CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
rt3891
carolina_corpsman
GregoryHouse
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
pitchcock
El Chick Sid
Spur's Addiction
Great Article on Coa (983)
College football pod (323)
The Open (290)
For the Drag Racing (164)
Great College Footba (130)
2019 - Jammie Robinson
TD to Shi
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
why no mention of Garcia
We Can Beat Them
Selling 4 Tickets for Eve
Great Article on Coach Mu
The Open

Old 02-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #21
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 0
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina2010 View Post
I entered the lottery and got 2 tickets for sunday. Just received them in the mail today. Torn on going for the experience or selling them for 15x what I paid for them has been weighing on me for a while now. Anybody been on Sunday and is it that much better than a Wednesday practice round which I've been to twice before? I think I'm leaning towards going because the odds I ever get Sunday tickets again in my life are very slim but an easy 3000$ to put away in the bank sounds good or take a vacation this summer with the family.
Don't sell. Go. BTW, since the lottery has grown it has been 15 years since I got tickets. In the lat 90s when it started, I got tickets every year...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #22
willyb's hotdogs#1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2700
willyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPitwillyb's hotdogs#1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Better than the start of college football or the first week of March Madness? Maybe a great live experience but I'd take a night in Williams-Brice over a day in Augusta.
Its amazing. I was lucky enough that my grandfather had 2 tickets every year for the entire tournament for everyone in the family to take turns with, even more lucky than that, my dadís birthday is april 12, so he always got to take me for his birthday. I will cherish those memories more than any in Williams Brice, even tho Iím usually with dad there too! both have special places in my heart but the national takes the cake imo. Itís such a special place, just thinking about that first morning egg salad sandwich makes me giddy for MASTERS WEEK!!!!

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #23
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina2010 View Post
I entered the lottery and got 2 tickets for sunday. Just received them in the mail today. Torn on going for the experience or selling them for 15x what I paid for them has been weighing on me for a while now. Anybody been on Sunday and is it that much better than a Wednesday practice round which I've been to twice before? I think I'm leaning towards going because the odds I ever get Sunday tickets again in my life are very slim but an easy 3000$ to put away in the bank sounds good or take a vacation this summer with the family.
Lucky dog, I have been entering every year since forever, haven't gotten so much as a practice round.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #24
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 17185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Lucky dog, I have been entering every year since forever, haven't gotten so much as a practice round.
Same here.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #25
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I used to go a lot and mostly got my tickets on the street during practice rounds. Some folks would leave early on practice rounds and just basically give you the tickets. That probably doesnt happen anymore.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #26
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1808785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Since I live in this area I used to go a lot. Back when there were corporate tax deductions the company I worked for used to get enough tickets from salesmen for everyone in management who wanted to go.
But the laws changed, I switched companies, and I no longer play golf so I'd rather get out of town for the week-end which is what we usually do.
If you've never been to the regular tournament, you should go. Sell them if there is ever a next time.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #27
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I remember when the Augusta National use to give tickets away to local businesses to get enough people to show up. Even local people could get the 4 day Series Passes and pass them down to family members, but the Augusta National changed that law many years ago as THEY don't want local people attending the Masters anymore and prefer out of town folks. Most people get out of town and even though it is an outstanding event for local business people as they can make a ton of money that week, I personally think for the vast majority of people in the CSRA they would love to see the Masters move to another town as they don't want our support anymore.

If you have tickets, I would sell them. If you have never been there before, you owe it to yourself to go once in your life. The best way to watch the Masters Golf Tournament is in front of your own TV set at home.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #28
burr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his comb

and the $$ for a badge has risen since last weekend, I would s'pose.
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #29
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I will be there on Monday (weather permitting). I doubt I will get to see too many of the big names but I am excited to return to that course
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #30
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I will be there on Monday (weather permitting). I doubt I will get to see too many of the big names but I am excited to return to that course
..When was your last visit made??
Old 03-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #31
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 94172
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

With Tigers Sunday this past weekend performance the average ticket for Augusta increased 500$ per espn. I was offered 3000$ for the pair yesterday and turned it down. Any higher than that and I might have to consider it. The chance to see Tiger in his Sunday red making a charge would be epic to hear the echos from amen corner.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #32
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
..When was your last visit made??
Hmm...I think that it was 5 years ago b/c I remeber there was a flag inserted into the ground where Bubba hit that hooked wedge from the pine straw right on 10 and I looked at it and was even more amazed at that shot
Old 03-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #33
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

my masters story. went to a tuesday practice round in the early 90s when i was 23. my brother overheard brad faxon talking to davis love about meeting him on the par 3 course. i didnt even know they had one. anyways, it is well hidden behind tall hedges at the first tee box.

we saw them go through an opening and we waited a few minutes and followed. they were the only two on the course. davis loves' wife and small kids were just tagging along.

we walked with them for 9 holes. it was fun because we knew there were thousands just 50 yards away but we were the only two back there. they didnt talk to us, at the same time they didnt even care we were there.

what really struck me was the way the guys werent happy unless it was a hole in one..seriously, whats a birdie on a par 3 to those guys? they would hit it within 2 feet and be irritated.

Brad gave us golf balls and we went on our own.

Last edited by sc455; 03-13-2018 at 06:02 PM..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #34
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
my masters story. went to a tuesday practice round in the early 90s when i was 22. my brother overheard brad faxon talking to davis love about meeting him on the par 3 course. i didnt even know they had one..lol anyways, it is well hidden behind tall hedges at the first tee box.

we saw them go through an opening and we waited a few minutes and followed. they were the only two on the course. davis loves' wife and small kids were just tagging along.

we walked with them for 9 holes. it was fun because we knew there were thousands just 50 yards away but we were the only two back there. they didnt talk to us, at the same time they didnt even care we were there.

what really struck me was the way the guys werent happy unless it was a hole in one..seriously, whats a birdie on a par 3 to those guys. they would hit it within 2 feet and be irritated.
that is an awesome story...I have met Brad a few times through Furman Alumni functions and he is a great dude and from with I know of DL3, I am surprised they didn't talk to you
Old 03-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #35
GamecockTilIdie
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot material

I'll be going to the Monday practice round. It will be my first time there and I'm extremely excited. For all of you guys that have been a few times, any tips I should be aware of?
GamecockTilIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #36
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
I'll be going to the Monday practice round. It will be my first time there and I'm extremely excited. For all of you guys that have been a few times, any tips I should be aware of?
Get there early, wear comfortable shoes. Walk the entire course. Get a good seat on 16 to watch them skip the ball over the water. Wear comfortable shoes. Try the egg salad samich.

Get souvenirs on the way out.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #37
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Get there early, wear comfortable shoes. Walk the entire course. Get a good seat on 16 to watch them skip the ball over the water. Wear comfortable shoes. Try the egg salad samich.

Get souvenirs on the way out.
I'd walk the course one time through, from 1 tee to 18 green, when you first get there. THEN you can go back to certain holes as you wish. And then walk the entire course, 1 tee to 18 green, again before you leave.

Don't be surprised by how "hilly" it is. You'll get plenty of leg work for the week, so you won't have to worry about getting in a "leg day" at the gym the rest of the week.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #38
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
Never, ever shout "in the hole". Sheesh.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #39
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I'd walk the course one time through, from 1 tee to 18 green, when you first get there. THEN you can go back to certain holes as you wish. And then walk the entire course, 1 tee to 18 green, again before you leave.

Don't be surprised by how "hilly" it is. You'll get plenty of leg work for the week, so you won't have to worry about getting in a "leg day" at the gym the rest of the week.
This is what I've done in the past. Also make sure to check out the Par 3 course. Some of the prettiest holes in golf are on the Par 3 course.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #40
StratoCockster
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
StratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudlyStratoCockster is crowing loudly

Walk down the 18th fairway, down the 17th fairway, find a seat on 16, drink $2 beers all day.....
StratoCockster is offline   Reply With Quote