CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Lonnie
ucan'tlickourcocks
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
2k15
SheckWes
GregoryHouse
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
Defense vs Clemson (1402)
Trey Anderson (413)
Best Memory from Car (381)
Should we punt again (287)
Christmas gifts (181)
The Betting Window i (178)
Bianca Cuevas set to (150)
Black Friday TV's. (83)
CFP/NY6 Predictions (78)
NFL: FALCONS @ SAINT (44)
Trey Anderson
Best Memory from Carolina
2019 Aliyah Boston 6'4&qu
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
USC's Tight Ends
Tigers by 25
Should we punt against Cl
Bowl game
Black Friday TV's.
Brian Bowen Sues Adidas

Old 10-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #21
cockytop
Recruit

CockyCash: 200
cockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talonscockytop has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Red Dead Redemption II

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
yea, I loved RDD 1 and have found what you listed plus no option to skip travel to be annoying. After a few hours, I am already bored. Plus the shooting seems to be off and the controls are wack. Or maybe its like that to me because this is my first xbox and have always used playstation controllers.

There is fast travel available but you have to upgrade Aurthur and Dutchís tent
cockytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #22
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
yea, I loved RDD 1 and have found what you listed plus no option to skip travel to be annoying. After a few hours, I am already bored. Plus the shooting seems to be off and the controls are wack. Or maybe its like that to me because this is my first xbox and have always used playstation controllers.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll actually release this one on PC in a year or 2 so we can remove all of this crap with mods.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #23
thegreatord
Blue Chip

Male

thegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPitthegreatord rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockytop View Post
There is fast travel available but you have to upgrade Aurthur and Dutchís tent
Thanks!

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
thegreatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #24
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

You can also change the sprint button on the controls to be like where you toggle on and off versus holding down. RDR I had the same thing though. I remember my thumb getting tired of holding down X, but kinda made me take my time on long travels or take a stage coach or whatever.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:58 PM   #25
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

These a-hole witnesses are pissing me off. I just ran into a roadblock of bounty hunters that killed my horse instantly and spilled me into the dirt.

Thereís plenty of fun to be had, but running around with a bounty on your head isnít much fun.

I also mix up my left from my right too often, and end up killing someone or starting a gunfight instead of a conversation.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:34 PM   #26
roosterdude21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3212019568
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
These a-hole witnesses are pissing me off. I just ran into a roadblock of bounty hunters that killed my horse instantly and spilled me into the dirt.

Thereís plenty of fun to be had, but running around with a bounty on your head isnít much fun.

I also mix up my left from my right too often, and end up killing someone or starting a gunfight instead of a conversation.
I don't mean to laugh at your frustration but this sounds hilarious.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:00 AM   #27
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I don't mean to laugh at your frustration but this sounds hilarious.
It is pretty funny at times. My first interaction with the trapper in the north west saw me fire a bullet through his chest instead of asking about his neat hats. You canít kill him permanently, but he does now have a permanent open bullet wound in his chest that makes future conversions kind of awkward.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #28
TucockShakur
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material

I'm loving it so far. Amazing game!!
TucockShakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #29
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

The constant bounties are annoying. I just ride around everywhere with my bandana on anyway. I never used the fast travel much in the original one because I just like to ride the horse and see all the random events. I know you can upgrade to get fast travel, but I doubt I do it until I have to start covering really large distances as the game progresses. I agree that maintaining all the cores and weight and horse stuff is a pain in the butt. I don't know why they had to go change that to bring realism into the game, I almost wish there was an option to turn that part of the game off. Too often I try to help people in the game and I end up mashing something or running into them and they turn on me. I guess that is why my good and evil meter is almost all the way left towards the evil side. I still like the game and it looks really well. I only get about an hour a night to play so a lot of time is just wasted riding and dealing with strangers. I am nearing the end of the Second set of missions I believe.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #30
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material

I'm so close to buying the RDRII PS4 Pro bundle, but I also need a new TV. I'd be dropping about $860 on Amazon if I get both. Don't think I can justify it when I hardly play my huge Steam backlog right now - actually I don't at all. Thanks Overwatch.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #31
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
The constant bounties are annoying. I just ride around everywhere with my bandana on anyway. I never used the fast travel much in the original one because I just like to ride the horse and see all the random events. I know you can upgrade to get fast travel, but I doubt I do it until I have to start covering really large distances as the game progresses. I agree that maintaining all the cores and weight and horse stuff is a pain in the butt. I don't know why they had to go change that to bring realism into the game, I almost wish there was an option to turn that part of the game off. Too often I try to help people in the game and I end up mashing something or running into them and they turn on me. I guess that is why my good and evil meter is almost all the way left towards the evil side. I still like the game and it looks really well. I only get about an hour a night to play so a lot of time is just wasted riding and dealing with strangers. I am nearing the end of the Second set of missions I believe.
Just wait until online, you won't have to deal with the monotonous stuff
Old 11-08-2018, 04:54 AM   #32
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
I'm so close to buying the RDRII PS4 Pro bundle, but I also need a new TV. I'd be dropping about $860 on Amazon if I get both. Don't think I can justify it when I hardly play my huge Steam backlog right now - actually I don't at all. Thanks Overwatch.
You could always pick up the PS4 Pro bundle now and wait for Black Friday on the 4K TV.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #33
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

If I get a PS4 pro bundle, it will be for that Spider-Man game.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #34
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2482476
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Have they announced when you'll be able to play online?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #35
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Good review :

Old 11-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #36
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material

I just got the RDRII PS4 Pro bundle with a new 40 inch Samsung 4K smart TV. My other TV was like 15 years old (also Samsung but 37 inch 1080p w/ the huge bezel) and recently blew up. Literally all the capacitors popped the next day after it worked the previous night. I've been a PC gamer since April 2014 so this is my first console since 360/PS3 which I still own. Also missed playing FIFA and got that itch so picked up FIFA 19.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #37
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

It's good. Hopefully they can tighten up some of the input lag/control issues in an update, if that's possible.

I haven't had too much of a problem with bounties so far, but I'm not that far along in the main mission. I wear the mask or bandana before I do stuff a lot and kill witnesses, if needed.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #38
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

You can control the bounties with clothes and your bandana. If you never change your clothes and constantly break laws the cops will recognize you. I've had a lot of fun with this game, I can't get over how entertaining it is to lasso a stranger off their horse and drag them around the map. Very enjoyable
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 AM   #39
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba55nec4r View Post
You can control the bounties with clothes and your bandana. If you never change your clothes and constantly break laws the cops will recognize you. I've had a lot of fun with this game, I can't get over how entertaining it is to lasso a stranger off their horse and drag them around the map. Very enjoyable
Itís tough to get that ďman in blackĒ look with the outfits.

Saint Denis is pretty awesome. I canít bring myself to leave the city.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #40
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Itís tough to get that ďman in blackĒ look with the outfits.

Saint Denis is pretty awesome. I canít bring myself to leave the city.
Yeah I don't care for the outfits personally. But if you're not worried about that you can dodge bounties better.
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote