CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
gotrice?
Master Bedroom
Ironfan
Order 66
rt3891
Senior Rooster
TaySC
Cocky2001
Blackland
Week 8: Around Colle (984)
The difference in ou (572)
NCAAF: NC STATE @ CL (149)
NCAAF: MISS STATE @ (111)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ TEN (104)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (103)
NCAAF: AUBURN @ OLE (77)
NCAAF: FAU @ MARSHAL (57)
hard credit inquiry. (39)
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
UGA Dropping 4 Star Playe
Week 8: Around College Fo
Muschamp's signature win
In-game adjustments, conf
Convince me these are all
A Few Thoughts On This Se
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2020 Commitment - Luke Do
2019 - Jalen Perry

Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Blitzkrieg
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material
Default Do you work out?

I'm going into year 3 of a fairly rigorous workout routine. In a typical week I workout 6 times. 3 times consist of weight lifting, 8 machines of which 7 are upper body and 1 for crunches. 20 reps per machine, 2 sets of reps. The other 3 times I ride my bicycle for around 15 miles per session although I have ridden around 20 miles numerous times and as much as 25 miles on several occasions.

My work out year runs from July 23 to July 22 only because that's when I started with the bike riding. Last year I rode 1902 miles. I have a goal this year to break the 2000 mile barrier. I'm currently on a good pace as I have 1142.6 miles logged. The first year I did 1512 miles. That's gives me a total of 4556.6 miles ridden since July 23, 2015!

The health results have been pretty amazing. When I started my A1C was at 6.9, the last 3 times it's been checked it has been 5.5, 5.7, and 5.5 respectively. My primary doctor wanted me to have a stress test about 6 weeks ago because of my age, (I'll be 64 on the 19th of this month) and the cardiologist was amazed at my test as my normal resting heart rate was 58. They wanted me to see if I could get my heart rate to 132 on the tread mill during the test and I actually got it to 144 without any problem. Doc said my heart was in great shape. He didn't ask me if I worked out, he asked me how much DID I work out!

All of this is in addition to my normal lifestyle which consists of the normal yard work as well as canoeing and bow and arrow shooting. My job also involves a lot of climbing up and down ladders, carrying and moving various HVAC parts and equipment. Through it all I've also lost about 16 pounds but another side benefit of all of this working out is that I eat pretty much whatever I want.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you work out?

Yup....varies. Gym, bike, run, and hike. But I'm still a slacker and have struggled to get back in the gym since Thanksgiving.

Hiking is something hard to find in the east....out west there are plenty places to hike and the dry air really helps since you're out longer. There are days when the air is to die for. One of the reasons I moved to AZ.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I ran 800 Miles last year according to my Garmin watch. That was just recorded running activities. I think it might be more in the range of 850-900 as there was a period where I had to replace my watch and was without it and also I didn’t record when I ran on the treadmill.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I've been going to gym consistently since Feb of 2015. I started to get in better shape and lose weight. Problem for me is that I'm not strict enough on my diet and nutrition to really get where I need to be. My weight looks like a sine wave as it fluctuates based on diet and the amount of cardio I do. For the past year or so, I've been focused more on strength training and have really seen some improvement in that area. I love lifting weights. That's become an addiction and kind of a daily therapy. The current program in on has some 1 rep max testing coming up, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I’ve been seriously working out since 2013. Lift weights about 5 times per week and really need to get more cardio in although I’ll occassionaly shoot hoops and try to play racquetball at least once a week. I started a new program today where I’m really trying to focus on my diet to help get me where I want.

It really makes a world of a difference when you fuel your body with proper nutrition. It’s amazing how many aches, pains, ailments a good diet cures.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #6
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 3000
tgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot material

I work out minimum 4 out 7 days a week hitting all muscle groups (to include some light cardio on incline treadmill). My cardio comes from me still skateboarding so I can focus most of my gym time on weight training.

Be ye advised...being 45 and busting ones ass hurts 20 fold over the glory days of our youth. Though I will never yield!!
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #7
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 400
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Just switched to a circuit training workout that uses medicine balls, TRX straps, etc. It takes about 65 minutes and it is an amazing workout!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:43 AM   #8
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Yup....varies. Gym, bike, run, and hike. But I'm still a slacker and have struggled to get back in the gym since Thanksgiving.

Hiking is something hard to find in the east....out west there are plenty places to hike and the dry air really helps since you're out longer. There are days when the air is to die for. One of the reasons I moved to AZ.
Harder for me to hit the gym these days. I play softball every week and coach baseball and soccer so I'm active. I used to lift weights and do the gym but life is too busy for that and I prefer staying active in other ways.

Love to be outdoors and to hike. You're right. So many great places to hike and weather is good too out west. I'm heading to the northern California coast in a week and a half and I can't wait.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Personal Trainer Impressed By Man’s Improved Excuses

SAN JOSE, CA—Acknowledging that the progress made in such a short amount of time was remarkable, Club One Fitness personal trainer Logan Kaiser told reporters Tuesday he is very impressed by the improvement in both the strength and consistency of his client’s excuses. “He’s starting to come along; a few months ago he had really weak pretenses for not sticking to a workout plan, but he’s put in a lot of effort and now he’s sporting much more robust and powerful justifications,” said Kaiser of 36-year-old software engineer Jeffrey McGann, noting that the gym member’s exculpatory anecdotes had already tripled in size and were becoming far more difficult to verify. “After seeing how he struggled early on with a simple excuse about traffic, it’s gratifying to see him push himself and dig deep for rationalizations that more believably exonerate him. And you can tell it’s gotten a lot easier. His total commitment to tackling a long, grueling story about how construction in his neighborhood aggravated his dust mite allergies was outstanding.” At press time, Kaiser expressed concern after learning that McGann would be unable to make it to the gym due to an unspecified workplace emergency.
https://local.theonion.com/personal-...ocialMarketing

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

nope
Old 01-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Started Burn Boot Camp in August. LOVE it.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #12
GoldenSpur7
obscurum per obscurius

Male

CockyCash: 4951
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Started Burn Boot Camp in August. LOVE it.
Lol, I've seen that over in Forest Acres, thought it was a medical clinic for burn victims, or something.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #14
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Make sure to do your squats woman like a man with an ass

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #15
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

New bench press max today. 255 lbs! That's nothing compared to a lot of the guys at my gym, but I'm pretty proud of that.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #16
Blitzkrieg
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
New bench press max today. 255 lbs! That's nothing compared to a lot of the guys at my gym, but I'm pretty proud of that.
Great job!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #17
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Effin A, Cotton!

Old 03-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #18
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #19
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Effin A, Cotton!

Thanks guys! From being plateaued at 225 for the longest time, makes all the work I've put in worth it.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #20
AtlGAMECOCK
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I used to work out 6 times a week but our 2nd and 3rd kid got me out of routine and it's been 3 years since I've been able to. I'm hoping I can get back into before my 3rd turns 2. I've got a year to get going. Pray for me to get going