CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ironfan
TaySC
ba55nec4r
Lonnie
PFW79
crow0328
InletCock1989
Cockhornleghorn
evilpoptart
Blackland
Predictions: South C (2084)
Thoughts on Freshmen (2047)
**USC (2-2) vs. Geor (1036)
**USC Women (2-0) vs (921)
BCM and her final ye (500)
No Man Has Made a Gu (389)
USC's Tight Ends (293)
The 2018 Gamecocks a (245)
Ruin Thanksgiving in (228)
Crawl space issues (220)
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
**USC Women (2-0) vs. Mar
Predictions: South Caroli
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
2020 - Jah-Marien Latham
Furman Basketball
**USC (2-2) vs. George Wa
2019 - DJ Williams - Appa
Tigers by 25
What's for dinner tonight

Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #41
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Florida Discussion

The backup QB just got hurt so it looks like we'll be playing against Franks.

If we can score early, limit their rushing, and catch the ball....I think we win

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #42
pshade
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 250
pshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Man coverage is great...when you have the depth to run it. South Carolina just doesnít have the depth in the secondary to play more man coverage. Thatís why you didnít see it until the 4th quarter last week when it mattered most. If they run man the entire game, guys like Fenton, Nixon and Horn would have been gassed and more likely to give up the deep ball. You may see it a little bit more this week because UF isnít really a threat to run 90 plays but thatís why youíre getting the ultimate bend donít break defense.
The cover two is causing us to be gassed in the 2nd and 4th quarter because we are on the field so long. I was not talking about every play, but the majority of plays go man. In obvious passing downs or for change up go zone, but you get better pressure, disguise your defense, known assignments and raising skill level/trust for your players.
Franks is not accurate enough to hit the receiver in man coverage, but can in zone where the receiver sits in the open area. Cover 2 does not get your defense off the field. It is a slow scoring drive, that gasses your defense.
pshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #43
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

yeah the most important thing is to get off the field. i think in the press conference muschamp said if they throw the ball deep despite the the coverage youre going to have to expend a ton of energy and then come back and line up the next play and be ready.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #44
uscbrasco
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 103536
uscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPit

I do not think Franks is good enough to beat us. Perine and Scarlett on the other hand can.

Stop the run. Get up early. Force them into passing the ball.
uscbrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #45
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrED View Post
I dont give us much chance at all. Hope I am wrong.

1. We are beat to hell on Defense. Starting too many inexperienced young players. Its really bad folks. We just gave up 600 yards last week. We arent stopping anyone at this point.

2. Its too hard to win back to back road games for anyone. Practically impossible for an average middle of the road SEC team which we are. I dont care who we are playing. If we were really good I would still have my doubts for this reason alone. Its a monumental task.

3. Florida just had its worst game of the season. Which means they will be hitting on all cylinders against us. Thats just the way it works. Had they destroyed Mizzou I would actually feel better about it. Florida beat Miss St and LSU. They are plenty good enough to beat us and beat us well, no matter what happened last week.

There is nothing about this game that makes me feel good. I really hope I am wrong because it could make this season 10 times better.
1) Ole Miss is the #4 offense in the country. We gave up what they gain on average in a game. Not to mention we completely had them shut out in the 4th quarter when we were down all of our men.

2) I agree fatigue may slow us down being on the road for two weeks

3) Fair point, but I assure you if Florida is falling apart on offense and has defensive woes of their own, it’s not like their want to win is going to physically beat us. This one is a nail biter, and no way are they gonna blow us out simply because they’re upset they lost to UGA and Missouri. Boo hoo, we lost to three teams as well.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #46
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16238
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

This could shape up to be a perfect storm.

Florida has two straight losses, one on homecoming where they look liked rolled over.

Starting QB fighting coaches and teammantes.

Better option at QB, carted off the practice field.

Mullen blasts fans.

Noon game.

I like the Gamecocks in this one.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #47
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 94172
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Wondering if Trask going down means Emery Jones gets some reps against us. I think he's only played against Georgia so far so he has some other games to participate in.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #48
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Hate hear Trask was hurt that badly in practice. I hope it does not mean Franks is going to have a career game against us.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #49
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 14155
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Not sure what to think of this one. I thought Florida was a pretty good team, but Missouri embarrassed them last week. Our defense looked awful last week, but Bentley played the best game of his career and the offense looked really good. It may be wishful thinking, but I think Florida will be demoralized from their last 2 games, our offense will continue to play well and our patchwork defense will perform just good enough for us to win a close one.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #50
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
Not sure what to think of this one. I thought Florida was a pretty good team, but Missouri embarrassed them last week. Our defense looked awful last week, but Bentley played the best game of his career and the offense looked really good. It may be wishful thinking, but I think Florida will be demoralized from their last 2 games, our offense will continue to play well and our piecemeal defense will perform just good enough for us to win a close one.

Who are you and what have you done with NAGamec0ckFan?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #51
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 14155
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post

Who are you and what have you done with NAGamec0ckFan?
Come on, man... I just try to call it like I see it.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #52
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Florida should win because they have a defense and we kind of don't, especially with all our injuries. They slept on Mizzou, can't expect that 2 weeks in a row with them at home. It's another upset chance for us though.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #53
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Another close one. 27-24 Cocks.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #54
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Missouri provides the blueprint on how to beat Florida. That is a huge plus for us. Had Missou had gotten crushed, I wouldnít have a good feeling about our game. If we can do what Missouri did and stop the run and donít give up the big passing plays, we win.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #55
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

We should always have a chance to beat UF.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #56
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Florida should win because they have a defense and we kind of don't, especially with all our injuries. They slept on Mizzou, can't expect that 2 weeks in a row with them at home. It's another upset chance for us though.
You guys do understand that their secondary is a mess right? They also aren't very good at stopping the run. USC is going to have a lot of opportunities to make plays on Saturday.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #57
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
You guys do understand that their secondary is a mess right? They also aren't very good at stopping the run. USC is going to have a lot of opportunities to make plays on Saturday.
Bingo. That defense hasnít been all the great. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...1pxrGNbxy_uvns

That defense all played great against two teams LSU/MSU that are having a lot issues on offense, last two games they havenít gotten torched. If we get going early I like our chances a lot.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #58
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

I have not seen any info, who have we got at RB this week? Mon? He runs hard, not sure his vision is great but he showed a surprising burst of speed last week.

Maybe run Deebo in the wildcock in the red zone?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #59
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
I have not seen any info, who have we got at RB this week? Mon? He runs hard, not sure his vision is great but he showed a surprising burst of speed last week.

Maybe run Deebo in the wildcock in the red zone?
Mon & A.J. Turner are good to go. Tyíson has a cast on his hand but is hoping to get something smaller around it so that he can play. Muschamp expects him to play. Only guy really in question is Rico. Just my guess but I doubt we see him.

With the way UF plays defense, Tyíson & A.J. could have big games running and catching screens/swing passes.

Good news is the Offensive line is healthy.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #60
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

I wonder if the rumor that a couple players had it out with Franks in the locker room is true. Supposedly when he was pulled he came off the field laughing and a few of his teammates were tired of his not caring attitude.
sosfan812 is online now   Reply With Quote