CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
MountainCock
ucan'tlickourcocks
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Ace Dilcock
TastyLicks
2k15
24 in the CFP rankin (2595)
Sumlin Out at A& (1416)
My take (890)
Can we run the ball? (766)
MLB Hammers the Atla (539)
The Best Christmas M (423)
Patrick Davis-big ol (409)
Congratulations (248)
David Cassidy Dies (190)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (94)
Sumlin Out at A&M
2018 - Dorian Gerald
Congratulations
Can we run the ball?
24 in the CFP rankings
MLB Hammers the Atlanta B
Can somebody design me a
New Smart TV
My take
Coaching carousel: 2017-1

Old 11-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default I believe that we will beat Clemson.

Hard work and discipline always pays off. I believe that the kids will give their best effort and win the turnover battle and win the game.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5666
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: I believe that we will beat Clemson.

TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Well, Georgia’s coach, Smart, was quoted as saying he thinks we’ll win out!!
It is possible, albeit not probably!!
But if they play like they are capable of playing they can do it!!! Being at home will definitely help!!!
It would be REAL nice to ruin their chance of a playoff spot!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPitRphBallCoach rules the CockPit

We will do a better job of competing this year and will continue our streak of holding our opponent to under 30 points. Yes I know we have one more game before the Clemtech game.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 28000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I agree. We will win this game.

And it will be f-cking beautiful.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #6
Blackland
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
Well, Georgia’s coach, Smart, was quoted as saying he thinks we’ll win out!!
It is possible, albeit not probably!!
But if they play like they are capable of playing they can do it!!! Being at home will definitely help!!!
It would be REAL nice to ruin their chance of a playoff spot!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart probably though he would win out as well.

It is possible to win, we will need better QB play than we had against UF. We will have to find a way to run the ball consistently. We will need our injured DB's back.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #7
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Smart probably though he would win out as well.

It is possible to win, we will need better QB play than we had against UF. We will have to find a way to run the ball consistently. We will need our injured DB's back.
Jake won't be sick. Clemson is vulnerable to the deep pass.
But, yes, we MUST be able to make short down and distances via rushing the ball and extend drives into deeper territory, ensuring either touchdowns, short, successfully made fgs, and, at worst, leave them with the ball deep in their territory, and, above all, consume clock.

We can do it.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1851285
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think we'll see Jake keep the ball on some of those options, especially in the second half and our running game will set up the pass enough to keep the tater offense off the field. I've been telling my friends at work that if we can avoid any major injuries the rest of the year we have a good chance to beat them. And our guys have the extra motivation from the beat down last year. But I was hoping Deebo would be back for the game.
They are definitely beatable. I can imagine them watching the uga/Auburn game and thinking "Damn, I'm glad we caught Auburn early in the year."
GamecockInHell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #9
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

My feelings wouldn't be too hurt if FSU beat Clemson last saturday, but to be honest with you i want us to be the ones to do it.

To ****ing ruin and end their season.

To make Dabo whine and look depressed in his post-game interview

To take a top 25 ranking

To show all those in state recruits who's really on the rise

To beat a playoff team

To bring our program on the rise

God i can already taste it. We can do it. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #10
scfan2001
I'm comin for u

Male

scfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot material

Would be nice, but our offense isn’t firing on all cylinders and hasn’t all year.
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #11
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Hoping pages 3-4 of the playbook come out for Clemson... also would like to see Bentley rocking #4
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #12
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000000500
gsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudly

After the game last year the players said we will NOT be outworked we will NOT be out hustled . I believe and have since summer this game this year will be a real hit um in the mouth game from us. Orange will feel the wrath of the trash talking that was going on last year. Our guys have done a lot of growing up.
gsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #13
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 250200
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I don't know if we'll beat them, but they are beatable.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 PM   #14
Blackland
Bowl MVP

Male

Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

The games where we really beat the Taters down under SOS we had a hard running game that ground them down (we had a QB that could run it) and we had brutal defenses that punished the Taters on every play. We had aggressive DB’s who made them pay. The last two years their WR’s made our DB’s Pay.

Who will pay this year?
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #15
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Defense will be good enough if they contain Bryant, but Roper has to call a perfect game and we have to execute. Bentley has to complete passes early. Win the turnover battle and good special teams play. Parker has to make his field goals.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #16
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
The games where we really beat the Taters down under SOS we had a hard running game that ground them down (we had a QB that could run it) and we had brutal defenses that punished the Taters on every play. We had aggressive DB’s who made them pay. The last two years their WR’s made our DB’s Pay.

Who will pay this year?
We beat them with the passing game and good D in 2012.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

roosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
Parker has to make his field goals.
Not hating, but it made me chuckle cause it's true.
roosterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #18
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

The stars are aligning. Clemson seems to be struggling a bit more towards the end of the season. USC is finding a running game. No injuries this weekend hopefully and we have a pretty healthy team heading into the game. Night game. ESPN. Muschamp knows he can make a national statement on the program and his career. Dabo and co. realize they have zero room for error to make the playoffs. And even if they do win, they still have got to know that Miami is waiting for them. Muschamp and T Rob have seen the Clemson offense and gotten a game under their belt. There's nothing new there. I like our secondary with King, Fenton, Lammons, and Williams on the field. Skai needs an int or two.

I'm convinced.
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #19
WinthropGamecock31
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1770
WinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his combWinthropGamecock31 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I don't know if we'll beat them, but they are beatable.
+1
WinthropGamecock31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Not saying any of this has anything to do with our chances at success vs. the taters, but it is interesting to note the correlation between our number of wins in a season and success against them. I saw somebody bring it up a while back and then again someone brought it up recently. So just out of curiosity, I ran the numbers while I was bored at work. (Unfortunately I left the data on my work computer. I'll post it once I get back in the office.)

Going back to the 50's, each season with 6+ wins saw us winning just a little over 50% of the time. At 7+, it jumps to around 75%. I think 8+ wins was over 80% in our favor. (I can't quite remember that one for some reason.) And we have a 100% win percentage when we hit 9+ wins on the season.

Now as we all know, correlation does not equal causation, so take those numbers with a grain of slat. (hehe) It is funny to look at though, especially when those history buffs come out to play.