CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Three and Out
USCharleston2
gotrice?
kingofnerf
Cockhornleghorn
Flameout12
Ace Dilcock
RGHoskins
6pack
Wofford sounds confi (1400)
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1274)
NBA's 'one-and-done' (382)
Question For Techies (365)
Roger Goodell contra (357)
Using Up Egg Whites (333)
FAVORITE WILL MUSCHA (323)
Navy pilots draw a b (291)
WBB: Any news on BCM (285)
CTE and Fred McNeil (236)
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
**USC Women (2-0) vs. Cle
Using Up Egg Whites
Raise For Champ
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
WCBB: South Carolina @ Ma
2018 - Sam Bruce
2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2017 Puerto Rico Tip-Off:

Old 09-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #181
Schark
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Schark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot materialSchark is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tennessee vs Georgia Tech

Old 09-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #182
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162500
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I've seen posts and articles about our matchup with the Vols saying they owe us payback but little we forget:

2013 The bs Marquez North catch
2014 The 2 TD lead with 5 min left debacle
2015 Jerell Adams fumbling the ball to lose the comeback bid

All losses of 3 points or less.

We got one back but we still owe them a couple more as far as I'm concerned.
And in 2012 when they ended Lattimore's career when one of their players thought it would look cool to nail Marcus in the legs by the crown of their helmet.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #183
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 685200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

A funny picture deleted......smh
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:49 AM   #184
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Tennessee fans are happy cause they won the game. Fans of SEC schools should be happy because it just got a little harder for them to fire Butch. Everyone wins!

Got a feeling by about November they're gonna look back and say they were better off Tech making that field goal.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 AM   #185
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11028
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Tennessee fans are happy cause they won the game. Fans of SEC schools should be happy because it just got a little harder for them to fire Butch. Everyone wins!

Got a feeling by about November they're gonna look back and say they were better off Tech making that field goal.
That's why I was praying for a TN comeback....LOL

I was delighted when Johnson decided to go for to and the win (or in this case, the loss).
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #186
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Lots of haters in this thread!

Proud of the team for fighting back when it would have been easy to just pack it in and say who cares about this one.

The offense starting off understandably slow played right into GT's hands and allowed them to completely exhaust our D.

I don't think you can make sweeping generalizations on our D or O from this game.

I am less confident then I was before the game for sure but want to see us play UF before writing off a chance at competing for the East still.

We have some nice pieces, just need them to gel.

I also agree that Butch gets lucky as hell though, his clock management with TO's at the end of the 1st half and GT's last drive was just horrendously bad.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #187
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 232300
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Looks like I was one of the few gamecock fans that were pulling for the Vols last night.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #188
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Between the trash can stunt and Butch looking like Buzz from Home Alone, I see a lot of decommits in UTk's future.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #189
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Between the trash can stunt and Butch looking like Buzz from Home Alone, I see a lot of decommits in UTk's future.
Agree, that trash can thing was stupid looking and somebody's gonna get hurt pulling that stunt in a crowded sideline
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #190
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Tennersea has a lot of work to do. Not sure if it is coaching or players, but they have problems. Props to the come back. They could have packed it up but they didnt. GTs defense had NO business giving Tenneresea trouble. They are sneaking slow and little. Tennersea should have been able to run the ball down their throats and couldnt.
I love to watch GTs offense when it is running well. They will give a lot of defenses trouble this year. But mark my word, their defense will get lit up by decent offensive teams.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #191
UTVOLS
Get Schwifty.

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I see some UT fans saying UGA is crapping their pants right now.

How blind can you be
No matter how bad we are, we play UGA tough. I'm not saying we are going to beat them, but I'm not really worried about them. Truthfully, I am more worried about you guys than UGA.

UTVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #192
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 5200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Looks like I was one of the few gamecock fans that were pulling for the Vols last night.
I pull for all of our opponents with the exception of one to win up until the game we play them.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #193
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Tennersea has a lot of work to do. Not sure if it is coaching or players, but they have problems. Props to the come back. They could have packed it up but they didnt. GTs defense had NO business giving Tenneresea trouble. They are sneaking slow and little. Tennersea should have been able to run the ball down their throats and couldnt.
I love to watch GTs offense when it is running well. They will give a lot of defenses trouble this year. But mark my word, their defense will get lit up by decent offensive teams.
Agreed, think our D is way better then it showed and our O is going to struggle more then it looked in the second half.

Weird game.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #194
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Agreed, think our D is way better then it showed and our O is going to struggle more then it looked in the second half.

Weird game.
..Offenses like GTs produce weird games. Thats what they do. UT needs to find a QB and needs to start trying to run the ball. You cant tell me UT dont have some nasy olinemen they could put out there to block for a good RB.
I know UT has talent. Always will. What has happend to UT the last 10 years is coaching. I hate to say it, but I think that is still the case. You put CWM up there for 3 years and you guys are beating peoples brain in..Not saying quite yet that Butch is out of his league, but to me, knowing college tackle footzball like I do, Butch continues to show he may be the problem.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:21 AM   #195
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
UT still sucks. Butch maybe luckiest late game coach for being such a shitty coach.

GT needed to just run their base plays they'd run all game to get there. They ran a formation and play they hadn't run all night. I'd have run that QB counter with the double pulls that just scored the TD. UT hadn't stopped that yet for less than 5.
The late game fumble by GT when they were going in to score cost them the game.
I did like the idea of them going for two, but the play call, as you said, was terrible.
Sometime coaches just outthink themselves.

And the trash can is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Three and Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #196
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
The late game fumble by GT when they were going in to score cost them the game.
I did like the idea of them going for two, but the play call, as you said, was terrible.
Sometime coaches just outthink themselves.

And the trash can is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
TN created that turnover with a good effort play and did a good job of recovering.

Wasn't like the guy just handed it to us.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #197
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
TN created that turnover with a good effort play and did a good job of recovering.

Wasn't like the guy just handed it to us.
GT did their best to give the game away several times, but that turnover was caused by the defense and a good play
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #198
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

That game was defintely a case of defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #199
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5028
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I think its very smart for Tennessee to provide its players on the job garbage man training. Everyone on the UTK roster is definitely going to go pro in something other than sports.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote