CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
USCBatgirl21
Does Deebo Return Ne (601)
South Carolina vs. L (580)
A Win vs A Loss (516)
Coach Staley's big w (461)
Allisha Gray WNBA RO (333)
TJ Shook (303)
‘Mad Pooper’ Jogger (192)
Wal*Mart customers s (172)
Cocky Cash (168)
Jake LaMotta, Real-L (90)
2017 Baseball Recruiting
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
Allisha Gray WNBA ROY!!
Remembering Kenny
Does Deebo Return Next Se
Crowd Against La Tech
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Ole Miss Rebels could swa
2018 MBB - Simisola "
South Carolina vs. Louisi

Old 07-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Some Nice News On Incoming Players

The 6th annual SC Pro Am Tournament is underway, and many Gamecocks are again participating. This linked WACH Fox 57 article focuses on Frank Booker and David Beatty, plus some video of returning players and their thoughts on the newcomers:

http://wach.com/sports/usc-gamecocks...s-at-sc-pro-am

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Some Nice News On Incoming Players

This is the website that has all the results, schedules, and stats for the SC Pro Am:

https://www.recleague.net/leagues/scproam

Currently through 2 gms, Silva is leading the tournament with 28.5 ppg and 6.0 blocks per gm, and is 2nd with 9.0 rebounds per gm....
Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
ipull4usc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

John Whittle reporting that Doumbia is not in school and may not be admitted. Crap!

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

seems like we have such terrible off seasons in men's basketball.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
John Whittle reporting that Doumbia is not in school and may not be admitted. Crap!
Now that's nice news.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #6
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
How in the world are we just now hearing about this? It's not like it's just a minor thing, Doumbia was being counted on to probably log significant minutes this year.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Jamie Shaw says the staff that Doumbia will make it in so no need to panic yet. Let's just wait and see what happens before wringing our hands about it.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #8
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Kornblut:
Quote:
All of USC’s basketball signee are on campus for summer school except for 6-7 Ibrahim Doumbia of Mali who attended high school in Miami. USC coach Frank Martin said Monday night Doumbia’s transcript remains in the hands of the NCAA Clearinghouse and he believes he eventually will be approved. “We’re optimistic there, we’re just waiting for all the normal things to process the way they need to be processed. They had to do some extra work on some stuff and doing their due diligence. He didn’t graduate from high school until the middle of June, so they don’t start all this stuff that they do until the young people have graduated. We had to wait until the middle of June for them to start their process, so we couldn’t get him in for the second summer (school session).”
http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2017...book-july-18th
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #9
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

When you are dealing with kids who are from another country and come to the US to go to school there is always something to deal with. No panic here. CFM says he should be OK to come to school so Im good.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #10
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 920476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornblut View Post
All of USC’s basketball signee are on campus for summer school except for 6-7 Ibrahim Doumbia of Mali who attended high school in Miami. USC coach Frank Martin said Monday night Doumbia’s transcript remains in the hands of the NCAA Clearinghouse and he believes he eventually will be approved. “We’re optimistic there, we’re just waiting for all the normal things to process the way they need to be processed. They had to do some extra work on some stuff and doing their due diligence. He didn’t graduate from high school until the middle of June, so they don’t start all this stuff that they do until the young people have graduated. We had to wait until the middle of June for them to start their process, so we couldn’t get him in for the second summer (school session).”
http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2017...book-july-18th
Disclaimer: I know it isn't so, and we probably have no more student athletes go through this clearing house than any other school, BUT;

It sure seems like the NCAA has a whole clearing house division dedicated to USC sports. We seem to have more kids get hung up in that than anyone else!

Here's hoping Doumbia gets in without issue.
92Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

I heard Frank on Sportstalk last night. He didn't indicate that he was worried Doumbia might not be admitted.

Frank did say he was going to design the offense around the strengths of the players. And he said he thought this team might be a better shooting team than last year's team was. He said he is excited about the possibilities. Tom Hayes spoke to Frank about seeing Haase in the Pro-Am and Frank said Haase is different than any of the bigs Frank has had at USC. I think he was referring to his passing and shooting abilities.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #12
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

I heard Frank on Sportstalk last night. He didn't indicate that he was worried Doumbia might not be admitted.

Frank did say he was going to design the offense around the strengths of the players. And he said he thought this team might be a better shooting team than last year's team was. He said he is excited about the possibilities. Tom Hayes spoke to Frank about seeing Haase in the Pro-Am and Frank said Haase is different than any of the bigs Frank has had at USC. I think he was referring to his passing and shooting abilities.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #13
rrsandersjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot materialrrsandersjr is USC mascot material

Here's what Carey Rich said about Haase,
Felipe Haase continues to impress me. As he continues to get bigger and stronger, you’ll see the combination of Minda Kacinas and Michael Carrera at that power forward or stretch four/hybrid position. While he’s a capable shooter like Kacinas was and not as athletic as Carrera, he’s a gifted passer. He’s a highly skilled guy because of his passing/shooting and will be fun to watch at some point. Obviously, he will have to get stronger but I really like what I see from him.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Hope that a late enrollment won't put Doumbia too far behind in development. I think that's what cost Keita... having to play catch-up on a team that was already gelling without him after his injury. He seemed to never be able to catch up to what was going on around him.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #15
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Nice?
Y Formation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #16
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
Nice?
I can't control what others post into a thread I initiate. What I posted was nice news, yes. If people want to post news about natural disasters or war casualties in my thread, that doesn't mean I'm including those into what I posted. This site dwells on the negativity and psychotic, so I could've started a thread about pretty flowers, and the first post responding to it would be pictures of rotting corpses.....

I see nothing to be concerned about at all, with Doumbia: he graduated late from high school, the process from the clearinghouse started late as a result, and the clearing of his transcript by the clearinghouse will be late as a result as well. It actually sounds logical once you find a way to look past all the hysteria and panic....
Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #17
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I can't control what others post into a thread I initiate. What I posted was nice news, yes. If people want to post news about natural disasters or war casualties in my thread, that doesn't mean I'm including those into what I posted. This site dwells on the negativity and psychotic, so I could've started a thread about pretty flowers, and the first post responding to it would be pictures of rotting corpses.....

I see nothing to be concerned about at all, with Doumbia: he graduated late from high school, the process from the clearinghouse started late as a result, and the clearing of his transcript by the clearinghouse will be late as a result as well. It actually sounds logical once you find a way to look past all the hysteria and panic....
I wasn't directing my comment to you, but the others that chimed in with the usual garbage.

here's some good news about our players and how they have performed at the SC Pro-Am...

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/B...o-Am-103103298

Especially Frank Booker and Justin Minaya.

Sorry Conway, just saw your post above about the pro-am.. Anyway, it looks like we definitely have some shooters/ scorers this year. If the defense stays good, we could have a special team once again this year.
Y Formation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #18
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

I don't know how much you can tell from the Pro-Am, but Chris is really scoring, big time.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #19
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I don't know how much you can tell from the Pro-Am, but Chris is really scoring, big time.
He's our best shooter if he can stay out of foul trouble this year.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 920476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
He's our best shooter if he can stay out of foul trouble this year.
He shines when out from under the SEC refs with their eyes locked in on him, whistles at the ready.
92Pony is online now   Reply With Quote