CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
Canefaninsc
Three and Out
taylorssc
MountainCock
smoovecock
AR1
2018 - Rashod Batema (1185)
Scott Frost will coa (625)
Asteroid or Spaceshi (512)
Bowl Practice (495)
tv refresh rate for (96)
2018 - Channing Tindall
Martin on the fans
2018 Commitment - Kingsle
2018 - Bryce Thompson
The Official "#Spurs
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2018 Commitment - Israel
2018 Commitment - Jesus G
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
tv refresh rate for 4k fl

Old 11-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #21
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: **USC Women vs. Alabama State GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Her tape looked good at high school but yes a step slower need work looks like a career bench player i had more hope for her.... jackson is who i like the most out of the freshmen her midrange shoot look pretty good. Lele not sure about her expected more i want her at wing not post
Jennings looked slow too, But it was the first game of the season.

Last edited by meesh982000; 11-11-2017 at 08:31 AM..
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #22
Kinghardheaded
Walk On

Male

Kinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spurs

Let's give Williams a chance. I can remember Kiki looking bad at first and look at her growth. I'm exited to watch Spann this season, although to me it seems Grisset should not be in the post. I thought she was a guard?
Kinghardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
Let's give Williams a chance. I can remember Kiki looking bad at first and look at her growth. I'm exited to watch Spann this season, although to me it seems Grisset should not be in the post. I thought she was a guard?
I agree...Some of our fans are so foolishly harsh with our own young players, it's ridiculous..98% of freshmen get that deer in headlights look for the first month or so...The same fans were ripping Kiki Harrigan that way this past Jan..Only a modicum of wisdom is required to give the freshmen a chance to mature and adapt to the speed and intensity of the SEC game...

Grissett was always recruited to be a 3 or a 4...She is a very long and athletic post...Once she matures, she will be a star for us...As will LaDazhia Williams..We don't need them to carry the team this season...We need them to grow up and kick butt when the baton is passed on...But this season, we need 10-15 quality minutes from each
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #24
allnet43
Recruit

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

First, way too early for “career bench” player label for any incoming freshman in my opinion. Give them a break to adjust to the talent level and some time.....

Defensively, Cliney is going to hurt some feelings this year as her ball pressure is going to frustrate scorers. She will undoubtedly draw the hard guards.

On the freshmen, Bianca Jackson is going to be a player; she has good handle, court vision & passing skills and just seems to glide on the floor. I expect her to mature quickly with playing time.

Kiki looks physically stronger this year. Glad to see her shooting with more range and keeping her head up on her drives. She’s going to a real contributor in winning the tough games for us.

Lots to like about this team and plenty of flexibility in lineups. Going to be a fun year....
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #25
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

A’ja Wilson at point guard? Spann leading the offense? Lessons from Alabama State

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...184103281.html
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #26
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnet43 View Post
First, way too early for “career bench” player label for any incoming freshman in my opinion. Give them a break to adjust to the talent level and some time.....

Defensively, Cliney is going to hurt some feelings this year as her ball pressure is going to frustrate scorers. She will undoubtedly draw the hard guards.

On the freshmen, Bianca Jackson is going to be a player; she has good handle, court vision & passing skills and just seems to glide on the floor. I expect her to mature quickly with playing time.

Kiki looks physically stronger this year. Glad to see her shooting with more range and keeping her head up on her drives. She’s going to a real contributor in winning the tough games for us.

Lots to like about this team and plenty of flexibility in lineups. Going to be a fun year....
not bad being a bench player if shes starting we are in trouble...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #27
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I agree...Some of our fans are so foolishly harsh with our own young players, it's ridiculous..98% of freshmen get that deer in headlights look for the first month or so...The same fans were ripping Kiki Harrigan that way this past Jan..Only a modicum of wisdom is required to give the freshmen a chance to mature and adapt to the speed and intensity of the SEC game...

Grissett was always recruited to be a 3 or a 4...She is a very long and athletic post...Once she matures, she will be a star for us...As will LaDazhia Williams..We don't need them to carry the team this season...We need them to grow up and kick butt when the baton is passed on...But this season, we need 10-15 quality minutes from each
Ive been a fan of kiki williams is like that player georgia had on THE bench all those years
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #28
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
It takes a long time to learn moves and touch and be a finisher. If you don't already have a bit a of that ability to bring with you from high school it's a problem.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #29
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 499716208
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Bianca won't play Monday either when we travel to Maryland
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #30
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

nm
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:37 AM   #31
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

https://youtu.be/FIinHBG6nHc
Alabama State Coach Freda Jackson making a comparison on playing Tennessee and South Carolina.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #32
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
Alabama State Coach Freda Jackson making a comparison on playing Tennessee and South Carolina.
Right now Tennessee would blow us off of the court if we played tomorrow. What has happened has finally happened: Holly Warlick got the self-centered, prima-donna individuals off of her roster, and replaced them with honest to goodness star basketball players that want to hustle and play team play the way Tennessee used to play under Summitt.

And they are rolling over all comers....they just annihilated Troy 131-69: Troy beat Alabama State by 30 pts earlier in the season. They had 73 rebounds and out-scored Troy 88-30 in the paint!!!
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #33
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Right now Tennessee would blow us off of the court if we played tomorrow. What has happened has finally happened: Holly Warlick got the self-centered, prima-donna individuals off of her roster, and replaced them with honest to goodness star basketball players that want to hustle and play team play the way Tennessee used to play under Summitt.

And they are rolling over all comers....they just annihilated Troy 131-69: Troy beat Alabama State by 30 pts earlier in the season. They had 73 rebounds and out-scored Troy 88-30 in the paint!!!
Has Tennessee beaten anyone good?

They won at Marquette by 2 - Marquette is in "others receiving votes". UT's next game is against Texas. We'll see how good they are then.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #34
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Has Tennessee beaten anyone good?

They won at Marquette by 2 - Marquette is in "others receiving votes". UT's next game is against Texas. We'll see how good they are then.
We shall see Sunday when they play #2 Texas
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #35
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21028
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
She said we were both huge and heavily complimented A'ja, but that right now, TN may be better on the perimeter with so many of our guards being out and not able to play now (Spann, Cuevas-Moore and Cooper).
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #36
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Thank you for your OPINION...Tenn should beat Texas in Knoxville since the Longhorns best player (Joyner Holmes) is still serving a 10 game suspension...But i doubt they will even beat a short handed Texas squad...The Vols are feasting on a lot of cupcakes...We don't play them until mid Jan...But if we did play them tomorrow, my money is on the Gamecocks
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #37
allnet43
Recruit

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Right now Tennessee would blow us off of the court if we played tomorrow.
Really.... blow us off the court? I don’t see that and I watch every possible Tenn game as my brother is a lifelong Tenn fan and we discuss each other’s games weekly.

Our season stats (ours first) are very comparable: .501-.499 FG%, .326-.342 3PT%, .685-.687 FT%, 17-18.8 assists/g, 10-9.6 St/g & 6.3-.5.2 bk/g, but they turn the ball over a few time more per game than us and we have played a much harder schedule so far, with their toughest opponent being #52 or so Marquette.

Assuming a competitive game where each starters would play heavy minutes, if you can tell me how their starters vs ours will “blow us off the court” please elaborate.....I’de appreciate the insight.

Wilson - Russell
Jennings - Nared
Jackson - Meme Jackson
Cliney - Davis
Harris - Westbrook

Tennessee has talent for sure; although, they will have to rely heavily on 3 freshmen (counting Hayes) delivering big for them.........

Last edited by allnet43; 12-07-2017 at 12:07 PM..
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #38
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

USC would beat TN by at least 10 points right now, even with 3 Guards out.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #39
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

20th ranked KY just lost their 2nd straight game and will likely be unranked when the next poll comes out.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:33 AM   #40
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
20th ranked KY just lost their 2nd straight game and will likely be unranked when the next poll comes out.
What does that have to do with USC vs Alabama State? Did Kentucky lose to Alabama State?