CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SterlingBrooks
Blackland
rt3891
Ironfan
DJ35
TaySC
5lbYardcock
GregoryHouse
Lonnie
PFW79
Predictions: South C (2809)
Thoughts on Freshmen (2492)
**USC Women (2-0) vs (1399)
**USC (2-2) vs. Geor (1315)
The 2018 Gamecocks a (655)
Tigers by 25 (540)
USC's Tight Ends (519)
2019 - DJ Williams - (444)
Ruin Thanksgiving in (436)
Crawl space issues (288)
**USC Women (2-0) vs. Mar
Predictions: South Caroli
USC's Tight Ends
Tigers by 25
**USC (2-1) vs. Providenc
2019 - DJ Williams - Appa
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
Champ vs Spurrier
Can We Upset Clemson?

Old 11-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #61
kevhugh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5583
kevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudly
Default Re: Florida Discussion

One way to look at it: the spread is currently at 6, and underdogs win those games an average of 33.6% of the time. ESPN currently gives us a 32.4% chance of winning.

Or in other words: “33% of the time it works every time!”
kevhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #62
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

If they struggle against the run, we need to put in some extra TEs like the TN game and run it down at them with Williams. Hopefully Jake is still dropping dimes like last week and our guys continue to catch the ball well.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #63
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

How awesome would it be for Muschamp to get a win on Saturday with his offense putting up 30-35 points in the swamp? Not saying it’s going to happen but it has the chance to be the best win of his tenure (so far) with UF being in the top 15. Imagine how ticked UF fans would be leaving that afternoon. Your former coach is now 2-1 against you, just ran up a bunch of points and keeps your team in a tailspin.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #64
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
How awesome would it be for Muschamp to get a win on Saturday with his offense putting up 30-35 points in the swamp? Not saying it’s going to happen but it has the chance to be the best win of his tenure (so far) with UF being in the top 15. Imagine how ticked UF fans would be leaving that afternoon. Your former coach is now 2-1 against you, just ran up a bunch of points and keeps your team in a tailspin.
I think UF is #21 now. Unless you're just meaning the CFP rankings. Upon further review, that's likely what you mean. Nevermind.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #65
GSC2013
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
This game isnt quite as critical as Ole Miss was, so theres far less pressure, but it would be an absolutely HUGE win. It would likely secure back to back 8-4 regular seasons which is very respectable with a chance at 9. We’d have the quietest back to back 9 win seasons in America haha.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #66
sharpe0284
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
sharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervoussharpe0284 is making other chickens nervous

With the issues running through their team, we need to get out to a fast start and put our foot on their throat. With all the in fighting going on right now, they may just lay down if we are able to do this.
sharpe0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:10 AM   #67
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Game comes down to two things I think, can we run the ball and can we get stops on 3rd down
Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #68
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

I think the folks saying we need to get out to a quick start are 100% right. I'm not writing us off if we don't get out to a quick start but if we do coming off the last 2 weeks it'd be interesting to see how much fight that Florida team has left in it. An early 14-3 lead or something along those lines may be the gut punch they can't recover from and would silence many Gator fans in the Swamp. It's going to be hard to get out to a quick start because UF will come out swinging with everything they have but if we can I see the fight going out of them.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #69
cocksman08
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudly

Red "script" helm, white jersey, black pants. ehh?
cocksman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #70
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I think the folks saying we need to get out to a quick start are 100% right. I'm not writing us off if we don't get out to a quick start but if we do coming off the last 2 weeks it'd be interesting to see how much fight that Florida team has left in it. An early 14-3 lead or something along those lines may be the gut punch they can't recover from and would silence many Gator fans in the Swamp. It's going to be hard to get out to a quick start because UF will come out swinging with everything they have but if we can I see the fight going out of them.

With how good Perine, Scarlett and Florida's offensive line are, if we get down something like 17-3 in the first half, its probably game over for us because they'll just melt the clock and limit our possessions the rest of the way. Worst case, we need this game to be tied or need to be within 10 points going into the 2nd half.

I think its HUGE for USC that Daley and Young are going to play this weekend. We need our offensive line at full strength to handle CeCe Jefferson and crew. If they can give Jake time, we should have a lot of success against their secondary. I'm not sure if we are going to get much out of the running game this weekend given our injuries to Dowdle and Williams but we need just enough from those guys so that play action is effective.

For whatever reason, I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so. I think if our offense continues to play at a high level it'll be good result for USC because I don't think Florida has the firepower to keep up with us.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #71
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Bingo. That defense hasn’t been all the great. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...1pxrGNbxy_uvns

That defense all played great against two teams LSU/MSU that are having a lot issues on offense, last two games they haven’t gotten torched. If we get going early I like our chances a lot.
I'd forgotten that this was a Todd Grantham defense. That should help, but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed. And we are due to create some turnovers. It's just time for that to happen.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #72
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 14155
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so.
Agree. The offense looked pretty good against Tennessee, and very impressive against Ole Miss. And considering how poorly Florida played against Missouri, I think we have a good shot to pull off a close one.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #73
MrED
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
MrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPit

Quote:
Goodness...I think youÂ’re giving UF just a little too much credit. Two of the three reasons you donÂ’t give SC a chance I would argue doesnÂ’t have anything to do with the team playing the game. ItÂ’s back to back road games and UF played horrible last week so weÂ’re doomed!

Yes our defense gave up 600 yards last week. ThatÂ’s why Ole Miss is top 5 in the country in a lot of offensive categories. UF isnÂ’t in the top 75 on offense. Our backup QB threw for 300 against Missouri and UF couldnÂ’t move the ball against them. Their starting QB was benched.

Could we lose? Sure! But “don’t see anything good about this one”? C’mon man.
I think too many are putting way to much weight on what FL did last week. They beat MSU, LSU and destroyed Tennessee. They laid eggs against Vandy and Missouri. Its pretty obvious whats going on...they have a tendency to not take lesser teams seriously. Well, suddenly after losing to Mizzou I promise they will be getting our full attention.

Playing back to back road conference games may not have anything to do with the teams playing the game. But, you cannot deny the correlation because it absolutely exists. There are very few examples of mediocre SEC teams in the last decade winning back to back road games against SEC foes when one of them is not named Vandy. Its a real thing that cant simply be brushed aside.

On paper FL is a touchdown favorite. Add in our injuries, playing back to back road games, and the fact that we will no doubt get their full attention after last week, I believe its asking a lot. This is NOT a pick'em game like some people are treating it (based off of one game last week). It would be a significant upset against a top 20 team on the road.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #74
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I'd forgotten that this was a Todd Grantham defense. That should help, but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed. And we are due to create some turnovers. It's just time for that to happen.
I was just going to bring up the DC for Florida. That guy is a joke and we need to punish their D. If our running game gets going early, look for a big day on O.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #75
henmania
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
henmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
With how good Perine, Scarlett and Florida's offensive line are, if we get down something like 17-3 in the first half, its probably game over for us because they'll just melt the clock and limit our possessions the rest of the way. Worst case, we need this game to be tied or need to be within 10 points going into the 2nd half.

I think its HUGE for USC that Daley and Young are going to play this weekend. We need our offensive line at full strength to handle CeCe Jefferson and crew. If they can give Jake time, we should have a lot of success against their secondary. I'm not sure if we are going to get much out of the running game this weekend given our injuries to Dowdle and Williams but we need just enough from those guys so that play action is effective.

For whatever reason, I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so. I think if our offense continues to play at a high level it'll be good result for USC because I don't think Florida has the firepower to keep up with us.

I agree that I feel confident. I never bet on USC games but I would take the 6 points here. Even if we lose, it will be close. I think the UF team has started to quit on the year. We need to come out strong Saturday (which I know isn't our strong suit). If we get up on them early, I bet they quit.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #76
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 1500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I was just going to bring up the DC for Florida. That guy is a joke and we need to punish their D. If our running game gets going early, look for a big day on O.
Todd Grantham's defenses are always vulnerable to downfield passing attacks. If we can give Jake time to throw, he could have a big day.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #77
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
....but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed.
We need 4 qtrs of solid football.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #78
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

So the way the pollsters have voted this year once we beat them we should be ranked #18 at least correct? But of course it only works for all other teams and not us....
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #79
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
We need 4 qtrs of solid football.

Honestly what I think will happen is if we score more points we will win!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #80
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 1500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Honestly what I think will happen is if we score more points we will win!
Wait....what?