CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SanAntonioCock
Master Bedroom
thekob
Roosterboy
Ace Dilcock
Three and Out
rt3891
cocky0
thumpin big
PFW79
Complete Game Previe (836)
Will the Gamecocks S (486)
Player Interviews 8/ (432)
NASCAR Does Everyone (352)
Just maybe? Legion F (252)
Wanted - 3 Texas A&a (30)
Men's Soccer Jersey (29)
Big day at the LBC h (9)
Aretha Franklin, the (0)
Jeff Dillman Interview
2019 - JR Walker
2019 - DJ Daniel
2018-19 MBB Schedule - Na
Surprised no one is talki
NASCAR Does Everyone Owe
Men's Soccer Jersey for s
Will the Gamecocks Score
The most important thread
2019 - PG Josiah James (M

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #201
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Josh Belk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
A kid they bribed to come to their school to begin with. Anyone who falls for his shtick needs their head checked
Oh yeah, it's amazing people still fall for it. Even posters on this board.

I wold not at all be surprised if Dabs used early play time and other "incentives" to get him to commit on the spot and then couldn't follow through with the promises.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #202
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post

I wold not at all be surprised if Dabs used early play time and other "incentives" to get him to commit on the spot and then couldn't follow through with the promises.
This is the first time I've seen an attorney involved in a transfer. Leads me to believe there is definitely more to the story. Sorry ass dabs getting a taste of his own medicine
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #203
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit

Quote:
This is the first time I've seen an attorney involved in a transfer. Leads me to believe there is definitely more to the story. Sorry ass dabs getting a taste of his own medicine

Sounds like he wanted an unconditional release, for whatever reason, and they didnít want to do it! So he hired an attorney to get it done. Dabs didnít want his trickery to be exposed, so to save face, he granted the UNCONDITIONAL release!!! Now The Gamecocks could very well benefit from it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #204
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Can they (MooU) add a player for next years class to make up for Belk or did they end up losing the spot on a kid that will never play a down for them?
Old 05-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #205
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeEM View Post
Would it be some type of violation to "recruit" a kid that is enrolled at another school? I'm willing to bet someone on USC's staff was talking with him....
More like someone in Belks circle contacted someone at SC. I can tell you both Staffs at our instate Schools are not going to risk their jobs for anyone. Now its not against any rule for anyone to initiate a call to a Coach on either Staff. That is without question what I assumed happened here.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #206
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Not sure what the reasoning was. But Gotta give it Dabo for releasing him.
Dabo doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit Dabo. Period.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #207
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
No coach can block a player from transferring, the most they can do is block them from receiving a scholarship for a year.

We get that, and we know thats the actual rule. But really it's splitting hairs. Most of these kids can't afford to pay out of pocket, so when you block them from getting a scholarship, you're essentially blocking them from transferring because they don't have the option to pay a lot of the time.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #208
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yea but dabo is the good guy here, fuq outta here
I never said Dabo is the good guy. What are you talking about? Dabo needs to get his program under control if the stories are true.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #209
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah I canít believe people actually believe Dabo is such a great recruiter he can pull anyone from anywhere in the country. I donít want to start this discussion again because some people get pissed and say Dabo doesnít cheat. He may not touch the money but the boosters do. Theyíll get Crouch because they cheat.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #210
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Yeah I canít believe people actually believe Dabo is such a great recruiter he can pull anyone from anywhere in the country. I donít want to start this discussion again because some people get pissed and say Dabo doesnít cheat. He may not touch the money but the boosters do. Theyíll get Crouch because they cheat.

I sure hope your wrong about them getting Crouch. In fact I donít think he named them in his finalist, not that it means a whole lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #211
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post

Time for us to cheat then, I honestly don't think they only get good players because they pay. It wouldn't be hard for our boosters to level that playing field.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #212
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
I never said Dabo is the good guy. What are you talking about? Dabo needs to get his program under control if the stories are true.
Yea sorry, you said it was a "classy thing to do". There is nothing classy about that man
Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #213
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

What I find odd about this whole thing is that he is changing schools to be closer to his family. Clemson is 2 hours away and SC is about an hour away from his home. That isn't a whole lot different. I could understand if he were at TAM or Missou, but he could still travel home pretty much any time he wanted.

It seem that his classes could be altered to allow him to leave on Thursday and not have to be back to school until Monday. He could also simply redshirt and be relieved of his football responsibilities.

I am glad he is likely coming here, it just seems there is more to this than simply the extra 60 miles he would have to travel to get to see his mother.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #214
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
What I find odd about this whole thing is that he is changing schools to be closer to his family. Clemson is 2 hours away and SC is about an hour away from his home. That isn't a whole lot different. I could understand if he were at TAM or Missou, but he could still travel home pretty much any time he wanted.

It seem that his classes could be altered to allow him to leave on Thursday and not have to be back to school until Monday. He could also simply redshirt and be relieved of his football responsibilities.

I am glad he is likely coming here, it just seems there is more to this than simply the extra 60 miles he would have to travel to get to see his mother.
Eh an hour both ways adds up both quickly in time and expense (with gas the way it is now), especially if you are doing the drive multiple times a week.

That being said, it seems that there is more to the story.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #215
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I want to hate Clemson as much as anyone, but kudos to them for releasing him and not putting any stipulations on it. There's a huge difference between an hour drive one way when a family member is battling cancer. Whether he comes to Carolina or not, I wish him and his family the best and hopefully his mom can kick that cancer's ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #216
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I want to hate Clemson as much as anyone, but kudos to them for releasing him and not putting any stipulations on it. There's a huge difference between an hour drive one way when a family member is battling cancer. Whether he comes to Carolina or not, I wish him and his family the best and hopefully his mom can kick that cancer's ass.

All it took was some strong arming by a lawyer and they did the right thing!
Old 05-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #217
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #218
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post

From google maps:

Richburg to Columbia is 51 miles, 53 minutes.

Richburg to Clemson is 2 hr 23 min, 128 miles.

That's a difference of an hour and a half and 75 miles each way, or 3 hours and 150 miles round trip. If he needs to make the trip twice a week, that's basically a difference of 6 hours and a tank of gas every week. In a month that's a difference of 24 hours, literally an entire day, and 4 tanks of gas.

Not saying there isn't more to the story, but if he really does need to make that trip on a frequent basis, an hour and a half each way can make a huge difference in quality of life. That would be even more true if there is some family matter that might mean he gets a phone call and needs to make an unexpected trip.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #219
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba55nec4r View Post
All it took was some strong arming by a lawyer and they did the right thing!
Or Clemson could have clamored tampering - truthful or not - and made a big stink out of it and gave him a conditional release. Either way it likely works out good for SC so lets be happy like Cack ..... lol. #SPURSUP
Old 05-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #220
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
From google maps:

Richburg to Columbia is 51 miles, 53 minutes.

Richburg to Clemson is 2 hr 23 min, 128 miles.

That's a difference of an hour and a half and 75 miles each way, or 3 hours and 150 miles round trip. If he needs to make the trip twice a week, that's basically a difference of 6 hours and a tank of gas every week. In a month that's a difference of 24 hours, literally an entire day, and 4 tanks of gas.

Not saying there isn't more to the story, but if he really does need to make that trip on a frequent basis, an hour and a half each way can make a huge difference in quality of life. That would be even more true if there is some family matter that might mean he gets a phone call and needs to make an unexpected trip.
Huge difference. If Mom is sick - and it appears to be legit - I see no way the kid is not eligible immediately.
Closed Thread