CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
AndersonCock
Captain9Dragons
sporkgod50
rt3891
thumpin big
FurmanCock
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
gamecockphan
Reddit Repost - Pred (998)
How will South Carol (558)
Jerry Meyers back at (520)
I've got questions a (460)
Somebody got my moms (455)
Gay ski week (346)
Which one of you foo (264)
3 Month Xbox Live Go (123)
247 is a Joke
2019 - Garrett Shrader
I've got questions about
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (M
How will South Carolina h
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Reddit Repost - Predictin
MBB: The long, tough road
**USC Women (14-3) vs. Va

Old 01-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #41
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb
Default Re: Shaw to join Furman Staff

I'm excited for them. They're definitely going to get some good advice and coaching.
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #42
CockNJersey
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Will always wish he would have gotten a legit shot in the NFL, but this is a good way for him to get a foot in the door coaching, learn and see if he has what it takes.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #43
GSC2013
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Responding to several other posts....

He might still be a GA. In FCS the infamous “TE coach” is almost always a GA position. It gives them an actual positon title for resume. In gameplanning and coaching the TE is either coached by the OL coach on run block assignments or the WR coach when hes running routes bc he has to coordinate with those 2 groups. The “TE Coach” is typically the OL coach’s assistant and doesnt work with the TE much when he goes to work routes with recievers because the OC and WR do that. Either way its a great opportunity for Shaw. The coaching fraternity isnt easy to get into, and they usually make you do the GA thing to get your foot in the door. Its simply unbelievable how much behind the scenes work there is to a football program and GAs are the “gophers” who pay their dues doing the grunt work.

If Clemson offered....he’d be insane not to take it. Coaches at all levels do it for decades dreaming of a major FBS job. Hes a coach now. USC may be in his heart but heart dont pay the bills, checks do, and you go where they’ll write you a check.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #44
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

CockyCash: 5187
tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Responding to several other posts....

He might still be a GA. In FCS the infamous “TE coach” is almost always a GA position. It gives them an actual positon title for resume. In gameplanning and coaching the TE is either coached by the OL coach on run block assignments or the WR coach when hes running routes bc he has to coordinate with those 2 groups. The “TE Coach” is typically the OL coach’s assistant and doesnt work with the TE much when he goes to work routes with recievers because the OC and WR do that. Either way its a great opportunity for Shaw. The coaching fraternity isnt easy to get into, and they usually make you do the GA thing to get your foot in the door. Its simply unbelievable how much behind the scenes work there is to a football program and GAs are the “gophers” who pay their dues doing the grunt work.

If Clemson offered....he’d be insane not to take it. Coaches at all levels do it for decades dreaming of a major FBS job. Hes a coach now. USC may be in his heart but heart dont pay the bills, checks do, and you go where they’ll write you a check.
Damn straight. A power 5 school looks damn good on a resume.
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #45
scfanz
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Congratulations for the Shaw family. Great move by Furman.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #46
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

If Connor is even half as good of a coach as he was a player and a man, then Furman just
got a Great Coach on their staff.

I grew up watching Furman play football at the old Sirren Stadium in Greenville. And a lot
of their Basketball games that were played mainly in the old Greenville Memorial Auditorium.
I loved that program and the success they had back in the late 60s, and through the 70s and
80s. Some School decisions eventually caused the Athletics Department to cease being the
Div 1 AA power it used to be, but I'll always have a place in my heart and soul for Furman Athletics.

The fact that Connor is now a part of that staff, kicking off his coaching career makes me feel very
happy. For Furman, and for Connor as well. The only thing that would make me happier is for
Shaw to eventually end up back here on our Coaching staff.........who knows, with the passing of
time, he might even make his way to the Head Coach of "THE" USC.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #47
PalmettoG27
Kryptonian

Male

CockyCash: 5500
PalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPitPalmettoG27 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
If you don't have the money, I would understand, but not supporting my child's wishes for an education, I don't understand. I grew up in the upstate and I had a lot of friends go to Clemson because it was close to home, or they offered the degree's they wanted to pursue.

Maybe you should rethink that one for your kids sake.

For a child/young adult to even CONSIDER Clemson is a result of horrible parenting! And if a parent supports a decision should be charged with a crime!

:D
PalmettoG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #48
scoopd
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scoopd has hatched from the shell

Name:  connor shaw and jessica.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  72.1 KB Name:  connor shaw autograph.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  77.2 KB picture of Connor and my daughter at Tommy's Ham House and she got me an autograph
scoopd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #49
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

hopefully we dont play Furman anytime soon.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote