CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
dreammachine
Lancelot
Three and Out
Ace Dilcock
thekob
rt3891
GregoryHouse
Gamecock Receivers (765)
We Can Beat Them (568)
Great Article on Coa (341)
College football pod (200)
For the Drag Racing (74)
Great Article on Coach Mu
Gamecock Receivers
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
SEC Media Days
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
We Can Beat Them
Traeger Grill - Prime Day
Danny Sheridan: No way U
Can Carolina and Tennesse
College football podcast?

Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 AM   #21
sammyspurs07
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
sammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPitsammyspurs07 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Outback Bowl Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lant View Post
My biggest thought was how UM's defense went from being cocky little punks to acting like whipped puppy dogs by the end of the game.
If Bentley begins starting games as well as he finishes them he could be a force to be reckoned with. In the last quarter and a half he put up 200 yards, and two TDs against the "best pass defense in the nation."
sammyspurs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #22
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I just liked the fact that we saw offensive adjustments after halftime.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #23
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

UM watched tape on the Clemson game and knew they needed to get to Bentley early and get him rattled and from there the route was on. Which as we saw from the first half that plan was working. They did get to him early. They did taunt him. They did intimidate him.

But whoever talked to him after the half must have gotten through because he was a completely different quarterback in the second half. The entire team was different and even the defense turned it up a notch. Hats off to every coach on staff because that team played night and day while Michigan had no response.

Just goes to show we have a very special group of coaches and I'm glad we were able to keep every one of them for the second year in a row.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #24
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 7800
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
UM watched tape on the Clemson game and knew they needed to get to Bentley early and get him rattled and from there the route was on. Which as we saw from the first half that plan was working. They did get to him early. They did taunt him. They did intimidate him.

But whoever talked to him after the half must have gotten through because he was a completely different quarterback in the second half. The entire team was different and even the defense turned it up a notch. Hats off to every coach on staff because that team played night and day while Michigan had no response.

Just goes to show we have a very special group of coaches and I'm glad we were able to keep every one of them for the second year in a row.
ON TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #25
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Me too, now make it in the first quarter from now on.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #26
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 57416
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Not sure what it is about us going to Tampa, but when I went to the Outback (2000 I think), it wasn't chilly, it was downright cold that game.
Yeah it was.... and it was an 11:00am start that day... sooooo cold
Old 01-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #27
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Me too, now make it in the first quarter from now on.
Teams switch defenses all the time, so you can never know what they’re going to run. Early in the 2017 season, the teams we played, ran defenses other than what they had done in the prior games, and frankly, we didn’t adjust well to those defenses.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #28
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post

They came out with some adjustments and you could see a difference right away, but it didn't translate into good execution until we got a couple of breaks and better field position. This team played like the team that came from behind to beat #5 Mizzo at their place a few years ago.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #29
Lant
Pretty Fly Old Guy

Male

CockyCash: 323529
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
They came out with some adjustments and you could see a difference right away, but it didn't translate into good execution until we got a couple of breaks and better field position. This team played like the team that came from behind to beat #5 Mizzo at their place a few years ago.
That they did. It was like it was 2 totally different teams out there
Lant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #30
U-S-C till i D-I-E
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
U-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPitU-S-C till i D-I-E rules the CockPit

I think halftime adjustments were one of the things that helped BMac get the job. A lot of coaches are good at game planning and preparation and x's and o's. But making adjustments and going away from a plan and doing what you have to do is a big part of being an ok coach or a really good coach.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #31
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 7800
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-S-C till i D-I-E View Post
I think halftime adjustments were one of the things that helped BMac get the job. A lot of coaches are good at game planning and preparation and x's and o's. But making adjustments and going away from a plan and doing what you have to do is a big part of being an ok coach or a really good coach.
ON TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #32
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-S-C till i D-I-E View Post
We seemed to find a weakness in the UM defense and kept working it for nice gains. The play calling had a purpose. That had to be McClendon - with some input from Bentley I would think.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #33
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 11000
gamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yes, a refreshing change for sure!
Old 01-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #34
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 6000
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockhub View Post
Yes, a refreshing change for sure!
I dunno...I sort of missed the "keep doing the same stuff that isn't working and eventually it will work" approach....