CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Flameout12
thumpin big
Cockfather
kingofnerf
21-in-Right
Ace Dilcock
GAMEKEM
RedneckCPA
USCBASEBALL1
Bowen declares for N (1783)
Frank and Ray Need t (386)
Capt. Tammie Jo Shul (370)
Expect Todd McNair’s (354)
CARD SERVICES INTERE (236)
WBB Transfers
Bowen declares for NBA dr
Chris Silva
2019 - DJ Burns
2019 - Derek Boykins
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
Frank and Ray Need to Be
2018 - T J Moss
*** Softball 2018 season

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #681
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 MBB Zion Williamson (SC)

Play for Frank Martin or Brad “Hotseat” Brownell? Seems like an easy choice, but you know how Clem$on doe$.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #682
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Play for Frank Martin or Brad “Hotseat” Brownell? Seems like an easy choice, but you know how Clem$on doe$.
Granted Brownell hasn't done much if anything at Clemson, they could make it into the tournament this year.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #683
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I'll believe we land him when he signs on the dotted line, that said I know getting Bowen definitely helped our chances I just think there was way too much ground to make up.
If he picks Clempson, it’s only because of the family connection and he’s only playing for 1 year.

I don’t know if we’ll get Zion, but I think we’ll get at least 1 highly rated player because of Bowen.

Last edited by Three and Out; 01-13-2018 at 06:40 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #684
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Are you sober.

If he picks Clempson, it’s only because of the family connection and he’s only playing for 1 year.

I don’t know if we’ll get Zion, but I think we’ll get at least 1 highly rated player because of Bowen.
What did I say that doesn't sound sober? I'm saying I don't believe we get him but even with Bowen coming helping our chances since it would give him a chance to play next to another to notch player. I'd love to have Zion, even for 1 year. Could you imagine Zion, Bowen, and a senior Silva as the nucleus of a team? That said I think Clemson has too much of a lead for us to catch them even with landing Bowen, part of that has to do with the family connection to Clemson.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #685
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
Granted Brownell hasn't done much if anything at Clemson, they could make it into the tournament this year.
And when they don’t...
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #686
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 5465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
... part of that has to do with the family connection to Clemson.
And New$pring
Old 01-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #687
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 93200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Am i the only one thats not gonna be heartbroken if this kid chooses somewhere else?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #688
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Am i the only one thats not gonna be heartbroken if this kid chooses somewhere else?
I just can't stop imagining Silva and Williamson punishing the rims together in the low post but I'm with you he's Clemson bound Frank tried hard but he's an upstate guy I guess
Old 01-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #689
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 93200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
I just can't stop imagining Silva and Williamson punishing the rims together in the low post but I'm with you he's Clemson bound Frank tried hard but he's an upstate guy I guess
Honestly though, does anyone really know how good he is, other than his dunking highlights? Does he play defense or does he make a living beating up on preppy little white kids in private schools?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #690
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Honestly though, does anyone really know how good he is, other than his dunking highlights? Does he play defense or does he make a living beating up on preppy little white kids in private schools?
This has always been my thought. He’s an athletic freak who is much bigger and more athletic than anyone he has ever gone against. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him shoot the ball, just drive and dunk.

I still think it would be fun to get him but a player like Bowen is going to have a much bigger impact to a team.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #691
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit

That's a good point but he's put on shows in national tournaments I guess we'll find out next year.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #692
HiltonHeadCOck
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 148200000
HiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talons

He was just on ESPN playing a team from California that had a 5 star player. He went for 37 points and had about 5 plays that might make ESPN top 10. The kid is awesome. Better ball handler than anyone on our team. Incredible foot speed down low and excellent explosion to the rim. Great double pumps when he gets airborne near the rim....and can shot the 3 pointer.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #693
HiltonHeadCOck
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 148200000
HiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talonsHiltonHeadCOck has developed his gaff and talons

Forgot to say he is an awesome passer and team player..
Just a program maker!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #694
garnet&black1998rn
Starter

Male

garnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post

Family connection? . Thanks i'll hang up and take answer off air. Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #695
GeoCocky66
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3242
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
Family connection? . Thanks i'll hang up and take answer off air. Thanks again.
Well, his stepdad played basketball at Clemson so I think that counts.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #696
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

On Saturday following a game on the opening day of the Hoophall Classic, Williamson spoke talked about his impending decision. Among the things reiterated was his final list of suitors is at six – Clemson, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Williamson said Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina were in to visit him within the last week.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #697
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
On Saturday following a game on the opening day of the Hoophall Classic, Williamson spoke talked about his impending decision. Among the things reiterated was his final list of suitors is at six – Clemson, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Williamson said Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina were in to visit him within the last week.
I read somewhere that Clemson has been working him harder than SC. I find that hard to believe. I think Frank has worked him as hard or harder than anyone else.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #698
Aekkaa
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I read somewhere that Clemson has been working him harder than SC. I find that hard to believe. I think Frank has worked him as hard or harder than anyone else.
So says John Whittle. Pretty credible
Old 01-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #699
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
Frank recruits hard but will not suck up to a recruit or focus on a recruit at the exclusion of others.

Brownell needs to do something this year and he needs to land Zion. He has been on thin ice and would be gone already if Clemson was not a football school. Getting to the tournament this year and landing Zion would buy him a few more years.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #700
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
I feel the same as you.

Mainly because one-and-dones don't work out here because Frank expects them to play defense.

An SEC opponent would double-up on him pretty quick and neutralize him if he didn't play defense.

One-and-done players don't play defense that much.