CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockphan
Captain9Dragons
CockTail
TastyLicks
MWard
Blackland
Master Bedroom
TaySC
Flameout12
rt3891
RingBrothers Dub Jav (327)
College footballís t (241)
Clev Browns - Bud Li (145)
Richard Rawlings of (96)
Solid
Clev Browns - Bud Light V
2019 - JR Walker
2018-19 MBB Schedule - Na
107.5 is terrible
Does anyone else miss our
2019 - Jakai Moore
Is Urban Meyer in Trouble
Secondary Depth Chart
Ole Miss unveils its Land

Old 02-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #81
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Zacch Pickens

Clemson will most definitely be a factor. History tells us this.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #82
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
247 is saying 50/50 with Tiger$ right now, not sure when the CB’s were made.
And Clemson, UGA, and USC insiders all agree that it's a USC/UGA battle with Clemson trailing at this point. And the last 3 CBs have been for USC, all CBs for Clemson range from June 2016 to October 2017. As of today if he were choosing Clemson would be 3rd on the list, obviously he isn't choosing today though.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #83
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
And Clemson, UGA, and USC insiders all agree that it's a USC/UGA battle with Clemson trailing at this point. And the last 3 CBs have been for USC, all CBs for Clemson range from June 2016 to October 2017. As of today if he were choosing Clemson would be 3rd on the list, obviously he isn't choosing today though.
We thought the same thing about Ross and Dabs stole him from Saban last second, guaranteed Clem$on will be in mix til the end.
rt3891 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #84
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
We thought the same thing about Ross and Dabs stole him from Saban last second, guaranteed Clem$on will be in mix til the end.
I'm not saying they're not in the mix, I'm saying that as of today they are trailing us and UGA and it's not a disputable point. I've followed recruiting long enough to know nothing is ever over until they sign on the dotted line.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #85
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

As much as I hate to say it, Clemson just hasn't turned up the heat yet.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #86
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Exactly. He wants to play end and Dab$ may try to talk him into playing tackle.
rt3891 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 PM   #87
cockyboy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3111
cockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
A five star recruit in their backyard and you think Clemson hasn't full court pressed this guy? we lead simply because he grew up a Carolina fan, but make no mistake Clemson is pursuing him hard.
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #88
CockNJersey
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Pickens and Crouch ARE the 2019 recruiting class. If we miss out on these guys, it will be another class that "meets needs."

These two could be the start of a talent influx like the one we had that led to our 11-2 seasons.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:25 AM   #89
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyboy View Post
A five star recruit in their backyard and you think Clemson hasn't full court pressed this guy? we lead simply because he grew up a Carolina fan, but make no mistake Clemson is pursuing him hard.
Yeah basically this. Dabo has turned up the heat, the difference is Muschamp has had the heat up longer and is recruiting him to play DE not DT.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #90
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Pickens and Crouch ARE the 2019 recruiting class. If we miss out on these guys, it will be another class that "meets needs."

These two could be the start of a talent influx like the one we had that led to our 11-2 seasons.
I know that it's easy to think that before this class is assembled but let's see how it's put together first. We're in on a few guys that would fall under that "talent influx" category not just Pickens and Crouch.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:08 AM   #91
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
They donít have to. Swinney said last week, he doesnít want kids that wonít come to visit. In other words, they come to us, we donít go to them. How can that arrogant bastard get away with that.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #92
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exactly. He wants to play end and Dab$ may try to talk him into playing tackle.
Not true. Dabs will say that he can play end and then talk him into playing DT after he signs. He will do that by having him look at the depth chart - which Dabs should have shown him pre-signing. Except that he is Dabs. Hopefully, Pickens can see that for himself.

Since he is a Signing Day guy, the success of Clemson, UGA and South Carolina will play a big role. Git those mangy fleabags (I assume real Tigers have fleas, I never wanted to get close enough to check).

But Clemson is having incredible luck with DEs. First they have a 5* hometown player fall into their lap (Henry is from Clemmons) and now Dabs can claim that he re-named Clemson County in Pickens' honor.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #93
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post

I don't think this years class was just a class of "meeting needs". We missed on some of the higher names we were going after, but guys like Wonnum, Sandidge, Vann, Horn, Louis, Mukuamu, Thompson if he gets in, Gwyn, and I think we got some steals in Fenwick and Valentine. I even missed some, but those are guys at almost every single position on the field that could step on any roster and compete for a starting job right away.

I mean if you look at the recruiting classes that Spurrier was bringing in during "the run" this class, ranking wise, rivals every single one of them. This coaching staff swung for some Home Runs last year and ended up with a double instead and we have fans that aren't satisfied with that for some reason. 2019 this coaching staff went to the Barry Bonds school of performance enhancement and are swinging to hit the ball out of the park. I believe this time next year Gamecock fans are going to look at the highest ranked recruiting class in our history. I think we'll have a couple of 5*s and all of the critics will be silenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #94
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

We can't let Clemson pull an XT with this kid.

And this is a case where, hopefull, Clemson's recruiting success will work against them. If it doesn't and the kid goes to ride the bench behind a bunch of D-line talent, well then more power to ya' kid.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #95
PFW79
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
PFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his combPFW79 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Not true. Dabs will say that he can play end and then talk him into playing DT after he signs. He will do that by having him look at the depth chart - which Dabs should have shown him pre-signing. Except that he is Dabs. Hopefully, Pickens can see that for himself.

Since he is a Signing Day guy, the success of Clemson, UGA and South Carolina will play a big role. Git those mangy fleabags (I assume real Tigers have fleas, I never wanted to get close enough to check).

But Clemson is having incredible luck with DEs. First they have a 5* hometown player fall into their lap (Henry is from Clemmons) and now Dabs can claim that he re-named Clemson County in Pickens' honor.
I still can't tell if this is a joke or not
PFW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #96
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I don't think this years class was just a class of "meeting needs". We missed on some of the higher names we were going after, but guys like Wonnum, Sandidge, Vann, Horn, Louis, Mukuamu, Thompson if he gets in, Gwyn, and I think we got some steals in Fenwick and Valentine. I even missed some, but those are guys at almost every single position on the field that could step on any roster and compete for a starting job right away.

I mean if you look at the recruiting classes that Spurrier was bringing in during "the run" this class, ranking wise, rivals every single one of them. This coaching staff swung for some Home Runs last year and ended up with a double instead and we have fans that aren't satisfied with that for some reason. 2019 this coaching staff went to the Barry Bonds school of performance enhancement and are swinging to hit the ball out of the park. I believe this time next year Gamecock fans are going to look at the highest ranked recruiting class in our history. I think we'll have a couple of 5*s and all of the critics will be silenced.
It was Muschamp that said he could sell ice to Eskimos. So far he hasn't sold much ice.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #97
appcenter52
Recruit

Male

appcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his comb

Quote:
So according to your sources, Clem$on isnít a factor?
No one around the program/school thinks he's going to Clemson. Of course things can always change, but at this moment he's not headed to Clemson.
appcenter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #98
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
It was Muschamp that said he could sell ice to Eskimos. So far he hasn't sold much ice.
He has, you just let your hatred cloudy your vision.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:10 PM   #99
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
I blame our bagmen (or lack thereof.)

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #100
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudlyThundercocks- Ho! is crowing loudly

Iím glad none of you star chasin fools are I charge of our recruiting. While yíall complain about not winning the popularity contest with the recruiting pay sites Muschamp is doing his own evaluations and filling our team with ATHLETES that have WORK ETHIC and believe in TEAM IDENTITY. They run faster, play harder, and fight til the end better than even some of our best teams in Gamecock history. And the best part... heís just getting started!
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote