CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
ucan'tlickourcocks
Ace Dilcock
Master Bedroom
Lonnie
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Y Formation
Tigertime
Wisercock
Ortre Smith (757)
Woman loses her mind (442)
TJ Brunson (419)
DIY flowerpot smoker (193)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (54)
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ KEN (48)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ VAN (42)
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TEC (40)
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLIN (38)
NCAAF: TEXAS CHRISTI (35)
2018 Aaron Nesmith (MBB)
Crowd Against La Tech
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Ortre Smith
What was your original pr
Does Deebo Return Next Se
4 tic for Sale LaTech
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TECH @ S

Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #41
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kentucky Report Card

Hmm, Stephen Johnson...not coming to me.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #42
86 GradCock
Spring Game Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2240
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepdiggy View Post
Hate to nitpick, because I largely agree with everything you said, but UK played AT So. Miss.
Yes, and they say this road win proves they play well in away venues. So. Miss has a 37,000 seat stadium and the record attendance was 36,641 on 9/5/15 vs Miss St. I don't think their team will be fully ready for what they will experience in Williams-Brice this Saturday. Welcome to the Cockpit!
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #43
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

UK fans are talking a lot about Snell and Jordan Jones on D as being guys that will make a difference against us. Both are "questionable" for Saturday. Which means they will not be 100% even if they do play.

I like Rico, Ty'Son and AJ - I think they are an upgrade over Snell. Time to crank up the running game.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #44
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
The Wildcats will try to run the ball...
That will be interesting to see for 4 full quarters.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #45
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
UK fans are talking a lot about Snell and Jordan Jones on D as being guys that will make a difference against us. Both are "questionable" for Saturday. Which means they will not be 100% even if they do play.

I like Rico, Ty'Son and AJ - I think they are an upgrade over Snell. Time to crank up the running game.
Snell has bruised ribs, those are painful and hard to manage. I have to give him credit for trying to play through, but I doubt he can last the whole game even with Toradol. Heck forget taking shots on every carry, it hurts to even breath with bruised ribs.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #46
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Yes, and they say this road win proves they play well in away venues. So. Miss has a 37,000 seat stadium and the record attendance was 36,641 on 9/5/15 vs Miss St. I don't think their team will be fully ready for what they will experience in Williams-Brice this Saturday. Welcome to the Cockpit!
Apparently, the attendance for that game was a whopping 22,761. Talk about a hostile road environment, not sure how they managed to get the play calls in. LOL.

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/coll...171644432.html
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #47
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Lynn Bowden, the much-talked-about but hardly seen heralded Kentucky freshman, spoke to the media after practice Tuesday for the first time.

Bowden returned two kickoffs last Saturday against Eastern Kentucky, but the No. 1 signee in Kentucky’s 2017 class was ejected early in the first quarter on a block that was deemed targeting. Bowden played just a few snaps in UK’s opener against Southern Miss, and at this point he’s largely a mystery.

Bowden is expected to play a larger role at South Carolina on Saturday. The former high school quarterback is playing as a slot receiver, but Bowden could potentially bring a passing option to Kentucky’s wildcat formation.
He was asked if he’s practiced in the wildcat.

“That’s something for the spectators to see by themselves,” Bowden said with a smile.*

Bowden was seen in the wildcat in a preseason open practice and Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has talked about the possibilities of Bowden taking snaps in the formation.

“When Lynn is in there he’s going to have his opportunities,” offensive coordinator Eddie Gran said Tuesday. “It’ll be fun to see him in that environment and get some opportunities. Hopefully we get the ball in his hands.”

The mystery around his on-field capabilities could work in Kentucky’s favor against South Carolina. Quarterback Stephen Johnson said South Carolina won’t be able to game-plan against him.

“His elusiveness, his speed. He’s a really smart guy,” Johnson said of Bowden. “We have so many plays just scripted for him and set up for him. I just can’t wait to see what he can do Saturday.”

Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #48
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Wildcat comin
Master Bedroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #49
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Huh? So they held out a true froshie weapon just to use him in a major way in Willy B, at night? In a home opener? Umkay.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #50
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Huh? So they held out a true froshie weapon just to use him in a major way in Willy B, at night? In a home opener? Umkay.
He was ejected early for targeting last week.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #51
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
LEXINGTON, Ky. — Lynn Bowden, the much-talked-about but hardly seen heralded Kentucky freshman, spoke to the media after practice Tuesday for the first time.

Bowden returned two kickoffs last Saturday against Eastern Kentucky, but the No. 1 signee in Kentucky’s 2017 class was ejected early in the first quarter on a block that was deemed targeting. Bowden played just a few snaps in UK’s opener against Southern Miss, and at this point he’s largely a mystery.

Bowden is expected to play a larger role at South Carolina on Saturday. The former high school quarterback is playing as a slot receiver, but Bowden could potentially bring a passing option to Kentucky’s wildcat formation.
He was asked if he’s practiced in the wildcat.

“That’s something for the spectators to see by themselves,” Bowden said with a smile.*

Bowden was seen in the wildcat in a preseason open practice and Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has talked about the possibilities of Bowden taking snaps in the formation.

“When Lynn is in there he’s going to have his opportunities,” offensive coordinator Eddie Gran said Tuesday. “It’ll be fun to see him in that environment and get some opportunities. Hopefully we get the ball in his hands.”

The mystery around his on-field capabilities could work in Kentucky’s favor against South Carolina. Quarterback Stephen Johnson said South Carolina won’t be able to game-plan against him.

“His elusiveness, his speed. He’s a really smart guy,” Johnson said of Bowden. “We have so many plays just scripted for him and set up for him. I just can’t wait to see what he can do Saturday.”

Could we, just this once, spoil some hotshot's coming out party?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #52
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
With this team absolutely. People need to remember that the past is in the past. Kentucky got a few free rides from our blunders but that ends Saturday.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #53
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bend but don't break....just keep 'em from scoring.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #54
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
I trust our defensive staff to make adjustments as needed more than I ever have in recent history.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #55
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I think UK will get their yards on the ground. They will probably score most of their points the first half, then we will keep them to just one score in the second. Meanwhile Jake drops bombs on their secondary to the tune of 4 td passes.
wincocks84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #56
U-S-C till i D-I-E
4-Star

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervousU-S-C till i D-I-E is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
I trust our defensive staff to make adjustments as needed more than I ever have in recent history.
Completely agree. We made great defensive adjustments in both games. This defensive coaching staff we have right now knows their football. Totally different mentality from the past few seasons. I can see Kentucky doing a little damage in the first half, but I have a lot of faith in our defensive coaches.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #57
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

I'm glad that JoJo guy is gone. Was he from SC originally?
Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #58
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I think UK will get their yards on the ground. They will probably score most of their points the first half, then we will keep them to just one score in the second.
Yup....4 qtrs of football. If some of our fans would just quit flipping out after the 1st qtr.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #59
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 189464772838540689
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot786 View Post
I agree. Success breeds confidence. Kentucky will come in here confident and not intimidated in the least. It will take Carolina's best effort to win this one. Hope the players will be focused on Saturday.
Yes, I sure hope none of our players read this thread. For if our fans are to be believed, we just need to get dressed and walk into the stadium as we've already won. The only thing that's certain is that the UK will arrive confident and ready.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #60
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I hope we practiced some Wildcat all week.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote