CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kick_ball
MountainCock
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
2k15
Blitzkrieg
kingofnerf
smoovecock
GoldenSpur7
gotrice?
New Star Wars Traile (534)
2017 North South Shr (488)
The Eagles to perfor (201)
UVERSE TV and Intern (193)
Colonial Life (173)
Holiday memes, jokes (128)
The Most Satisfying (0)
2017 North South Shrine B
Georgia State University
Question regarding new OC
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2018 - KJ Henry
Colonial Life
New Star Wars Trailer
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
Bentley Offensive Philoso

Old 11-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #601
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2018 - CB Jaycee Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
That's what he is saying. He's saying that Fenton is the only one with the option to come back and if he doesn't he is forfeiting his last year of eligibility.
Ahh I miss read it Iím on NyQuil so Iím claiming innocence
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #602
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

I think Fenton should come back - that island started to sink into the sea a little towards the end of the season. But Chalmers did not get a lot of burn, Tavyn Jackson and even Jam are still unproven, Nixon did not get a lot of PT and would be a Senior anyway, along with Montac, and Montac is more of a Safety.

Bottom line - lots of need at DB in general and CB in particular. I think we are in good shape on the DL and LB, so the DBs are the big question mark. We need two and would take three, I believe.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #603
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I think Fenton should come back - that island started to sink into the sea a little towards the end of the season. But Chalmers did not get a lot of burn, Tavyn Jackson and even Jam are still unproven, Nixon did not get a lot of PT and would be a Senior anyway, along with Montac, and Montac is more of a Safety.

Bottom line - lots of need at DB in general and CB in particular. I think we are in good shape on the DL and LB, so the DBs are the big question mark. We need two and would take three, I believe.
I think Nixon will be a good one next year. He got behind the 8 ball cause they tried converting him to a safety and he is a natural corner. Unlike the old staff the new staff quickly realized this and got him back on track. He has made some big plays in his little bit of playing time.

Montac is a very impressive player that I do not think anyone thought would do anything when and how he came in. He always seems to be around the ball and can hit with anyone in the country. He has made some big plays for us.

We do need to get some young corners on the field so that older experienced players can help them along next season. Jam will be better.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #604
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
I think Nixon will be a good one next year. He got behind the 8 ball cause they tried converting him to a safety and he is a natural corner. Unlike the old staff the new staff quickly realized this and got him back on track. He has made some big plays in his little bit of playing time.

Montac is a very impressive player that I do not think anyone thought would do anything when and how he came in. He always seems to be around the ball and can hit with anyone in the country. He has made some big plays for us.

We do need to get some young corners on the field so that older experienced players can help them along next season. Jam will be better.
I like Nixon too, he just came in late and that held him back. And Montac has been a find also - we missed him early when he was hurt.

But with both being Seniors, this class is critical for the future.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:13 AM   #605
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Bama just had a high priority DB commit

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/n...tment-decision
Old 12-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #606
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Bama just had a high priority DB commit

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/n...tment-decision
I think Horn is already likely to commit to us, but this could help with Savion Smith.

Everybody wants to commit to Bama till they find out they aren’t likely to play there.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #607
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I think Horn is already likely to commit to us, but this could help with Savion Smith.

Everybody wants to commit to Bama till they find out they arenít likely to play there.
.... or try to commit to only find out they had no real offer.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #608
gamecockclint
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
gamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot material

We got a CB pick today for Horn as well.
gamecockclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #609
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Jaycee Horn

Think Horn is a def. priority.
Also think getting Mukuamu and Thompson will be key...Thompson I believe projects as a safety, but could be a WR.

Gipson I think will be a CB for us and Character can play either.
One sleeper to keep an eye on is Imani Partlow out of UF.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:53 AM   #610
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
.... or try to commit to only find out they had no real offer.
We’re going to find out, Smith committed to Bama today.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #611
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Weíre going to find out, Smith committed to Bama today.
Yeah I would be surprised at this point if Bama had room for Horn.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #612
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Wonder if Pruitt can get TN back in the mix here?

Probably a bit too late.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #613
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post

Probably a bit too late.
..If UT hires him quick enough Im sure if Pruitt wants Horn he will pursue him for sure. I hope that is not the case because I believe if we could get Horn to Columbia to go along with Character and some players we already have on campus we would have a top 10 or better back field in a year or so. That would also set us up for recruiting and getting very good DBs every year for a while.
But if Pruitt gets hired I would bet Horn heads back up to Knoxville.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #614
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post

Probably a bit too late.
I may be wrong , but I don't think Pruitt was the reason Horn was thinking Alabama. I think it was more the program.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #615
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
I may be wrong , but I don't think Pruitt was the reason Horn was thinking Alabama. I think it was more the program.
..Probably correct but with UT hiring a defensive minded coach that may keep Horn in the fold.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #616
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

I think a recent recruit summarized it best. These guys build relationships with these coaches sometimes for years. When the entire coaching staff leaves there is no more relationship. Pruitt would have to do in 2 weeks what it took Butch and his staff years to build.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #617
UTVOLS
Get Schwifty.

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
I think a recent recruit summarized it best. These guys build relationships with these coaches sometimes for years. When the entire coaching staff leaves there is no more relationship. Pruitt would have to do in 2 weeks what it took Butch and his staff years to build.
Except Pruitt recruited Horn to Alabama.

UTVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:45 AM   #618
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Pruitt to Bama is probably the worst outcome for us.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #619
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVOLS View Post
Except Pruitt recruited Horn to Alabama.
And if Pruitt could not get him to Alabama - which has a lot more to sell than UT - why should we be worried now that he is at UT?

I get that there is a relationship in place, but Horn was not buying what Pruitt was selling before, so why now?
Old 12-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #620
UTVOLS
Get Schwifty.

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
And if Pruitt could not get him to Alabama - which has a lot more to sell than UT - why should we be worried now that he is at UT?

I get that there is a relationship in place, but Horn was not buying what Pruitt was selling before, so why now?
Bama slow played Horn the entire process. It's been pretty public knowledge Horn was enamored with Bama. Obviously we aren't Bama and can't turn someone like Horn away.

Maybe that turns Horn off and he wants no part of Pruitt or Tennessee. It's what happened with Trey Dean.

UTVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote