CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
kick_ball
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
Laeticia Amihere Enr (631)
Ty’son Willians to x (612)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (454)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (367)
2020 - Vershon Lee (340)
Dumb Crook News (286)
2019 walk on tight e (175)
Tech question (167)
Transfer Portal (109)
2020 WR Jacyais Cred (1)
Ty’son Willians to xfer
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Transfer Portal
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo
2020 WR Jacyais Credle
2019 walk on tight end Ke
2020 - Vershon Lee
Bianca Cuevas-Moore #9 on


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #21
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 29,257
CockyCash: 8996672
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Boom said Charleston earned it.....didn’t realize it was a gift.
I meant *not*
__________________
Quote:
I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #22
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take
 
ConwayGamecock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 17,120
CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

And I'm wrong too, which is fine - I often am - but it still is confusing that Charleston was always shown by the official athletic department website as having one more year of eligibility for 2019. That was the case in how they listed him in 2017, 2016, etc., which was what made it confusing to me.

Sounds like a communication disconnect between compliance and the AD, but Charleston should have known that he was enrolled in another school prior to transferring to USC. Javon should have been listed as a RS-Senior this year, instead of a RS-Junior.....

In any case, Javon has been enrolled at USC for 4 years, and should have his college degree by now. Wish him good fortune for his future.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:01 AM   #23
TaySC
Household Name
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 6,673
CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

The problem that this presents is that whether the Compliance Office messed up or not, you have USC football players retweeting Charleston’s claims. We all know that people will believe what they want to believe, so this gives USC a proverbial black eye, regardless.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #24
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT
 
CockyLifer's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Grand Strand SC
Posts: 6,057
CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
The problem that this presents is that whether the Compliance Office messed up or not, you have USC football players retweeting Charleston’s claims. We all know that people will believe what they want to believe, so this gives USC a proverbial black eye, regardless.

Well I disagree with this statement but that is fine for you to feel this way. As porous as our defense has been this guy played how much exactly? Couldn't get his grades right to enroll here at first then we give him a scholarship after he seems to be on the right path; then he is at 2 am going and beating up a young lady? This is a guy we are supposed to believe is giving our University "a proverbial black eye" this guys is a bad egg my friend. He is trying to get attention that is all if our players are giving it to him "sarcastic high five javon".



Now go away young man our school did everything in it's power to help you be a better individual and now you are crapping on us in public.


Good riddance!
__________________
Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #25
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC
 
pitchcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 4,241
CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Not sure what is up with all the posters here immediately standing by the compliance office on this, and against Javon. If there is such a question about Javon not understanding like he is supposed to, that his playing eligibility is up, then why was he classified as a redshirt junior on the official athletics website all year long? Javon has nothing to do with dictating how his official bio should be represented....

Why was Javon listed as a red-shirt sophomore last season, when he only had one more year of eligibility? Why was Javon listed as a red-shirt freshman for 2016, if he only had two more years?

His bio shows he joined the program as a true freshman walk-on in 2015 as a WR, red-shirted that year, then had three (3) years of actual playing eligibility, in 2016, 2017, and 2018. And now he says his playing eligibility is over at USC?

Something is not right, but it sounds like to me Javon still wants to play at USC. It could just be that the staff is pushign him to move on, but then he's a safety now, right? USC was deathly thin at the position this season, and the list of remaining prospects to take Javon's place grows more thin with every passing week. Javon is at a position of need for 2019.....
If he’s out of eligibility here then he’s out of eligibility anywhere he transfers to. You only get 5 years (or 6 with injury hardship), doesn’t matter if you’re D1 or D2.

Sounds like there’s more to the story.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #26
sandstorm2001
Household Name
 
sandstorm2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charleston
Posts: 6,940
CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

So there's nothing we could have done to allow him another year here. Rereading his tweet, he may have only been complaining that they misclassified him so he wasn't aware that he was going to have to transfer, not trying to blame them for the transfer itself.
__________________
sandstorm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #27
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT
 
CockyLifer's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Grand Strand SC
Posts: 6,057
CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
So there's nothing we could have done to allow him another year here. Rereading his tweet, he may have only been complaining that they misclassified him so he wasn't aware that he was going to have to transfer, not trying to blame them for the transfer itself.

Ok explain how he was "misclassified" please.
__________________
Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #28
TaySC
Household Name
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 6,673
CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Well I disagree with this statement but that is fine for you to feel this way. As porous as our defense has been this guy played how much exactly? Couldn't get his grades right to enroll here at first then we give him a scholarship after he seems to be on the right path; then he is at 2 am going and beating up a young lady? This is a guy we are supposed to believe is giving our University "a proverbial black eye" this guys is a bad egg my friend. He is trying to get attention that is all if our players are giving it to him "sarcastic high five javon".



Now go away young man our school did everything in it's power to help you be a better individual and now you are crapping on us in public.


Good riddance!

I have no problem with him being done at USC. In fact, I think it is an open scholarship and a chance to upgrade.


You completely missed the point of my post, however. The point was that some CURRENT players that are respectable have retweeted his complaints. That is never a good thing and can lead to division in the locker room, more stories coming out in the papers/internet, etc... (i.e. black eye).
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #29
Absfract
World Traveler
 
Absfract's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 969
CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

I wish I could say good riddance to a few fans and their bullshit opinions about USC players...
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #30
Gamecock303
2nd Team All-SEC
 
Gamecock303's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 2,572
CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
If he’s out of eligibility here then he’s out of eligibility anywhere he transfers to. You only get 5 years (or 6 with injury hardship), doesn’t matter if you’re D1 or D2.

Sounds like there’s more to the story.
it does matter whether you are talking about D1 or D2. D1 uses straight years for determining eligibility. So if Charleston first enrolled in a school in August of 2014 his eligibility clock would be up August of 2019 meaning he could not play next season despite the fact that he has only played 3 seasons here (plus a redshirt). At the Div 2 level they go by semesters enrolled as a full time student or part time (if competing). So if he was only enrolled full time/PT as a player for 9 semesters at this point he would have 1 more semester to finish up his 4 seasons of eligibility at the D2 level.

As far as I know at the D1 level nothing stops your eligibility clock once you enroll it keeps going whether you stay enrolled in a school or not. At the D2 level you could enroll for a year then take a year or two off (without being a student) and you would still have 8 semesters left to play out your remaining seasons of eligibility.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #31
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT
 
CockyLifer's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Grand Strand SC
Posts: 6,057
CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
I wish I could say good riddance to a few fans and their bullshit opinions about USC players...

Well he's not a USC player so what do you speak of? You took offense to how I feel about a former player that we did absolutely everything to help him become successful and he still shits on us on his way out.


Personally I almost always support the players as a non perfect person myself I understand we all make mistakes. He did not need to blame the University for doing what it should have done so we don't get shut down or sanctions of some sort. One player that has repeatedly not done things right is not greater than our entire program. We did what we could for him and he is looking for someone to blame he just misguided his anger at the school when he needs to get his ass in front of the mirror with the finger he points.
__________________
Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #32
German cock
Walk On
 
German cock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Columbia
Posts: 20
CockyCash: 500
German cock has hatched from the shell
Thumbs up Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Well he's not a USC player so what do you speak of? You took offense to how I feel about a former player that we did absolutely everything to help him become successful and he still shits on us on his way out.


Personally I almost always support the players as a non perfect person myself I understand we all make mistakes. He did not need to blame the University for doing what it should have done so we don't get shut down or sanctions of some sort. One player that has repeatedly not done things right is not greater than our entire program. We did what we could for him and he is looking for someone to blame he just misguided his anger at the school when he needs to get his ass in front of the mirror with the finger he points.
Well said Sir, well said .
German cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #33
Cocky2001
Two Deep
 
Cocky2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,194
CockyCash: 800
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

The Compliance Office may have screwed up with his classification...may have...but the ultimate responsibility for knowing a person's status regarding NCAA eligibility rests with the player. I know that the NCAA will send prospective college athletes a copy of the rules and regulations...or at least they used to. The athlete gets 5 years to play 4, that's it (with some exceptions)...the university will restock their teams each year. Sounds like a little personal responsibility would have gone a long way for this kid. First off, he could have taken care of business in high school and this would have never been an issue, but ultimately, once in this situation, knowing the rules for eligibility would have helped him navigate his career better. I find it totally irresponsible on his part for him to not know his status. Even if he was told wrong somewhere along the line, he should have taken the initiative to know on his own since this is/was his career. The information was out there for him.
__________________
"Fear causes hesitation,
And hesitation causes
Your worst fears
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #34
sc455
Heisman Candidate
 
sc455's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 16,250
CockyCash: 200
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

javon has had a sad ending here at carolina. i hope he gets the professional help he seems to need.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #35
sandstorm2001
Household Name
 
sandstorm2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charleston
Posts: 6,940
CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Ok explain how he was "misclassified" please.
It sounds like they may have thought he was a redshirt junior when he was really a redshirt senior. That would be a misclassification. Its not our fault that he can't play D1 next year, so I don't see that it's a huge deal. Not sure why you seem so defensive about it.
__________________
sandstorm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #36
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC
 
pitchcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 4,241
CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
it does matter whether you are talking about D1 or D2. D1 uses straight years for determining eligibility. So if Charleston first enrolled in a school in August of 2014 his eligibility clock would be up August of 2019 meaning he could not play next season despite the fact that he has only played 3 seasons here (plus a redshirt). At the Div 2 level they go by semesters enrolled as a full time student or part time (if competing). So if he was only enrolled full time/PT as a player for 9 semesters at this point he would have 1 more semester to finish up his 4 seasons of eligibility at the D2 level.

As far as I know at the D1 level nothing stops your eligibility clock once you enroll it keeps going whether you stay enrolled in a school or not. At the D2 level you could enroll for a year then take a year or two off (without being a student) and you would still have 8 semesters left to play out your remaining seasons of eligibility.

Gotcha, thanks. Learned something new.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #37
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC
 
Three and Out's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,328
CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Not sure what is up with all the posters here immediately standing by the compliance office on this, and against Javon. If there is such a question about Javon not understanding like he is supposed to, that his playing eligibility is up, then why was he classified as a redshirt junior on the official athletics website all year long? Javon has nothing to do with dictating how his official bio should be represented....

Why was Javon listed as a red-shirt sophomore last season, when he only had one more year of eligibility? Why was Javon listed as a red-shirt freshman for 2016, if he only had two more years?

His bio shows he joined the program as a true freshman walk-on in 2015 as a WR, red-shirted that year, then had three (3) years of actual playing eligibility, in 2016, 2017, and 2018. And now he says his playing eligibility is over at USC?

Something is not right, but it sounds like to me Javon still wants to play at USC. It could just be that the staff is pushign him to move on, but then he's a safety now, right? USC was deathly thin at the position this season, and the list of remaining prospects to take Javon's place grows more thin with every passing week. Javon is at a position of need for 2019.....
He took some classes before enrolling at Carolina and didn’t tell admissions about it. Carolina caught it fortunately. For once, it was not Carolina’s fault. Javon also tweeted something today and very complementary of Carolina and his entire time here. Not at all negative as some on here have said.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #38
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT
 
CockyLifer's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Grand Strand SC
Posts: 6,057
CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
It sounds like they may have thought he was a redshirt junior when he was really a redshirt senior. That would be a misclassification. Its not our fault that he can't play D1 next year, so I don't see that it's a huge deal. Not sure why you seem so defensive about it.

Well could have been anyone who typed that into the schools websites I honestly don't see any reason for Javon to call the school out for something "the school" did not do. That is all and it seems some things he said later were more indicative of how he views Carolina. One poster mentioned that this was gonna be a proverbial black eye about how we"USC" handled his whole ordeal here I believe is the part of the conversation you missed and what I was responding to. The reason I got defensive was because the school has clearly bent over backwards to give him every reason to excel. The school has done absolutely nothing negative to this young man. He on the other hand has not reciprocated the positive vibes.
__________________
Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #39
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American
 
Ace Dilcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mt. Pleasant
Posts: 12,012
CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

I think the issue is that he/we could have applied for a 6th year of eligibilty if he did not play his first year and he was hurt in another year. He may have assumed that had already happened and he had another year. It also might be that it is too late to apply - I don't think that you wait until eligibility is up and then ask for another year. Stanley, for example was approved for a 6th year before the season.

We may have not wanted to get him another year because of the incoming players and lack of scholarship numbers.

He was a big contributor for a former walk-on. He played a lot of Safety and was good on special teams.
__________________
PFW79 was right
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #40
thekob
Heisman Winner
 
thekob's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 27,942
CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: Compliance Office Screwup????

Sounds like someone dropped the ball...I'd assume the compliance office since the understanding by Charleton and I'd assume the coaches (based on the roster) was that he had an extra year of eligibility.

The statement from the compliance office doesn't address this, they just say that they didn't cost him a year of eligibility....a claim no one is making.

IF this is the case, and I were Muschamp, I'd be pissed. Imagine planning you had a DB eligible next year and then find out in January that you don't.
__________________
GOD
USA
SEC
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Provided by SLB Development