CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
rt3891
Three and Out
gamecockphan
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
SC Gamecock
carolina_corpsman
Great College Footba (329)
Duck Boats are Death (196)
Homemade Hot Sauce
Great Article on Coach Mu
We Can Beat Them
SEC Media Days
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Softball - looking ahead
2019 - Jammie Robinson
2019 - Kamren McCray
why no mention of Garcia
The Open

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #341
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPitGreyrooster rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2019 - Chris Steele

Things kinda quiet on the Steele front today?
Hope the staff and players blow him away this weekend. It would be nice to get a commitment before he leaves campus!!!! Or at least some very VERY positive response!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 PM   #342
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
Things kinda quiet on the Steele front today?
Hope the staff and players blow him away this weekend. It would be nice to get a commitment before he leaves campus!!!! Or at least some very VERY positive response!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will get the same positive generic response that 5 star guys give at this point in the year. We will impress him and hilinski will help for sure but he won't commit..
Old 06-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #343
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
We will get the same positive generic response that 5 star guys give at this point in the year. We will impress him and hilinski will help for sure but he won't commit..
Never know, he may, but even if he does, Trojans will put full court press on him the rest of the way.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #344
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I don't expect him to commit anywhere before July 7th since the day he set a while back is not too far off. That means the best we can hope for is to put ourselves in the thick of it for him. Put on the best visit you can and let the cards fall where they will.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #345
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

What other official visits does he have lined up after us?

As we saw with Jackson, that final visit can be the game-changer.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #346
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
What other official visits does he have lined up after us?

As we saw with Jackson, that final visit can be the game-changer.
So Cal is visit 5
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #347
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
So Cal is visit 5
Bummer. Oh well.

Cross my fingers and pray that his visit goes so well this weekend that he commits and cancels other visits.

If SoCal gets him last, it's over.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #348
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 196405
elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

Well, you have a shot if you can get a kid on campus. Should be a heck of a weekend.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #349
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Well, you have a shot if you can get a kid on campus. Should be a heck of a weekend.
Personally, this feels like a longshot that may pay off later. Even if the Steele doesn't come here, getting your program and your name to pick time high schools out west is a plus. Helinski helps, but the more word of mouth, the better.

I also feel like it's a minor victory just getting a visit. Strong work all around.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #350
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

The fact that Steele is coming 3,000 miles to Columbia is not being lost by many top level players. Frankly, getting him to OV here is a big win by itself. In case some havenít noticed, Boom has taken us nationwide.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #351
sgacock
Starter

Male

sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

Players at Don Boscoe, Mater Dei and other schools in the toughest conference in High school are seeing what's going on with hilinski and Steele. Even Kyle ford hasn't cut us out. We didn't make the cut to five by the top RB out there, but we were among his ten. We've got them thinking more broadly about "USC"
Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #352
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Players at Don Boscoe, Mater Dei and other schools in the toughest conference in High school are seeing what's going on with hilinski and Steele. Even Kyle ford hasn't cut us out. We didn't make the cut to five by the top RB out there, but we were among his ten. We've got them thinking more broadly about "USC"
This is all very true. Lucky for us, Ryan will be here with Chris and in his ear.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #353
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

Of course the site went down just as Steele was about to begin his official weekend here. I've been dying to know how his visit here went, but maybe it's too late for all that now. Did he have anything to say after? Couldn't find anything besides one pay-site article. He's rumored to have committed to SoCal but he's said not to believe any reports. I guess everyone knows that's where he's headed, but I guess he still wants try maintaining some aura of mystery for his announcement.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #354
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

It's just my own assumption, but I think he wants to keep mum about it for a while, a few days or so, to let the furor from the Rivals reporter stealing his thunder die down a bit, and then try it again to make it more his deal. And then commit to SoCal. But I doubt the bottom line will change at all, and I think it never really was going to change in the first place...
Old 06-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #355
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
It's just my own assumption, but I think he wants to keep mum about it for a while, a few days or so, to let the furor from the Rivals reporter stealing his thunder die down a bit, and then try it again to make it more his deal. And then commit to SoCal. But I doubt the bottom line will change at all, and I think it never really was going to change in the first place...
It was kind of funny that SoCal Rivals ruined his special moment.

Every recruit wants to create that big question mark...will he or won't he??? I get that most of these having grown up with social media, so it's a very "look at me" generation thing that I don't get. But there are usually just a very small handful of top recruits for whom recruiting is truly wide open and anybody's guess. But when the whole world knows what you're going to do, it just looks kind of silly to try creating suspense.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:39 AM   #356
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
You may be correct.. But the irony here is some decide the recruit is lying and this sleazy website pundit is telling the truth because it fits the narrative... I honestly don't care what the kid decides... But I'll wait to hear from him... That website guy is a classless jackass whether he has good info or not..
Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #357
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
You may be correct.. But the irony here is some decide the recruit is lying and this sleazy website pundit is telling the truth because it fits the narrative... I honestly don't care what the kid decides... But I'll wait to hear from him... That website guy is a classless jackass whether he has good info or not..
I don't feel that way. These recruits put themselves out there and send cryptic and intentionally misleading messages on Twitter. It's all about exposure and keeping your name out there. When you put yourself in that world you expose yourself. The alternative is to just keep a low profile and not say anything.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #358
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't feel that way. These recruits put themselves out there and send cryptic and intentionally misleading messages on Twitter. It's all about exposure and keeping your name out there. When you put yourself in that world you expose yourself. The alternative is to just keep a low profile and not say anything.
Uh Duh!!! The recruits are kids managing their 15 minutes of fame!! That website owner is an adult looking for a few bucks at the expense of the kids rare moment
Old 06-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #359
Lancelot
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Uh Duh!!! The recruits are kids managing their 15 minutes of fame!! That website owner is an adult looking for a few bucks at the expense of the kids rare moment
It's all part of a system. Without Rivals and Scout and 247 etc, all this recruiting stuff would not be what it is today. Those folks created the industry that made recruiting a year-round event, rather than a blip on the radar screen in February. If you want to be part of the system, then you're part of the system. If you don't want to be, then keep a low profile, don't send out intentionally vague and misleading tweets and wait until you're ready to announce to say anything. Rivals and 247 and all the recruiting analysts are largely responsible for creating the hype for these kids, so it's no skin off my nose if they want to try scoring a few bucks for their effort.

These kids are not naive. They've grown up in this culture. Once you put yourself out there as much as these recruits do, you're not fully in control any longer.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #360
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
It's all part of a system. Without Rivals and Scout and 247 etc, all this recruiting stuff would not be what it is today. Those folks created the industry that made recruiting a year-round event, rather than a blip on the radar screen in February. If you want to be part of the system, then you're part of the system. If you don't want to be, then keep a low profile, don't send out intentionally vague and misleading tweets and wait until you're ready to announce to say anything. Rivals and 247 and all the recruiting analysts are largely responsible for creating the hype for these kids, so it's no skin off my nose if they want to try scoring a few bucks for their effort.

These kids are not naive. They've grown up in this culture. Once you put yourself out there as much as these recruits do, you're not fully in control any longer.
I'll give you this and the last word: ",hey teacher leave them kids alone..all you are is just another brick in the wall"!!!
Closed Thread