CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
CockyLifer
2k15
thekob
ShutTheSuccop
CapitolCock
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
OrTre Smith limited (1164)
CFN rankings 130 to (649)
2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (260)
What's for dinner to (259)
brake pads changed f (142)
Will the Gamecocks S (142)
Sirius/XM just bough (136)
for those of you tha (88)
Oct 6 Mizoo game at (57)
Home Team Bar-B-Que (51)
Home Team Bar-B-Que In Ch
What's for dinner tonight
USC's Defensive Line
Cack's Toast of the Game
Mizzou game time
OrTre Smith limited
What happened to UNC foot
Tiger has been leading th
Jeremy Pruitt (Over/under
Don't Run Your Mouth, Ken

Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #121
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: World Cup 2018 Discussion

Another England chokejob.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #122
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 2484
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

It's not coming home
Old 07-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #123
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping for a France/England final with all of those big names playing.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #124
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Croatia wins in added extra time over England 2-1.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #125
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Too many good looks and nothing.

I'm excited about the finals and if I were England, I'd be worried too about Saturday.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #126
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Too many good looks and nothing.

I'm excited about the finals and if I were England, I'd be worried too about Saturday.
I was rooting for England but let's face it - they had an easy draw.

They already played Belgium once in a glorified friendly in the group stage. If Belgium wants to win this and puts their best out there, they will destroy England.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #127
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

Disappointing loss, I will be pulling for Croatia to win it all.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #128
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9990000
SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
That's what happens when you have that many Spurs players on the England team. They always love a good choke job!! Super pumped Croatia made the finals and not England. With that being said I have been pulling for France since day one and I am still sticking with it.

They should easily win the final IMO. Croatia have played almost an entire extra game and a half just with OT. They have got to be dead at this point. I love the grit from them though so maybe they will put on a better showing than I think.
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #129
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well that's disappointing. I was hoping for a France/England final with all of those big names playing.
Plenty of big name players from huge clubs playing for Croatia.

Plus they’ve already won me money and all I can do is win more if they beat Les Bleus.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #130
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 200
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Yes and No.

Lebron is one of the greatest athletes we've ever seen but where do you put him on a soccer pitch? Goal keeper is the only logical place.Some of our best athletes in the NFL and NBA are just too tall fro soccer. But I do agree that there are some guys in the 5'10" to 6'2" range that have the body type to play soccer.

However, soccer is very much a skill sport. Arguably the best player ever is 5' 7" and 2 of the 5 best players during this WC are Luka Modric (5' 8" 145 lbs) and Eden Hazard 5' 8" 170 lbs).

The question to me is are there undersized guys who are killer athletes that are trying to make it in basketball and football that never go pro that could have very successful soccer careers?
Cristiano Ronaldo is 6'1 or 6'2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 6'5. A bunch of great non-goalkeepers throughout history were 6 ft and above.

Of course, as you alluded to, all goalkeepers are taller and bigger than most of their squads.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:21 AM   #131
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...249-1531559973

For the first time in history, the 2022 WC will be played in November-December. To no one's surprise, players and teams are not happy about it.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #132
GarnetSwarm1990
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5738
GarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
That's what happens when you have that many Spurs players on the England team. They always love a good choke job!! Super pumped Croatia made the finals and not England. With that being said I have been pulling for France since day one and I am still sticking with it.

They should easily win the final IMO. Croatia have played almost an entire extra game and a half just with OT. They have got to be dead at this point. I love the grit from them though so maybe they will put on a better showing than I think.
That would be a great burn except those Spurs helped them go the farthest the've advanced since 1990. So I'd say those Spurs players made them the best England team in a very long time.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #133
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 118000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

So glad Croatia beat England. We fought a war in the 1770s to 1780s that said I didn't have to care about England anymore.
Go Croats
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #134
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...249-1531559973

For the first time in history, the 2022 WC will be played in November-December. To no one's surprise, players and teams are not happy about it.
Yeah it is right in the middle of seasons for all these clubs. It could possibly decide the winners of so many leagues.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:11 PM   #135
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
That would be a great burn except those Spurs helped them go the farthest the've advanced since 1990. So I'd say those Spurs players made them the best England team in a very long time.
The easy path they had also helped them a good bit. The two real quality teams they faced they lost to. Twice to Belgium and once to Croatia. England did well the first 25-30 minutes of the Croatia game then the major flaws in the team were exposed. Croatia took over in the midfield and started to dictate the pace of them game.

Harry Kane is a great player even though he plays for Spurs, but he looked average at best all tourney. He won the golden boot off of 3 pens, and one goal he had no idea about that deflected off of him. Yes a goal is a goal but he didn't really earn the golden boot IMO.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #136
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 2484
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
The easy path they had also helped them a good bit. The two real quality teams they faced they lost to. Twice to Belgium and once to Croatia. England did well the first 25-30 minutes of the Croatia game then the major flaws in the team were exposed. Croatia took over in the midfield and started to dictate the pace of them game.

Harry Kane is a great player even though he plays for Spurs, but he looked average at best all tourney. He won the golden boot off of 3 pens, and one goal he had no idea about that deflected off of him. Yes a goal is a goal but he didn't really earn the golden boot IMO.
I think Kane was injured against Colombia and was never fully fit after that
Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #137
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
I think Kane was injured against Colombia and was never fully fit after that
We lus he was dropping too deep since he wasn’t getting any service or creative midfield play. England really need a #10 type to create better opportunities.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 AM   #138
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:

Seems the City players- stones, walker are to blame for the Croatia loss.

Doesn’t really matter to me though since Croatia won me money. Hopefully they will win me a little more today since I’m the only person in my pool with them winning it all.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #139
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

He ****ing dove. I hate France.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #140
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

Great job Croatia!!!!!!!! 1-1.

Beautiful LEGITIMATE goal.