CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cocky2001
SC Gamecock
kingofnerf
JDStud6
ACPhilson
sporkgod50
Flameout12
Blitzkrieg
CockyLifer
taylorssc
Perhaps a Solution.. (1959)
Battling Apathy (1553)
I knew we were going (1311)
Luck ran out yesterd (290)
Man run over by lawn (184)
The Chefs vs the Pat (136)
Thoughts/Prayers App (43)
Worst case scenario (15)
Perhaps a Solution...
Jake Bentley or Bust
Worst case scenario
Battling Apathy
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
Current State Of Gamecock
**USC (3-2) vs. Texas A&a
I knew we were going to l
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
What’s up with the onside

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
GSC2013
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material
Default USC vs Coastal: Odds CCU ever becomes true 3rd SC rivalry team?

Related to first game vs Coastal: CCU is now officially FBS (I still prefer 1-A vs 1-AA but whatever). What are the odds Coastal ever becomes a true 3rd power team in SC along with USC and Clemson? They’re in the Sun Belt with Appalachian State and Id argue App State has become a legit FBS team within their state comparable to UNC and NCSU, for sure.

Will Coastal EVER come close to being good enough to make the Palmetto State bragging rights a true 3 way competition???

They have the appeal of being near Myrtle Beach which is very easy to sell to 18 year old kids. But very little history outside of their highly successful years in FCS/1-AA. Stadium is sub par by FBS standard but so is App States and they’re doing well anyway.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC vs Coastal: Odds CCU ever becomes true 3rd SC rivalry team?

No
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1500000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

No Way... Furman would have a better CHANCE.... Unfortunately... maybe even Citadel
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Well if the start a big fight and do some other unsportsmanlike actions, they might become an instant rival. But very unlikely.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Possibly in 20-30 years there is already tons of students at coastal from all over and its increasing extremely rapidly as the yankee mass exodus continues to our once quaint grand strand however they will have to move their stadium. I ride by it pretty regularly and it looks as if they are expanding it as we speak however it is right on highway 544 and this construction they are doing right now I have no clue how they will make it fit as far as I know they can't build stands over a highway correct? When I've been up north there is buildings over the road maybe they can do a stand over the road but highway 544 is the main road into surfside beach and I don't see the little local college having the sway to have the highway moved. It takes the dot 15 years to get a few overpasses opened down here lol.

But we and the ugly urange folks are safe from the mighty chanticleers football powerhouse for quite a while. But we are giving them online bulletin board material to come out and aim for the kneecaps like the volunteers do against us.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #6
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I think they could. However, it would be more important for them than us for sure. I would compare it to say ECU and NC State. ECU is a pretty big University, but in terms of importance it would be very similar.

CCU is growing rapidly, but it will take some more time for them to get settled into the big league. I could see them in the American Conference at some point though. They would probably never make it in to any of the major conferences.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #7
roosterdude21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3212019568
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

That's a great question. I have a close friend that works in Coastal's athletics department and she tells me they are pushing hard to become a power within the state. They currently don't get a ton of respect but they are actively trying to change that.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:01 PM   #8
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Not anytime soon. FCS to FBS is a tough transition. And even when they do get settled and get something going in the Sun Belt, there will always be a talent gap.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #9
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I don't see it anytime soon. And up in NC, ECU is way closer to NCST and UNC than App State.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:26 PM   #10
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Not anytime soon but they've risen to FBS so they'd be a candidate if they can continue to better their program. They certainly have a better chance than any other team in the state.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:27 PM   #11
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 999980500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

About as likely as GaSouthern, S. Alabama, and Southern Miss doing the same in their states with one of their two bigger FBS schools. Not happening.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 PM   #12
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

No, because they will never be in a P5 conference; they will always be the fake roosters.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #13
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Old 08-10-2018, 01:33 AM   #14
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 546006921135
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I think something like FAU is their ceiling, not even a South Florida or Central Florida.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #15
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I think something like FAU is their ceiling, not even a South Florida or Central Florida.
Depending on how things go at FAU that ceiling may get raised up quite a bit. Lane Kiffin may be a gigantic asshat but he's raising that school's profile and if he stays a bit longer they could string together some conference titles and maybe be that non Power 5 team playing on NYD.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:07 AM   #16
evilpoptart
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 950309
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I'd rather have coastal or ecu in the sec than missouri
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #17
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I bet they give us a scare with all the offensive changes. You know they will be coming in like this is the Super Bowl.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #18
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I bet they give us a scare with all the offensive changes. You know they will be coming in like this is the Super Bowl.
I'll be interested to see how it plays out. I get what you're saying about the offensive changes but this style of offense could also increase the level of blowout that it is. If our defense can get some stops early I think we run away with the game, if they can't it could be a contest in the 2nd half.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:34 AM   #19
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Coastal is interesting. They won't rival us or Clemson in football for a very, very long time. If ever...maybe. But they proved their chops to some extent by winning the CWS in 2016. There was a time when we would have scoffed at them in baseball as well.

That campus is stunning and the location is unbeatable, just 20 minutes from the beach. The football is stadium is small, but very attractive.

CCU is absolutely laser-focused on growth and are seemingly doing everything right. If you told someone 20 years ago that we'd be playing CCU for our home opener in football in 20 years, they'd have laughed in your face...b/c CCU didn't even field a football team until 2003. Now they're in FBS. They aren't screwing around.

If I were in USC's AD, I wouldn't be worried about them as a rival......but I'd be keeping an eye on them.

Last edited by Lancelot; 08-10-2018 at 07:59 AM..
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #20
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I'd rather have coastal or ecu in the sec than missouri
The SEC isn't going to add small potatoes schools like that. Mizzou adds 2 large TV markets; they're only leaving if by their own accord.