CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Rogocop
Blitzkrieg
Roosterboy
CockTail
Cockypantherfan
markp_vip
roosterdude21
taylorssc
TastyLicks
Categories of gym go (140)
Anyone here ever try (113)
The Star of Bethlehe (107)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Rumor Mill: Bobby Bentley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4&qu
2019 - Chris Steele
2018 College Head Coachin
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Furman Basketball
The Betting Window is OPE
Killing The Shift?

Old 08-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #881
Ironfan
Banned

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2019 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Unless you know something we donít know about him being eligible immediately then Iím right.
you are right, sir
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #882
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Unless you know something we don’t know about him being eligible immediately then I’m right.
Yes you are. If youíre wrong then so is every media outlet that is saying he has 2 years to play 2.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #883
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

I was the one who was wrong. My apologies to Cockdiesel and to all. I was taking a break in my car, did a quick internet search, saw some incorrect info, believed it to be true and posted hastily. The egg is on my face here. I certainly wish the kid had 3 years of eligibility left. (I also got one of those little lessons in not believing everything you see on the internet.) My bad, yíall.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #884
scdodgerfan
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scdodgerfan has hatched from the shell

Question - How does the 5 years to play 4 work when a Mormon recruit takes off 2 years for a mission after a year in college?
scdodgerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #885
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 48200000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdodgerfan View Post
Question - How does the 5 years to play 4 work when a Mormon recruit takes off 2 years for a mission after a year in college?
I’m sure they get a special waiver for that.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #886
OnTheRight
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
OnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his combOnTheRight is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdodgerfan View Post
I think they BlueShirt.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #887
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRight View Post
I think they BlueShirt.
NM
Old 08-08-2018, 08:48 PM   #888
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

Two months and still no thumbs up from Champ
Old 08-09-2018, 12:36 AM   #889
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
Two months and still no thumbs up from Champ
Patience is a virtue. We're expected to land 2 4 star players by the end of the month.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:52 AM   #890
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Patience is a virtue. We're expected to land 2 4 star players by the end of the month.
How many spots do we have left? Not including guys who may commit to us (Cam Smith) I donít care what our final ranking is this will still be a talented class. The media is making it sound like UGA is kicking our ass in recruiting this year but they recruit a top 5 class every year under Richt too.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:56 AM   #891
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
How many spots do we have left? Not including guys who may commit to us (Cam Smith) I don’t care what our final ranking is this will still be a talented class. The media is making it sound like UGA is kicking our ass in recruiting this year but they recruit a top 5 class every year under Richt too.

16 plus, Belk, Hynes and Cook
Old 08-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #892
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
True day. In the past, we would have lots of scholarships to fill at this point and would need to settle on players lower on our board. Now, with few scholarships left and a lot of high-rated players remaining, we can be selective and wait.

I personally think that this season will improve our chances of landing some of the remaining blue chip guys. To steal from Al Davis, "Just win, baby."

Or to steal from Field of Dreams, "Build it and they will come". And by "Build it", I do not mean the Football Ops Building, although that helps. I mean the program.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #893
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

So is there any truth to the Belk blood pressure physical issue ?
Old 08-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #894
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
If he really weighed in at 359 then I'm not surprised.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #895
evilpoptart
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 950309
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Hope they can get the kid healthy. That's the most important thing.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #896
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
According to TBS yes

He’s not going to be able to practice till he loses the weight because he would be at risk to practice at his current weight.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #897
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 93589
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
According to TBS yes

Heís not going to be able to practice till he loses the weight because he would be at risk to practice at his current weight.
Catch 22 situation. Best way to loose weight is to diet and workout. What do they do? Set a magical weight goal for him? Thatís got to be tough for him.

Iíve got to tell you that I went through a weight vs BP deal. I was on BP meds when I lost 20 lbs (240 to 220) and my BP dropped out the bottom. I had to get my meds cut back to a weaker type. But I also quit working at the same time so there could be the absence of stress that helped lower my BL. Joshs stress level has to be pretty high in his predicament. I hate it for him.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #898
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Catch 22 situation. Best way to loose weight is to diet and workout. What do they do? Set a magical weight goal for him? Thatís got to be tough for him.

Iíve got to tell you that I went through a weight vs BP deal. I was on BP meds when I lost 20 lbs (240 to 220) and my BP dropped out the bottom. I had to get my meds cut back to a weaker type. But I also quit working at the same time so there could be the absence of stress that helped lower my BL. Joshs stress level has to be pretty high in his predicament. I hate it for him.
Not much of a "Catch 22" situation really. At his size just changing his diet should have him down pretty quickly. The coaches never went into this thing expecting him to play this year due to him being a transfer and having to rely on the NCAA to grant a waiver so while he would have been a bonus to them it's no loss since he wasn't in the plans for 2018 anyway. So they can take their time getting him right and correcting his diet is the first, and frankly biggest, step.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #899
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not much of a "Catch 22" situation really. At his size just changing his diet should have him down pretty quickly. The coaches never went into this thing expecting him to play this year due to him being a transfer and having to rely on the NCAA to grant a waiver so while he would have been a bonus to them it's no loss since he wasn't in the plans for 2018 anyway. So they can take their time getting him right and correcting his diet is the first, and frankly biggest, step.
Exactly.

Luckily for him he has a few great resources that are available to him. I am sure he has regular meeting times with the team dietician and hopefully Kinlaw can take him under his wing a bit and help him with his diet. If anybody is an example of dedication to diet, it would be Kinlaw. Hopefully Belk can follow in his footsteps.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #900
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Josh Belk practiced today. Had a helmet with no pads, but they have to bring him along like they did everyone in camp. I’m guessing he’ll be in full pads in a couple days. Excellent.
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote