CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Senior Rooster
carolina_corpsman
PFW79
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
markp_vip
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
thumpin big
Ace Dilcock
Willy B upgrades to (1956)
Influential Pastor s (1658)
Missing Ellis Johnso (900)
CFN: Daily Five: 201 (382)
Bama vs _____ (320)
Donta Scott (299)
USA women's world cu (217)
One Carolina T-Shirt (203)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (199)
NCAAF: TEXAS AM @ AL (105)
Missing Ellis Johnson?
Bama vs _____
2019 schedule out
Black Ops 4
Georgia v Auburn 2017
Influential Pastor steeri
WBB recruiting summary:
Gamecock Tipoff - October
2019 - Jaquaze Sorrells
***Women's Golf 2018-19 S

Old 05-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #381
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Default Re: WBB Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I wouldn't judge a player on how they played under Holly Warlick. Just look at what Diamond DeSheilds is doing right now in the WNBA.
With all due respect, 2 games does not a career make.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #382
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
I guess anytime on or before May 31st is, well.... before June.
She doesn't graduate until august.. I am not sure an official arrangement can be made prior to that.. My guess is she has a private agreement with her destination HBC
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #383
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
She doesn't graduate until august.. I am not sure an official arrangement can be made prior to that.. My guess is she has a private agreement with her destination HBC
That shouldn't hamper her from announcing tho. Bianca announced WV before she graduated.

It does look like Howard went radio silent shortly after she visited us. Judging by Dawn's "lashes glasses" and her cryptic tweets, I think that we got her during her visit.

Last edited by USCharleston2; 05-23-2018 at 08:21 PM..
USCharleston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #384
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

Maybe she just wants to focus on finishing school before annoucing publically. Unfortunately annoucing you're going to a rival conference opponnet might result in some negative feedback by both the press/ fans. In my opinion as long as her new coaching staff knows her plan, then it's in her best that she keeps her eyes on the prize, which is graduating and keep the outside distractions to a minimum.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #385
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Milks26 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
You are exactly right... Holly Warlick and Karen Aston of Texas can waste and ruin more talent than the average hoops can can imagine...
So, true about both coaches. They get some of the best players in the country and the girls just fizzle with inconsistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I wouldn't judge a player on how they played under Holly Warlick. Just look at what Diamond DeSheilds is doing right now in the WNBA.
Diamond will always play her game. Yes, the season has just started, but talent is talent. One of the worst mistakes she ever made was leaving UNC or not transferring to us in the end.

Last edited by Milks26; 05-23-2018 at 09:12 PM..
Milks26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #386
Milks26
Walk On

Female

Milks26 has hatched from the shell

Like everyone else still waiting on Howard.

Hell, she might just pull a BCM and stay where she's at.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #387
lfowens
4-Star

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milks26 View Post
Like everyone else still waiting on Howard.

Hell, she might just pull a BCM and stay where she's at.
Good Point - did not think of that.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:30 AM   #388
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
That shouldn't hamper her from announcing tho. Bianca announced WV before she graduated.

It does look like Howard went radio silent shortly after she visited us. Judging by Dawn's "lashes glasses" and her cryptic tweets, I think that we got her during her visit.
Bianca was different she didn't play all year , plus its a disadvantage school wise plus she has to graduate first..
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:48 AM   #389
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

My point was that you don't have to complete a semester or graduate before announcing which school you are transferring to. They announced months ago that they wanted to transfer. I'm sure they have/had release papers. Bianca was still a part of the team on scholarship though she was injured.

I have nothing against Howard waiting until August to announce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Bianca was different she didn't play all year , plus its a disadvantage school wise plus she has to graduate first..
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
USCharleston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #390
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

If Howard doesn’t announce soon, I doubt she’s returning to A&M.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #391
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 33500
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Transfer that reportedly USC had interest in - Emma Merriweather, a 6'5 post from Long Beach State, chose to further her career at Texas Tech. Averaged 8.6 pts, 6.4 reb., with 54 blocks as a freshman. Emma hails from Buena Park, CA.
https://texastech.com/news/2018/6/14...er-roster.aspx
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #392
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Dazia Powell a freshman shooting guard has received a full release from UNC... This young lady is a tough heady baller that can shoot the lights out!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #393
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Got a feeling anriel howard isn't coming here would of love to see her here but i just think that aint happening
Old 07-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #394
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

Quote:
Got a feeling anriel howard isn't coming here would of love to see her here but i just think that aint happening
I don’t have that feeling.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #395
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
According to A&M fans if she doesn't finish 18 credit hours this summer she is not going anywhere!!! That the story out of Texas
Old 07-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #396
bbbbookert
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
I don’t have that feeling.
You should she following alot of Mississippi state people and none of us same like amber ramiez did...
Old 07-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #397
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 33500
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

Quote:
You should she following alot of Mississippi state people and none of us same like amber ramiez did...
I was just on Instagram where she posted a selfie modeling her graduation gown. She did an, “Ask me a question”, session on her IG stories and somebody asked her, “what college are you transferring to?”, and she answered, “you’ll know soooon...”, so looks like staying at TAMU is pretty likely out of the picture.

She’s a much more frequent poster on IG than twitter. On IG she follows 13 Gamecocks, including 6 current Gamecock players, Coach Law and L. Spann, who is on campus continuing her last year of grad studies. Didn’t see Dawn or the WBB account among those follows. Yes there were also MSU follows but I don’t know their present and past players well enough to make a full account. I did notice Vivians, B. Schaefer (who is now a grad student at TAMU), and former post Okorie among her follows while scrolling her follows. So there’s that if you think follows is any indicator of where she might end up. Gamecocks appear to have a decent representation of their own.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #398
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
I was just on Instagram where she posted a selfie modeling her graduation gown. She did an, “Ask me a question”, session on her IG stories and somebody asked her, “what college are you transferring to?”, and she answered, “you’ll know soooon...”, so looks like staying at TAMU is pretty likely out of the picture.

She’s a much more frequent poster on IG than twitter. On IG she follows 13 Gamecocks, including 6 current Gamecock players, Coach Law and L. Spann, who is on campus continuing her last year of grad studies. Didn’t see Dawn or the WBB account among those follows. Yes there were also MSU follows but I don’t know their present and past players well enough to make a full account. I did notice Vivians, B. Schaefer (who is now a grad student at TAMU), and former post Okorie among her follows while scrolling her follows. So there’s that if you think follows is any indicator of where she might end up. Gamecocks appear to have a decent representation of their own.
Great to hear she got all that work done!! 18 credits over 1 summer is a lot... I did 12 hours 1 summer and was worn down!!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #399
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
She's coming.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #400
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

GarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudly

I have absolutely no info outside of what I read but a lot of posters on both TAMU and State sites seem to think she is going to State. Many TAMU posters consider Vic not much better than a traitor for recruiting Howard. Interesting Blair is at TAMU for graduate work. Anyway would love to have Howard but we will be alright without her if she chooses State.
GarnetGhost is offline   Reply With Quote