CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
ShutTheSuccop
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
thekob
SanAntonioCock
Ace Dilcock
MountainCock
Alshon Jeffery (1368)
Pats - Jags Game Fix (1085)
Stephen Gilmore (977)
Caption This Pic (939)
South Carolina Gamec (725)
The 2018 Big Dance T (480)
Super Bowl LII Alsh (309)
I had a dream last n (307)
Breaking down the Ga (272)
2018 Spring Scrimmag (141)
2018 - PF - EJ Montgomery
2021 - Quenton Barnes
Alshon Jeffery
Breaking down the Gamecoc
All (half) Decade team: 2
PODCAST: The Spurs Up Sho
How Many 247- 4 Stars in
South Carolina Gamecocks
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
The 2018 Big Dance Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #241
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
A lot of people feel this way. But when are you are able to say we have a top 15 or even a top 10 recruiting class vs a top 25 or top 20... the perception is much different. Players want to play with other great players and the rankings help reflect that.

FWIW - Thompson should be graded out at about. 94 or 95 by 247 when it's all said and done. Kid is an absolute beast
This.

Stars are meaningless in the sense that Thompson obviously is who he is regardless of any site’s rating, BUT class rankings are a key part of the overall perception of our program in the eyes of current and future (2019, 2020) recruits. They see improved recruiting rankings and they see more evidence of a program on the rise. Thompson getting a bump to 4-Star could be key to us finishing with a top 15 class (along with getting Wonnum and Sandidge, of course.)

Last edited by Kazak; 01-12-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #242
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13662
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Thompson is a 5* talent, whether he is graded there or not. That is all that matters.

Well, that and getting him qualified. And deciding where he can help the most. We might need him more at DB, but BMac could use him when Deebo is gone. Plus he is a Special Teams superstar in the making.

I will say it now - he has more talent and will be a better player in college than either Deon Cain or RayRay McCloud - both 5* players who proved to be over-rated once they got to college.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #243
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I will say it now - he has more talent and will be a better player in college than either Deon Cain or RayRay McCloud - both 5* players who proved to be over-rated once they got to college.
That is your brain wanting that to happen. you surely cant know that for sure.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #244
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

I think Bryce is in the conversation for top player in the state but to say he is clearly ahead of Derion Kendrick or vice versa is a load of crap. Both players are legit and it'll be interesting to see who has the better career. I fully expect him to be one of the biggest winners in the country in the re-ranking that's about to happen across the board, I think he'll finish up the #2 player in the state in the composite.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #245
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I think Bryce is in the conversation for top player in the state but to say he is clearly ahead of Derion Kendrick or vice versa is a load of crap. Both players are legit and it'll be interesting to see who has the better career. I fully expect him to be one of the biggest winners in the country in the re-ranking that's about to happen across the board, I think he'll finish up the #2 player in the state in the composite.
i agree. let me ask you a question..i hear he will be on defense at sc. do you think thats the case?

I personally dont see how somebody with those moves and speed can NOT be on offense. He would be a total nightmare in the slot. Shi Smith on Steroids..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #246
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i agree. let me ask you a question..i hear he will be on defense at sc. do you think thats the case?

I personally dont see how somebody with those moves and speed can NOT be on offense. He would be a total nightmare in the slot. Shi Smith on Steroids..
It's where I expect him to start out at the very least. Muschamp and TRob believe that he has 1st round CB written all over him. I could see his career playing out many different ways due to his versatility but I think it's a safe bet to say in August he'll start out working with the CBs. He could end up going the Pharoh route and switching to offense a month into his career here but as far as starting off he'll be on the defensive side. He also may factor into the return game.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #247
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spurs

Quote:
It's where I expect him to start out at the very least. Muschamp and TRob believe that he has 1st round CB written all over him. I could see his career playing out many different ways due to his versatility but I think it's a safe bet to say in August he'll start out working with the CBs. He could end up going the Pharoh route and switching to offense a month into his career here but as far as starting off he'll be on the defensive side. He also may factor into the return game.
He may start out on D, but they do need to try him at receiver in camp if heís that good. Itís an offense driven game these days. He may very well be able to have a larger impact as a receiver.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #248
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I really, really want his academics to be in order so he can qualify. I just want to see what he can do with his natural talent being nurtured by the likes of Muschamp and Robinson.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #249
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
He may start out on D, but they do need to try him at receiver in camp if heís that good. Itís an offense driven game these days. He may very well be able to have a larger impact as a receiver.
Legit 1st round CBs don't grow on trees. When you have one, and the way Muschamp puts together his defenses sometimes two, it makes everything on defense so much easier and operating on offense so much more difficult. In terms of stats and making noise that fans recognize WR would always be the choice. In terms of impact a coach recognizes it's a legit toss up, the CB position may not make as much noise when there is an elite CB but noise and impact are two different things. You can still get the ball into Thompson's hands on returns even if he is playing defense.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #250
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Legit 1st round CBs don't grow on trees. When you have one, and the way Muschamp puts together his defenses sometimes two, it makes everything on defense so much easier and operating on offense so much more difficult. In terms of stats and making noise that fans recognize WR would always be the choice. In terms of impact a coach recognizes it's a legit toss up, the CB position may not make as much noise when there is an elite CB but noise and impact are two different things. You can still get the ball into Thompson's hands on returns even if he is playing defense.
Yeah, I mean look at what Minkah Fitzpatrick meant to Alabama these past few seasons. And Jalen Ramsey with the Jags. They completely take away the entire side of the field they are on, which really limits an offense.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #251
rrsandersjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10200
rrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot material

Gamecock Central reporting that Thompson visited Marshall this weekend. Does this mean he may not meet our entrance requirements?
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #252
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Gamecock Central reporting that Thompson visited Marshall this weekend. Does this mean he may not meet our entrance requirements?
He's just doing his due diligence since he's close to going either way. As of now he projects to just qualify. Still he needs to have his ducks in a row in case the best case scenario doesn't happen.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #253
GeoCocky66
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3167
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Report cards this week - fingers crossed.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #254
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3123020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

He will be a true weapon wherever he goes. Need him in garnet/black.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #255
willyb's hotdogs#1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2700
willyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
Report cards this week - fingers crossed.
Eww shivers down my spine!

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #256
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
That is your brain wanting that to happen. you surely cant know that for sure.
Bryce wont have to do much to outshine McCloud and Cain.. Those two were so overhyped its ridiculous.... Deebo. Proved better than both
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM   #257
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8999501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Bryce wont have to do much to outshine McCloud and Cain.. Those two were so overhyped its ridiculous.... Deebo. Proved better than both
Oh for one full year with deebo; what I wouldn't give.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #258
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Bryce, you better do your best in school so you can go to Carolina and not end up somewhere like Marshall.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #259
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Bryce, you better do your best in school so you can go to Carolina and not end up somewhere like Marshall.
That was just a safety precaution in case something unexpected happens in school.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #260
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
That was just a safety precaution in case something unexpected happens in school.
I understand that. From both perspectives it would be a massive loss.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote