CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockinraleigh
InletCock1989
NinjaSven
gotrice?
Ahmad
Captain9Dragons
The Yancey
RGHoskins
TKE226
MEL
Jake Bentley analysi (972)
**USC vs. Louisiana (852)
Today is a MUST WIN; (481)
Gameday Guide: Louis (191)
Carmelo to OKC (85)
2 tickets LaTech Wes (17)
Wofford Tickets (7)
Can we stop trying t (0)
**USC vs. Louisiana Tech
Can we stop trying to go
College Football 2017
Today is a MUST WIN; What
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Jake Bentley analysis
Gameday Guide: Louisiana
Carmelo to OKC
Offensive Thoughts
Qb's under pressure SEC

Old 09-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #41
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3076031485
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Harvick: Dale Jr stunted NASCAR's growth

I can hear it from my house. Never been though.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #42
Pw00132
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot material

Coach Dawn Staley was at the race tonight. She rode in the pace car with Mark Martian. It sounds like she had a blast.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #43
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Just a little off topic. A lot of team owners are car dealers some very large multi brand dealers. So how is it they didn't go to France a few years and tell him sedans sales are falling off a cliff. Yet they race sedans every week. Conversely trucks are more popular than ever but truck races have low interest. So do they race mini-vans, crossovers, or SUV's? Maybe its just to late period.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #44
burr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his combburr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I can hear it from my house. Never been though.
pitiful (sorry, but dayum)
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #45
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 999963784
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
Just a little off topic. A lot of team owners are car dealers some very large multi brand dealers. So how is it they didn't go to France a few years and tell him sedans sales are falling off a cliff. Yet they race sedans every week. Conversely trucks are more popular than ever but truck races have low interest. So do they race mini-vans, crossovers, or SUV's? Maybe its just to late period.
Truck races have low interest due to the fact that no one knew the drivers.
If they had put the trucks in the "Big Race" I think it would have worked.

Also, I think they would do well to change to the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger type bodies to try and recapture some of the Manufacturer Loyalty crowd.

As a Chevy Man, it's hard to get excited about racing my 4 door Impala, (even though I do own one).
Old 09-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #46
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
The bad thing is the truck and Cup races may have close to the same low attendance next year.

My sister and BIL and I started to go this year, but she was sick and I had to be on call at work.

We didn't know how the weather was going to play out, either. I believe you actually have to go to the race to receive a refund if it gets rained out.

There was a time in the 1950s and 60s when people just went to the race for the spectacle and who raced was unimportant for the most part.

Go to Myrtle Beach for the last week of the summer and then see the race on the way back home.

The only bad thing about the night race is I would end up getting home at 3 or 4 in the morning if I didn't have a hotel room.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #47
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
pitiful (sorry, but dayum)
I usually have to work, so there's that.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #48
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
I usually have to work, so there's that.
Yep, and that's why there was a spring and fall race at the Southern tracks.

Because it was mostly working folks that went to the races.

Back then you had to buy your tickets almost a year in advance.

You went to the TransSouth 400 in the spring if you couldn't get tickets for the Southern 500 couldn't get off.

Many folks would go to the Daytona 500 in February and the Southern 500 in September. A week of vacation at Daytona Beach and a week at Myrtle Beach.

That worked out with the two weeks of vacation most folks get a year.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #49
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
Truck races have low interest due to the fact that no one knew the drivers.
If they had put the trucks in the "Big Race" I think it would have worked.

Also, I think they would do well to change to the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger type bodies to try and recapture some of the Manufacturer Loyalty crowd.

As a Chevy Man, it's hard to get excited about racing my 4 door Impala, (even though I do own one).

May they should give back to racing 'stock' cars.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #50
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
Yep, and that's why there was a spring and fall race at the Southern tracks.

Because it was mostly working folks that went to the races.

Back then you had to buy your tickets almost a year in advance.

You went to the TransSouth 400 in the spring if you couldn't get tickets for the Southern 500 couldn't get off.

Many folks would go to the Daytona 500 in February and the Southern 500 in September. A week of vacation at Daytona Beach and a week at Myrtle Beach.

That worked out with the two weeks of vacation most folks get a year.
I think Darlington used to get two races a year but one was moved for whatever reason. Most drivers prefer the super tracks now so I'm sure they weren't too heartbroken to see it go. They also only recently switched with Dover to get the September race. Good stuff.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #51
GamecockGuardsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 926100
GamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think Darlington used to get two races a year but one was moved for whatever reason. Most drivers prefer the super tracks now so I'm sure they weren't too heartbroken to see it go. They also only recently switched with Dover to get the September race. Good stuff.

Darlington deserves to have two races. Rockingham and North Wilksboro should still have races.
GamecockGuardsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #52
Pw00132
4-Star

Male

Pw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
May they should give back to racing 'stock' cars.
Maybe set up some Mustangs and Camaros. That would be interesting. Dodge could come back with the Challenger or Charger.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote