CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
CockyLifer
Flameout12
Blitzkrieg
TaySC
PFW79
Cocky2001
womfalcs3
ba55nec4r
Order 66
Game time vs Tenness (698)
What Really Drags th (603)
The Marshall Game (441)
hard credit inquiry. (261)
Breakfast... The mos (226)
Upgraded Nicely (207)
30 injured at floor (185)
2 ticket for Tenness (6)
The difference in our 5 s
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2020 Commitment - Luke Do
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Zion Williamson pay to pl
Game time vs Tennessee
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2019 - Christian Brown
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:06 PM   #21
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (MBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Why the hell would we just now be offering? That's the problem with our coaching staff, they wait forever to offer and by that time kids have already decided on somewhere else
Just because we offered in January, doesn't mean we weren't recruiting him before that.

We got a CB for him before we even made an official offer.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #22
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
This 247Sports article dates back to December, but Gary stated in it then that UConn is recruiting him the hardest....

https://247sports.com/Article/UConn-...rest-112747065

The article also states Duke is also showing interest. Apparently, Kentucky coaches visited him Monday ahead of the team getting into Columbia, and later today UConn will be in again to see him......
I guess it was a good thing that Ollie got fired at UConn, as they appeared to have some solid momentum with Gary. It had to help our own position with him, as long as our staff continues to recruit him hard. It's also good perhaps that he's a quiet kid, as it may mean he wouldn't want to venture too far away from home....
Old 04-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #23
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I guess it was a good thing that Ollie got fired at UConn, as they appeared to have some solid momentum with Gary. It had to help our own position with him, as long as our staff continues to recruit him hard. It's also good perhaps that he's a quiet kid, as it may mean he wouldn't want to venture too far away from home....
This is one kid FM cannot afford to lose. If we do not get Gary that is going to be a huge red flag for our program moving forward.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 AM   #24
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
This is one kid FM cannot afford to lose. If we do not get Gary that is going to be a huge red flag for our program moving forward.
all 5 CB are to Carolina

getting Josiah James with Gary would be huge
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #25
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 50000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Top 5

Old 05-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #26
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

I saw on twitter that he will announce his decision where to play college basketball on June 15th.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #27
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I saw on twitter that he will announce his decision where to play college basketball on June 15th.
I heard he will announce on his birthday.. Isn't that Nov.15
Old 05-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #28
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I heard he will announce on his birthday.. Isn't that Nov.15
The State paper is now reporting Nov. 15th. I guess we will see which one is right.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #29
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

This kid is a good player. We need him at SC. I personally think he is a little underrated.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
The State paper is now reporting Nov. 15th. I guess we will see which one is right.
The State is always wrong. Carey Rich said today he is announcing on June 15.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #31
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

If this is the way we are recruiting Gary, I don't like our chances.

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...its-this-week/
Old 06-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #32
Lancelot
Banned

Male

Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Quote:

It's a risky recruiting strategy for sure.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #33
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:

I wish Frank would recruit like Muschamp. All out, man to man press. But I guess that's not his style.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #34
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I wish Frank would recruit like Muschamp. All out, man to man press. But I guess that's not his style.
Don't worry, Frank will find an unknown 2 star that will transfer after his freshman year. Trust the process.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #35
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I just hope he doesn't strike out with the 2019 class. I don't think he will but if he gets only one I will be disappointed. Get 2 of them and it will be a successful year. Get 3 (not likely) and I think we can all sit back and relax.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #36
Feathers
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
All out aggressive recruiting is a proven method that works. He needs to make it his style.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #37
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:

The classic--recruiting by not contacting the recruit. The best way to land top talent is to just not call them for a month and let them know how little you actually think of them.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #38
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Gary is saying he has not heard from anyone from SC in weeks yet FM is tweeting himself sitting on a beach with his legs propped up. Now I certainly understand everyone needs a vacation but IF this is true that Gary has not heard from SC in weeks then thats very unacceptable imo. Anyhow hopefully PK is not accurate on this.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #39
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Frank is hands down the best X and Os guy since McGuire but his lack of effort on the recruiting trail is infuriating. He needs to dump old man Perry Clark and hire a young assistant who’s eager to make a name for himself and knows how to connect with players.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #40
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Frank is hands down the best X and Os guy since McGuire but his lack of effort on the recruiting trail is infuriating. He needs to dump old man Perry Clark and hire a young assistant who’s eager to make a name for himself and knows how to connect with players.
Agreed.
Closed Thread