CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
Three and Out
Ace Dilcock
LegalCock
Master Bedroom
eightohhthree
PFW79
Blitzkrieg
TaySC
smoovecock
How is Jam Williams? (960)
Big day at the LBC h (357)
Sleep Well Tonight (319)
Aretha Franklin, the (231)
NCAA tournament run. (165)
just bought some pre (157)
Video review challen (105)
2 Clemson tickets fo (19)
2019 Commitment - DJ Dani
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
USC vs Coastal: Odds CCU
2019 - JR Walker
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Sleep Well Tonight
Official 2018 Atlanta Bra
NCAAF: COASTAL CAROLINA @
Grilling Chicken Tonight
Surprised no one is talki

Old 01-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #41
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Zacch Pickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Now that you cleared things up, no need for us to follow him😂😂😂😂
we lead
Three and Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #42
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Still a very long way to go with the 2019 class (we still really aren't through with the 2018 one yet), and as we all should have well learned with this current one, leading has very little to do with getting.

Should just watch the staff go to work, hope a winning season helps our cause, and hope it all comes together by the signing periods. We were once supposedly in excellent shape with several quality 2018 prospects that now we don't reference much anymore. Some good wisdom there.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #43
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
we lead
Thanks.. Never understand why taters have to here with their nonsense
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:11 PM   #44
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Thanks.. Never understand why taters have to here with their nonsense
Yeah all one has to do is look at their depth chart to figure it out. Good luck with any early playing time in Clemson for awhile.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #45
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 27247
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...nty-residence/

Quote:
DE Zacch Pickens (6-5 270) of TL Hanna lives just across the county line from Pickens County so Clemson is an obvious potential college destination for him. But Pickens said he also grew up a USC fan. In fact, he said in his younger years, he always rooted for the Gamecocks when they played the Tigers.
Pickens was at USC’s junior day last month and his focus was more on the books than football.
“The visit was more about education,” Pickens said. “I’m real big on education and so is my mom. With Coach Muschamp we just sat there and we didn’t talk football, we talked about life after football is over.”
But of course, there was plenty of time for football talk between PIckens and the Gamecock coaches.
“They were saying that they want to build around me because I’ll be a big part of it if I go there. They said I’d be playing my same position. They are all good feelings for them because they are a really good football team and a really good program.”
Pickens visited Clemson last season for practices and for games. He also got the chance to sit down with Dabo Swinney and the defensive coaches.
“They said I’d probably be a big part of their defensive line and they would try me at different places to see where I fit in,” he said. “But I like the idea of playing outside. Coach Swinney and the coaches are all real nice and they get real excited when they see me.”
Pickens said he will get back to USC and Clemson for spring practices. He also has been to Georgia for a junior day and this Saturday he’s going to Tennessee. Some of his other offers are Florida State, Penn State, Michigan, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, Auburn, Miami, LSU Alabama and Oklahoma.
Don’t look for Pickens at any of the recruiting combines this spring. He said he’s not attending any though he’s got plenty of invites. He also said he is not graduating early and probably won’t sign until February.
Last season Pickens had 72 tackles with 14 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #46
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

LOL what a load of crap from Swinney.

They have like 20 DEs on the roster but he's doing his best sales pitch to Pickens telling him he will be a big part of their d line.

C'mon kids, wake up.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #47
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

They have like 20 DEs on the roster but he's doing his best sales pitch to Pickens telling him he will be a big part of their d line.

C'mon kids, wake up.
I don't know what spin they tell recruits, or if they try to make them feel like the next Clowney and encourage them to beat out their upperclassmen. That DL depth chart is loaded and will be for at least a couple years.
nin_usc_freak92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #48
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
PFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
I don't know what spin they tell recruits, or if they try to make them feel like the next Clowney and encourage them to beat out their upperclassmen. That DL depth chart is loaded and will be for at least a couple years.
Clowney didn't start as a freshman
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #49
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFW79 View Post
Clowney didn't start as a freshman
Nor was he recruited one class behind a class that brought in three 5* DL in addition to all of the other DEs on the team.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #50
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nor was he recruited one class behind a class that brought in three 5* DL in addition to all of the other DEs on the team.
clemson will claim they have the best d-line and the thinnest d-line in the country at the same time, depending on who they are talking to (recruits or media)
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #51
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

C'mon kids, wake up.
They will move him inside and he knows it. I think we get him. He is a better Prospect than Wynn that signed with Bama. I have watched these two kids - Pickens and Wynn - play since Middle School and Pickens was always the better of the two tho I liked Wynn as well. Pickens always had more of the motor as compared to Wynn. I personally think he is every bit the prospect XT was and is that type of high level athlete without the shenanigans. Would be a huge pickup and certainly would be a huge statement. One thing I like is this kid is very grounded and not a diva.
USCBASEBALL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #52
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

C'mon kids, wake up.
He knows it. The kid is sharp and I do not think Coaches speak will work on him.
USCBASEBALL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #53
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

PFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his comb

Quote:
Agreed, which should give recruits an idea that it is foolish to expect to start on the DL as a true freshman, even if you are an elite talent. Clowney sat behind 2 solid DE's on an 11-win team, but he still got rotated in enough to tally 8 sacks on the season.

Vic Beasley had 8 sacks as a backup Soph, before starting and going to the NFL.

Shaq Lawson had 4 sacks and 9.5 TFL as a backup freshman, and 3.5 sacks and 11.5 TFL as a backup sophomore, before starting and going to the NFL

Clemson will lose 5 DL after 2018 (Lawrence, Wilkins, Bryant, Ferrell, Huggins). It will be a free-for-all for 2019 recruits and will be easy to offer early spots in the 2-deep

No DE should realistically expect to be a starter from Day 1, especially when going to a school that is historically stacked on the DL. That being said, Henry and Thomas will both play >15 snaps/game this year before being the favorites to be starters in 2019, and I'm sure Pickens would get similar playing time in 2019 if he is the real deal.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #54
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

If you grow up in that area and pull for The Gamecocks over Clemson, then The Gamecocks will be in the driver's seat.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #55
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Guarantee hes a Tater. Hes s big time prospect and Venables will get him. But I also guaranteed Zion to Clemson so who knows? Booms gotta stay in his ear though. They were playing Tiger Rag when I went in the gas station yesterday so everyone is brainwashed up here.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:53 PM   #56
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Guarantee hes a Tater. Hes s big time prospect and Venables will get him. But I also guaranteed Zion to Clemson so who knows? Booms gotta stay in his ear though. They were playing Tiger Rag when I went in the gas station yesterday so everyone is brainwashed up here.
Always negative. As of now if he stays instate he's a Gamecock. Things can obviously change, it is recruiting after all, but we're in good shape here.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #57
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFW79 View Post
Agreed, which should give recruits an idea that it is foolish to expect to start on the DL as a true freshman, even if you are an elite talent. Clowney sat behind 2 solid DE's on an 11-win team, but he still got rotated in enough to tally 8 sacks on the season.

Vic Beasley had 8 sacks as a backup Soph, before starting and going to the NFL.

Shaq Lawson had 4 sacks and 9.5 TFL as a backup freshman, and 3.5 sacks and 11.5 TFL as a backup sophomore, before starting and going to the NFL

Clemson will lose 5 DL after 2018 (Lawrence, Wilkins, Bryant, Ferrell, Huggins). It will be a free-for-all for 2019 recruits and will be easy to offer early spots in the 2-deep

No DE should realistically expect to be a starter from Day 1, especially when going to a school that is historically stacked on the DL. That being said, Henry and Thomas will both play >15 snaps/game this year before being the favorites to be starters in 2019, and I'm sure Pickens would get similar playing time in 2019 if he is the real deal.
Clemson brought in 3 4* DEs last year and also has 4*/Top 100 Xavier Kelly, who will be a RS Junior and will finally get a chance to start in 2019. One of the 2017 DEs has already been moved inside, which is the same thing that will happen to Wynn.

Because Clemson has three DEs in this year's class, two 5* and the third a Top 100 guy. That gives them a three deep of highly touted veterans (two 5* and 4 4*) when Pickens gets to campus.

And you are saying that he will slide right into the rotation as a Freshman? Riiiiight.

On the other hand, there are a lot less bodies and a lot less stars at DT after this year. Belk is the biggest name of the bunch. Pickens will go on the Porkbutt Crowder diet and get moved to DT as a RS Freshman.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #58
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Clemson brought in 3 4* DEs last year and also has 4*/Top 100 Xavier Kelly, who will be a RS Junior and will finally get a chance to start in 2019. One of the 2017 DEs has already been moved inside, which is the same thing that will happen to Wynn.

Because Clemson has three DEs in this year's class, two 5* and the third a Top 100 guy. That gives them a three deep of highly touted veterans (two 5* and 4 4*) when Pickens gets to campus.

And you are saying that he will slide right into the rotation as a Freshman? Riiiiight.

On the other hand, there are a lot less bodies and a lot less stars at DT after this year. Belk is the biggest name of the bunch. Pickens will go on the Porkbutt Crowder diet and get moved to DT as a RS Freshman.
I was wrong before, Clemson is actually losing 8 scholarship DL after 2018 (Jabril Robinson, Richard Yeargin, & Chris Register), but you're right there should be 5 scholarship 4*/5* DE on campus in 2019 assuming zero attrition in the next 18 months.

Is a 4* DL considered "highly touted" anymore? Serious question. I think every player on the DL should be a top 200 player, especially if you're going to be competing for titles. Every DL recruit for Clemson will be competing against 4*/5* DL for playing time, and I'm pretty sure that is known during the recruiting process.

Dexter Lawrence started over 4* Soph Huggins and 4* Jr Pagano as a true freshman.

Christian Wilkins was a backup DT his freshman year (started 1 game), but he accumulated 453 snaps in 15 games that year (30/game) as they cycled him in regularly.

Lawrence and Wilkins weren't starting over future NFL superstars, but they were 4* guys too. So I think it's clear that elite talents can earn their fair share of early PT if they are worth it.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #59
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit

He would be a huge get!! Add Crouch to that class along with the commits already, things are looking good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #60
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Always negative. As of now if he stays instate he's a Gamecock. Things can obviously change, it is recruiting after all, but we're in good shape here.
Not Negative Im realistic Clemson gets whoever they want and weve already discussed why. People thought that other DE would come but he committed and never looked back. Pickens probably has people in his ear now. We wont beat Clemson for another 4 years because they get whoever they want and they always want the top prospects.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote