CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
BiscoCocky
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
PFW79
Ace Dilcock
GregoryHouse
Order 66
cocknblue
TaySC
Back On the Dating S (606)
18 days (387)
10 Oldest and Newest (304)
New claim from LaVar (304)
Sad day at Casa on t (255)
18 days
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
2018 W/L Prediction - wit
2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (M
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Stephen Davis Jr. leaving
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Where You Get Your Meat F
New claim from LaVar Ball
Where Does Joey Chestnut

Old 03-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #21
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 5465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Number 2 Seed in Albany Regional

Dawn was on ESPN last night and was NOT happy.

Says it's about our fans not being able to drive to any of the sweet 16 games in the last 4 years...and she's right.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #22
BeachGamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
BeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his combBeachGamecock is developing his comb

Technically, thatís not true. Three years ago, our Sweet 16 round was in Greensboro. As for the rest, I understand what coach Staley is saying and I agree with some of it. Some of it, however, is the way it works out. I think every major coach (both men and women) have had recent beefs with seedings, matchups and sites. Geno has had them and apparently has some issues this year, too. We just have to win. And I also donít think thereís an ESPN conspiracy against us and the NCAA is following suit to do what it can to sabotage our program.
BeachGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

eh, i understand what dawn is saying but its just hard when it comes to making everyone happy. i would like to think that we should have been sent to lexington at least once for the sweet sixteen/elite 8 round the last 3 years.

at least we get the first two games at home. many schools cant get that break. the sweet sixteen is in albany where their are a ton of gamecock fans. i dont think this is a big deal.

we just got messed up with the draw to have to play uconn before the final 4. we will just have to do what miss state did to them. not likely but it can happen.

Last edited by sc455; 03-13-2018 at 01:38 PM..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #24
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

I also think we should be a rewarded a bit for leading the country in attendance so many years in a row. Its worth making one of the Texas teams have to travel since we had to go to the west coast so many times as a 1 seed.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #25
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Does seem a bit weird that we've had to travel so far and so much the past few years, but that also means that we're making it deep into the tournament.

And I kind of like being on the same side as UConn. Maybe I'm alone, but I feel like when we won, there was an asterisk to it since we didn't beat UConn that year. I mean, I'll take the trophy, but it would've meant a bit more had we bet Geno and not Miss St.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #26
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Let's be honest... ESPN has been hyping a UCONN/MissSt title game since the season began... The committee figured the best way to protect that is to serve our mighty Gamecocks up to the Huskies... Kick UCONN's ass and they'll end the silliness... They are sure we can't do it.. I know we can...

What would be poetic justice is for both UCONN and Miss St to lose before Ohio... If Texas doesn't screw up early and Karen Aston will miss the bus to the arena, Texas has the players to beat the Bulldogs.. But with Aston coaching Vic Schaefer is in the catbird seat
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #27
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Does seem a bit weird that we've had to travel so far and so much the past few years, but that also means that we're making it deep into the tournament.

And I kind of like being on the same side as UConn. Maybe I'm alone, but I feel like when we won, there was an asterisk to it since we didn't beat UConn that year. I mean, I'll take the trophy, but it would've meant a bit more had we bet Geno and not Miss St.
My friend please, We are reigning National Champion... Screw UCONN.. It's not about them... Don't get brainwashed by all the UCONN and Tenn grads ESPN hires to cover WBB... Who fault it is it they weren't good enough to get there
Old 03-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #28
raptorcox
Insert Witty Custom Title

Male

CockyCash: 200
raptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot materialraptorcox is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to raptorcox

Quote:

Geez

I got an asterisk for you

raptorcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #29
Nuyoika
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Nuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his combNuyoika is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Let's be honest... ESPN has been hyping a UCONN/MissSt title game since the season began... The committee figured the best way to protect that is to serve our mighty Gamecocks up to the Huskies... Kick UCONN's ass and they'll end the silliness... They are sure we can't do it.. I know we can...

What would be poetic justice is for both UCONN and Miss St to lose before Ohio... If Texas doesn't screw up early and Karen Aston will miss the bus to the arena, Texas has the players to beat the Bulldogs.. But with Aston coaching Vic Schaefer is in the catbird seat
With Miss St. being the overall #2 they were always going to be on the opposite side of the bracket as UConn. I am guessing none of you watched the extended version of the selection show where they specifically covered why South Carolina is there they are. Not that it would have mattered. Nothing they explain is going to change anyone's mind and Dawn is going to angry any year she isn't in Lexington and Lexington is an option.

If they do go ahead and decide to go away from 4 regional locations for the S16 and E8 and have everyone just play in Vegas as Antonelli is trying to propose maybe then everyone would be happy. I doubt it but then atleast no one can claim favoritism or corruption or whatever. Until then here is what you have to look forward to: Greensboro N.C. in 2019 & Greenville S.C. in 2020.
Attached Images

Nuyoika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #30
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
You just knew they were going to put us in Albany.
FC, no offense meant but every time I read your signature I am convinced it is one of the dumber things ever said. Was he joking or being serious?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #31
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Y'all can honestly say that winning the title against UConn wouldn't have been sweeter? That's fine, but to me, and I'm just a casual women's basketball fan, it would've meant something. I'm glad the women won and having the title is amazing, but if this team marches through their bracket, beating UConn on the way, and manages to win the title, it'll be more impressive to me.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #32
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2750000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Leghorn: Yes I think that ESPN has a lot of influence on the NCAA, For years they have told them when they could play their contests. the NCAA gets a lot of money from ESPN and they have used this to be able to arrange match ups to their benefit.

As for their being thousands of our fans in New York, I sincerely hope that you are correct. And they they show up to root the Gamecocks to victory.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #33
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Y'all can honestly say that winning the title against UConn wouldn't have been sweeter? That's fine, but to me, and I'm just a casual women's basketball fan, it would've meant something. I'm glad the women won and having the title is amazing, but if this team marches through their bracket, beating UConn on the way, and manages to win the title, it'll be more impressive to me.
It meant something to me. We also had to do it with Alaina Coates out.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #34
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2750000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Leghorn: Yes I think that ESPN has a lot of influence on the NCAA. For years, they have told the NCAA when they could play their games. They have created a lot of money for the NCAA and use that to influence the match ups that are to their benefit.

As to the number of our fans in New York, I hope you are correct, and that they show up and root the Gamecocks to victory
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #35
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
FC, no offense meant but every time I read your signature I am convinced it is one of the dumber things ever said. Was he joking or being serious?
It was a fake newspaper article written in the 80's that has since become sort of cult famous. Mookie himself even jokes around about it now.
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/heres-the-f...ke/c-232173092
Old 03-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #36
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyoika View Post
With Miss St. being the overall #2 they were always going to be on the opposite side of the bracket as UConn. I am guessing none of you watched the extended version of the selection show where they specifically covered why South Carolina is there they are. Not that it would have mattered. Nothing they explain is going to change anyone's mind and Dawn is going to angry any year she isn't in Lexington and Lexington is an option.

If they do go ahead and decide to go away from 4 regional locations for the S16 and E8 and have everyone just play in Vegas as Antonelli is trying to propose maybe then everyone would be happy. I doubt it but then atleast no one can claim favoritism or corruption or whatever. Until then here is what you have to look forward to: Greensboro N.C. in 2019 & Greenville S.C. in 2020.
I also watched this and I thought they did a good job explaining why which teams went where.

UConn had no problem spanking us in front of a hostile sell-out crowd at the CLA this year and in years past. They weren't our only loss this year and we're a 2-seed based on our record, which is not a personality contest.

It's true we are the reigning NC this year, but our record says we are a 2-seed instead of a 1.

Dawn's complaining doesn't bother me, though, because it's the same as getting in a ref's ear during a game. She's just trying to get us in a better position to win is all and I am okay with that.

But I also think she can be perceived as looking for a greater chance of someone else beating UConn instead of us having to try to, which I think is a bad look for us.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #37
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyoika View Post

I see your point.. The real mystery is why was Baylor not a 1 seed? That's what created the issue with where to send the 2s.. Also the rationale they used to send Oregon to Spokane is the exact opposite of how they justified not sending South Carolina to Lexington 2 years ago... Dawn never forgets.. She hears the double talk and convoluted bs... She knows the committee is full of it..
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #38
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
I also watched this and I thought they did a good job explaining why which teams went where.

UConn had no problem spanking us in front of a hostile sell-out crowd at the CLA this year and in years past. They weren't our only loss this year and we're a 2-seed based on our record, which is not a personality contest.

It's true we are the reigning NC this year, but our record says we are a 2-seed instead of a 1.

Dawn's complaining doesn't bother me, though, because it's the same as getting in a ref's ear during a game. She's just trying to get us in a better position to win is all and I am okay with that.

But I also think she can be perceived as looking for a greater chance of someone else beating UConn instead of us having to try to, which I think is a bad look for us.
Your last statement is ridiculous... Every hoops fan with an IQ above 70 knows how competitive Coach Staley is... You don't schedule UCONN each year because you fear them... Coach Staley, Geno and Muffett McGraw load up the schedule every year.

Dawns sick of our fans getting the short end each year with this amorphous rational... Its about the fans.. She has no issues with facing the Huskies...
Old 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #39
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

You have to beat the best to be the best. Our road to a national championship will only get easier if we slip by UConn earlier. With that being said I'm worried about our lack of depth if had Spann or Cooper (F the NCAA) we might have a pretty good shot but unless Wilson plays the game of her entire basketball career (40 points, 20 rebounds) I don't think we have a shot. A'ja should bring the ball up the floor against Uconn and drive it in to the paint similar to what Kotsar does for MBB. Here's to hoping!
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #40
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I see your point.. The real mystery is why was Baylor not a 1 seed? That's what created the issue with where to send the 2s.. Also the rationale they used to send Oregon to Spokane is the exact opposite of how they justified not sending South Carolina to Lexington 2 years ago... Dawn never forgets.. She hears the double talk and convoluted bs... She knows the committee is full of it..
We are playing the first two rounds at the CLA.

NC A&T won't be a problem, but both CAL and UVA are capable of beating this team if A'ja gets limited minutes because of the vertigo or if she gets in early foul trouble.

All of this is a moot point if that happens.