CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kick_ball
MountainCock
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
2k15
Blitzkrieg
kingofnerf
smoovecock
GoldenSpur7
gotrice?
2017 North South Shr (1075)
New Star Wars Traile (560)
The Eagles to perfor (213)
UVERSE TV and Intern (209)
Colonial Life (204)
Holiday memes, jokes (147)
The Most Satisfying (20)
2017 North South Shrine B
Georgia State University
Question regarding new OC
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2018 - KJ Henry
Colonial Life
New Star Wars Trailer
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
Bentley Offensive Philoso

Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #41
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC (6-2) vs. Wyoming (6-2) GAME Thread**

80-64 win for the Gamecocks.

Glad we shot 35% on 3's or this might have been a close one.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #42
GeoCocky66
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3208
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
80-64 win for the Gamecocks.

Glad we shot 35% on 3's or this might have been a close one.
Booker 3-5
Haase 3-7
Minaya 2-3
Rest of team 0-8
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #43
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Good RPI win for the team....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #44
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Good win for the team. Holding onto the ball remains an issue but I think as they get more games under their belts it will improve. I'm not expecting it to get to the level that I'd like to see in that department but limiting the stupid TOs would go a long way to helping us improve. Lots to like about this team though.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #45
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Just watched Franks post game presser. He is one pissed off dude! Very unhappy with the lack of hustle and focus of his team. Unhappy with turnovers. Unhappy with his guard play. Unhappy with attendance. His assistants are going to have to try to calm him down or he might hurt somebody! He said they might have somebody miss a game because of an injury from loose ball drills! He did say they played defense pretty good in the first half, but not in the second half. He said he is either going to fix the problems, or they are going to bury him! The guys should get ready for a couple of rough days of practice before the game on Saturday!
thumpin big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #46
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
Broken nose in the last game.
No. it was in practice.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:55 PM   #47
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Just watched Franks post game presser. He is one pissed off dude! Very unhappy with the lack of hustle and focus of his team. Unhappy with turnovers. Unhappy with his guard play. Unhappy with attendance. His assistants are going to have to try to calm him down or he might hurt somebody! He said they might have somebody miss a game because of an injury from loose ball drills! He did say they played defense pretty good in the first half, but not in the second half. He said he is either going to fix the problems, or they are going to bury him! The guys should get ready for a couple of rough days of practice before the game on Saturday!
I can't disagree with him on any of those points.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:34 AM   #48
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

beak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPit

We need to support that basketball team. Come on!
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #49
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talonsMjGCock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Wow he so mad. Again he called out the attendance- I'm worried he'll just get sick of the lack of support and just bounce. But that also could be an old school mind set- attendance isn't that high anywhere for midweek non-conference games.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:10 AM   #50
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjGCock View Post
Wow he so mad. Again he called out the attendance- I'm worried he'll just get sick of the lack of support and just bounce. But that also could be an old school mind set- attendance isn't that high anywhere for midweek non-conference games.
That thought crossed my mind too. But with few exceptions, unless its an opponent that people know, its hard to get a big crowd for a Wed. non conference game in Dec. I expect the crowds will grow when SEC play starts. But I understand Frank's frustration. It would be nice to have a big crowd for every game.
thumpin big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:37 AM   #51
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 419716208
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Still waiting to see who's gonna emerge as the leader of this team.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 AM   #52
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

I go to every game, but I know that's not typical. If you didn't go to the game Saturday and/or the game tonight, why didn't you go? If you did go, why, also? Let's be brutally honest.

I think more people don't go because of the schedule consisting of little known non-conference opponents.

I go to every game because it's a good way to let off steam, I believe it's disloyal to NOT go and I love basketball.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:23 AM   #53
AndersonCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
AndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his combAndersonCock is developing his comb

A lot of people have something church related on Wednesday but it is disappointing won't lure big time recruits with only 20% of the arena filled
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #54
Alumni2012
Walk On

Male

Alumni2012 has feathers coming inAlumni2012 has feathers coming inAlumni2012 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I go to every game, but I know that's not typical. If you didn't go to the game Saturday and/or the game tonight, why didn't you go? If you did go, why, also? Let's be brutally honest.

I think more people don't go because of the schedule consisting of little known non-conference opponents.

I go to every game because it's a good way to let off steam, I believe it's disloyal to NOT go and I love basketball.
I have season tickets but I live in Charleston. Itís hard to make it to weekday games at 7 oíclock. I usually make a good number of them though. For weekday games, it usually requires people who live near Columbia to come out. Unfortunately in our case, thatís a tough draw. I donít know what the answer is for us to have a huge crowd every night. We went to a Final Four last year and still have the same issues.
Alumni2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #55
cockylaw
Banned

Male

cockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his comb

Well, a win's a win.
cockylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #56
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Silva broke his nose in practice, but it was before the last game. Nobody knew about it because he did not wear the mask for the last game.

Frank is doing what he does. The players are meshing slowly and they need to learn what Frank expects on D and in terms of effort. The practices over the next couple of weeks (and the intense practices actually started after the last game when Frank was unhappy) will pay off by the end of the year.

The good news - Haase gives us the 3rd big that we needed last year. If Doumbia, Cudd or Gueye can improve enough to give us some minutes, we will have something.

We still need to get Holden 100% and going full-speed. Until then, the guard play will be lacking. Of course, if Rah returns, that would be huge.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #57
Blitzkrieg
Household Name

Male

Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

The weather didn't help attendance last night. It was cold and raining. I went but then I seldom miss a game.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #58
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Didn't they like give away tickets (or solicit donations from ticket holders) and stuff at football games to get some asses in the seats for several games this season? Did they sell out the season tickets? They might need to drop the prices or move people who repeatedly don't come up out of the lower bowl. Ticket sales probably aren't really that meaningful in the big picture of revenue versus keeping a good coach and making the product look attractive for recruits and TV.

Sounds like he's going to be looking to bail eventually with this lack of support. Granted, you lost all your fun to watch guards and its not like you're scheduling Michigan here.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #59
CarolinaCJAM
Carolina Band

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinaCJAM has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Didn't they like give away tickets (or solicit donations from ticket holders) and stuff at football games to get some asses in the seats for several games this season? Did they sell out the season tickets? They might need to drop the prices or move people who repeatedly don't come up out of the lower bowl. Ticket sales probably aren't really that meaningful in the big picture of revenue versus keeping a good coach and making the product look attractive for recruits and TV.
The entire lower level of CLA sold out with season tickets this year. First time in a very long time. Unfortunately, it just doesn't reflect with the amount of people deciding not to attend the games.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #60
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Fans and students don't have an excuse anymore. Before he understood because the team was bad. Before he understood because the team was still trying to figure out a identity. This team just gave you a Final 4 banner. Fill up the arena and support the program.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote