CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
SheckWes
etowngangsta
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1708)
Getting Paid. (1350)
Muschamp: the anti- (1066)
2020 Charlie Spegal (875)
Didn't catch the lat (466)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (271)
Football staff raise (218)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (186)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (161)
Dinosaur footprints (146)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old 12-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #141
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***USC MBB (4-3) @ Wyoming (2-6) - GAME Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Will we get to the 40s?
We might not break 30 against UVA's defense.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #142
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 76500000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
Last nights game will be the last one I watch until we get some staff changes. This is ridiculous.

Me TOO! I will watch no more, though I will track the games and record on line.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM   #143
LBC
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 5500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seladen View Post
I wonder what Frank says to the team at the halfs of games, because they come out totally uninspired every time.
I'm going to guess it's a whole lot of screaming, personally belittling guys and child like pouting.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #144
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I believe it is 12 million this year.
According to the old State article we owe him the amount left on his contract....that was changed from owing him 66% of the remaining amount on his contract.

If he's fired without cause after this year USC owes him $10.5 million. After next year it goes down to $7.95, then $5.35, then $2.7 it seems. His contract goes through 2022.

His buyout on the other hand is $1.5 million and will eventually go down to $500k towards the end of the contract.

Article here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...e69446227.html

Seems like the admin got a little too excited over MBB catching lightening in a bottle during the FF run.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #145
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Seems like the admin got a little too excited over MBB catching lightening in a bottle during the FF run.
They had to because UNLV came knocking. Frank was very close to taking that job from what I understand. It would've been a big black eye if we didn't attempt to keep him after the F4 run.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #146
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 170240220783
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Hope the guys had fun seeing all the sights in Wyoming.....

We do way too much stupid $hit to be a good team right now. Eliminate the mistakes and poor shot selection, play some defense, we might be competitive.
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #147
21-in-Right
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly21-in-Right is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
They had to because UNLV came knocking. Frank was very close to taking that job from what I understand. It would've been a big black eye if we didn't attempt to keep him after the F4 run.

Everybody is close to taking a new job when theyíre negotiating a contract.

"The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys who are undecided."
-
Casey Stengel
21-in-Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #148
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
This team is not only poorly coached, but more importantly it has been poorly constructed. Teams have figured out very quickly to play zone and make us beat them from the perimeter. Our guys canít shoot. None of them can shoot. This has been a repeating theme the past two years. In several games, against inferior opponents we are shooting in the 30%s from the floor and last night shot 15% (3/20) from 3. I have watched a lot of basketball in my day and this may be one of the worst teams we have ever put on the floor.
We don't do the fundamentals very well.

I know this sounds like I am making excuses, but part of the problem is the skill set and the high school coaching of the recruits we are bringing in. They don't know how to play defense and communicate with each other. They are used to being the stars and carrying their team. So the result is we get games like last night. With 5 minutes to go the lead was fluctuating between 4 - 8 points but instead of playing smart we would bring the ball down in a rush, not look for the open man and try to get into a man-to-man situation and make a spectacular play. At this level, even Wyoming has enough talent to beat that strategy. Lawson must have thrown up 5 desperation shots in the final few minutes of the game. Nobody else was willing to do anything to get open and nobody would pass the ball.

They expect to lose now.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #149
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
According to the old State article we owe him the amount left on his contract....that was changed from owing him 66% of the remaining amount on his contract.

If he's fired without cause after this year USC owes him $10.5 million. After next year it goes down to $7.95, then $5.35, then $2.7 it seems. His contract goes through 2022.

His buyout on the other hand is $1.5 million and will eventually go down to $500k towards the end of the contract.

Thanks. So if SC decided to let him go this year they would owe him the balance on his contract of 10.5 + 1.5 million buyout?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #150
sully1
Blue Chip

Male

sully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPit

We are not letting Frank go after this year.

Just need to hope our younger guys improve as the season goes on and we have a good team next year.

I havent given up hope for this year but our upper class men are not leaders at all.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #151
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Never liked the phrase "fired without cause." Generally, that is for no discernible reason to get rid of the guy, or so it has seemed.

How about, "We are firing you 'cause your team is not winning, playing poorly, not developing enough kids over the course of their careers, loss of fan interest and plummeting attendance?" Those are plenty of reasons to fire the coach without paying him an obscene amount of money as he leaves.

I know the legal mumbo jumbo written into contracts protect the coach when he is signed, but why can't it be simply, "You are doing a bad job. Sayonara?" I guess it is a matter of things are and how they ought to be.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #152
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:

The admin and Cockytalk if I remember correctly.

I'm just going to throw this out there and see--We just had a former coach arrested for fraud directly related to recruiting. We all like to think Frank knew nothing or saw nothing. If I were Tanner, I'd have my own file on Frank (and for that matter all of my coaches) that when the time came to part ways, it'll be clear that I would have the upper hand in that negotiation.

As an AD, I'd prefer to leak info, take a year or two penalty and ride out the storm, and fire the coach but save millions to give the next guy a season or two latter than to pay the dude who I'm firing. What are they going to do? Ban my sub 0.300 win team from being considered for the NIT? Limit contact with recruits who don't want to some here anyway?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #153
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPit

There's no way Frank gets fired this season unless he blows up on someone or some scandal breaks out. But if this play continues this season then he will definitely be on the hot seat next year.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #154
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

I would not be opposed to Frank leaving and getting another coach. It would depend on who the new coach is. The problem is, changing coaches every few years has never worked well for USC basketball.

I might personally be better off if USC hired someone who I REALLY DISLIKED from the start. That might cause me to lose interest in USC basketball and do something that would be more beneficial for me.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #155
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
I would not be opposed to Frank leaving and getting another coach. It would depend on who the new coach is. The problem is, changing coaches every few years has never worked well for USC basketball.

I might personally be better off if USC hired someone who I REALLY DISLIKED from the start. That might cause me to lose interest in USC basketball and do something that would be more beneficial for me.

Isn't this year 7 or 8?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #156
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Year 7 is not every "few years"

Then again you also think if we keep sucking we will finally start play well.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #157
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Year 7 is not every "few years"

Then again you also think if we keep sucking we will finally start play well.
You want to replace Frank? Go ahead.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #158
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
You want to replace Frank? Go ahead.
If I had the power, he would have been fired last night. He has lost the team. The fan base has been split for years and it's starting to skew more and more toward wanting a change.

It's time for a new message.

Then again, maybe he is ready to bolt and he and Tanner are playing a game of chicken.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #159
CockNJersey
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I had the power, he would have been fired last night. He has lost the team. The fan base has been split for years and it's starting to skew more and more toward wanting a change.

Then again, maybe he is ready to bolt and he and Tanner are playing a game of chicken.
I donít disagree with you, but who would be a realistic option to replace Frank? What are we willing to pay?
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #160
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

If Frank wanted to leave, he would leave. But I know you would get a lot more satisfaction if he is fired.