive: South Carolina’s 4-2 start this season, particularly the 48-22 win over Arkansas. It was the second time he’d been to Williams-Brice this season for a game.

“I was happy with it,” Hollifield said. “The two games they’ve lost they were close games. I think a couple of balls have rolled the wrong way for them, especially them missing like four field goals against Kentucky. It really killed them. I didn’t really watch the Texas A&M game, but I heard it went down to the wire.
“I’m happy for them to have some success like that. They really played well [against Arkansas]. On offense, I was really happy with it as well, because they didn’t have Deebo Samuel. Without him, that’s probably the No. 1 target for Jake Bentley — for him to play like that without him out there, they played really well, I thought.”
The message from Muschamp remains the same. Come in and compete for a chance to play early, because there’s not much depth at linebacker.
“They need me,” Hollifield said. “I really got to see their depth better. In their walk-thru, I really got to see how it was. I mean, Sherrod Greene started, so I know I can come in – Skai Moore’s leaving, so I know I can come in and play off the bat, so that’s positive.”
North Carolina will host Hollifield for an official visit this weekend. The following weekend, he’ll return to Blacksburg for his official to Virginia Tech. Stanford’s is scheduled for January. Florida State hosted him earlier this season.
“They’re fun. … I really don’t understand why anybody would not take all five official visits,” Hollifield said. “They’re awesome. I’ve had the time of my life on the two I went to.”
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #7651
Wybird
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudly

Quote:
How is it not looking good?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #7652
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wybird View Post
How is it not looking good?

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #7653
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I have to agree with Dax on this...

“They’re fun. … I really don’t understand why anybody would not take all five official visits,” Hollifield said. “They’re awesome. I’ve had the time of my life on the two I went to.”

I don't get why these kids are passing up on all expenses paid trips. (I guess everything is paid for??)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #7654
DixieChicken89
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his combDixieChicken89 is developing his comb

Quote:
I donít get this. You post vague but interesting info on players without giving a source but routinely ask for sources when others post info. Not trying to call you out because you do give good info in many cases but when you post information about a player that goes against what many others have heard and referenced it would be nice to see where you got the info from. Maybe you are your own source and thatís great but maybe let us know one way or another.

Again, not trying to call you out because you do give good info and have excellent posts.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #7655
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Quote:
Where are you getting this from?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #7656
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 0
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

So out of that whole article were all positives but this guy says, “not looking good for Dax anymore”.........

Sounds like a free post counter
Old 10-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #7657
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
Where are you getting this from?
TBS said there was a report about some comments from one of his coaches that said Dax was more likely to pick Stanford or VaTech. There was also an analyst report that basically said the same thing.

I can make an argument now that BAW is coming back next year, along with Brunson plus Greene and Thompson, he may not get early PT at Carolina next year.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #7658
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

Default Re: 2018 - Saivion Smith

Quote:
It appears USC has dropped out of the running for former LSU cornerback Saivion Smith of Gulf Coast Mississippi JC. He told the Biloxi Sun-Herald after his game Thursday night he’s planning official visits to Alabama, Mississippi State and Auburn.
https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...l-visits-week/
Old 10-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #7659
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
I am not going to be "that guy" - the one that says we don't really want him anyway -but I suspect that we may have already moved on, knowing that he was a long shot and we had more likely options. Like Mukuamu and Horn.

I feel good about Mukuamu, and it helps that he committed to a school that is 1-3 right now (FSU). Horn is in a similar situation - he remains committed to UT but they are 3-2, lost their last game at home 41-0 and are nearing official dumpster fire certification. Which means they have a lame duck coach.

Time to pour more gas on the fire Saturday. I hope our guys can pull it off!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #7660
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I am not going to be "that guy" - the one that says we don't really want him anyway -but I suspect that we may have already moved on, knowing that he was a long shot and we had more likely options. Like Mukuamu and Horn.

I feel good about Mukuamu, and it helps that he committed to a school that is 1-3 right now (FSU). Horn is in a similar situation - he remains committed to UT but they are 3-2, lost their last game at home 41-0 and are nearing official dumpster fire certification. Which means they have a lame duck coach.

Time to pour more gas on the fire Saturday. I hope our guys can pull it off!
We're still pursuing at this point and will until we either fill up or he tells us we have 0 chance and cuts off communication.
Closed Thread