CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kick_ball
MountainCock
RGHoskins
2k15
Master Bedroom
Blitzkrieg
kingofnerf
smoovecock
GoldenSpur7
gotrice?
New Star Wars Traile (534)
2017 North South Shr (488)
The Eagles to perfor (201)
UVERSE TV and Intern (193)
Colonial Life (173)
Holiday memes, jokes (128)
The Most Satisfying (0)
Georgia State University
2017 North South Shrine B
Question regarding new OC
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2018 - KJ Henry
Colonial Life
New Star Wars Trailer
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
Bentley Offensive Philoso

Old 12-07-2017, 06:12 AM   #1
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material
Default Sugar Bowl - Who will win? Clemson or Bama?

Of course my hope is that Alabama gets revenge and beats Clemson. What say you?
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 11000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sugar Bowl - Who will win? Clemson or Bama?

I'm split on this one. Again, I wonder if Saban will be dealing with distracted/departed coordinators. If so, I'll pick the taters.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6640500
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
I'm split on this one. Again, I wonder if Saban will be dealing with distracted/departed coordinators. If so, I'll pick the taters.
Clemson is ALSO rumored to have the same issue. One OC and DC.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
GamecockTilIdie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 398
GamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPit

I think this one has Bama written all over it. It will definitely be interesting to see if the Clemson offense can perform in the same way against Bama's defense without the clutch playmaking ability of Watson. It's very hard for me to bet against Nick Saban when he has this long to game plan for an opponent, and I believe Bama will want to make a statement and show that they truly deserve to be in the playoff. Clemson's defense will play well, but I think the offense will turn the ball over 2+ times and the defense will crack. Bama 31-27

Last edited by GamecockTilIdie; 12-07-2017 at 09:02 AM..
GamecockTilIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #5
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6640500
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
I think this one has Bama written all over it. It will definitely be interesting to see if the Clemson offense can perform in the same way against Bama's defense without the clutch playmaking ability of Watson. It's very hard for me to bet against Nick Saban when he has this long to game plan for an opponent, and I believe Bama will want to make statement and show that they truly deserve to be in the playoff. Clemson's defense will play well, but I think the offense will turn the ball over 2+ times and the defense will crack. Bama 31-27
ON TARGET!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
AtlGAMECOCK
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Bama doesn't have the d that they used to.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
GamecockTilIdie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 398
GamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPitGamecockTilIdie rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Bama doesn't have the d that they used to.
2nd in the country in total defense, I'd say they're still pretty solid.
GamecockTilIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I think Clemson takes it, but I hope not!
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Bama. Too much time to prepare. 31-28
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Bama should have everyone healthy that night.

RTR!!!!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #11
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 22185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Really tough to call. I want Alabama to win, but I think Clemson is the slightly better team.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
longhaul
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Bama should have everyone healthy that night.

RTR!!!!
This: If they have everyone healthy on that D I think they win, but they have been really beat up especially at LB. It should be a good game.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #13
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

If the referees call out the rub routes, Bama wins easily..
Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #14
Curt Geezus
Retiring at 4,000

Male

CockyCash: 101252
Curt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
2nd in the country in total defense, I'd say they're still pretty solid.
Yeah but the majority of their season was destroying weak teams. This Bama team is very hard to judge because of their schedule. I don’t know how good or bad they are, and I’m not sure what they will have back from injury on defense.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #15
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Geezus View Post
Yeah but the majority of their season was destroying weak teams. This Bama team is very hard to judge because of their schedule. I don’t know how good or bad they are, and I’m not sure what they will have back from injury on defense.
..There defense will be fine no matter who plays or who doesnt play. It will be all about the QB. Hurst cant throw the ball down field well and it has cost them a couple of games in the last 2 years.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #16
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Bama. Saban is 12-2 in revenge games and Bama has had an extra week to heal up and prepare. Giving Minkah Fitzpatrick time to get fully healed will be a huge difference for their defense.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #17
Curt Geezus
Retiring at 4,000

Male

CockyCash: 101252
Curt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot materialCurt Geezus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
..There defense will be fine no matter who plays or who doesnt play. It will be all about the QB. Hurst cant throw the ball down field well and it has cost them a couple of games in the last 2 years.
I disagree based on how they’ve played down the stretch. They are still good but not scary like in years past. I agree about Hurts though. Some of his numbers look good until you think about who it was against. I wouldn’t ever want to rely on him winning the game with his arm.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #18
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 950350
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Geezus View Post
I disagree based on how they’ve played down the stretch. They are still good but not scary like in years past. I agree about Hurts though. Some of his numbers look good until you think about who it was against. I wouldn’t ever want to rely on him winning the game with his arm.
Kind of funny that you call them out about their schedule when this same thing can be said about your own team.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #19
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Sad to say, I don't think Bama has the O to get it done against clemmers D. Conversely, I think clemmer's O will get it done against Bama's D.

Tillmanites - 37
Saban - 17

92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #20
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 11000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
Clemson is ALSO rumored to have the same issue. One OC and DC.
Won’t happen. Clemson people never leave the magic in them thar hills.

Pruitt is gone. Once again, Clemson get Bama in turmoil.

Taters win this one easily.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote