CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
TRBTB
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
smoovecock
kick_ball
sporkgod50
Interesting David Wi (1224)
Why don't we run any (840)
Wildcat? (640)
MJ Webb (524)
Cack's Toast of the (459)
Should we go hurry-u (366)
Charges revealed for (356)
2018 - Mario Dungey (259)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (223)
Freeeze: What I did (216)
Why don't we run any I fo
Questions for The Spurs U
Should we go hurry-up or
Muschamp Presser question
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Charges revealed for susp
Jake Bentley analysis
Our chances against aTm
Snoop's take on how the n
Ryan Succop on NFL record

Old 05-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #21
aten999
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
aten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Penn State scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
That's totally inexcusable. I hope all of this shakes out and those that looked the other way get exposed.
Like i said none of this info was news to older Penn ST alums...There is a an ongoing effort to restore JoePa's reputation and legacy at all cost...The lives of all those young boys be dang..Paterno's son is spearheading the effort to have this horrific behavior whitewashed as some big rush to judgement or media mal-practice
aten999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #22
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aten999 View Post
There is a an ongoing effort to restore JoePa's reputation and legacy at all cost...
Doesn't look like they'll be successful.
If they continue to try, they might push some of the victims to go public in a way that backfires in a huge way....this may be what's happening now.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #23
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aten999 View Post
Like i said none of this info was news to older Penn ST alums...There is a an ongoing effort to restore JoePa's reputation and legacy at all cost...The lives of all those young boys be dang..Paterno's son is spearheading the effort to have this horrific behavior whitewashed as some big rush to judgement or media mal-practice
He's just continuing his fathers legacy of overlooking inexcusable actions for the sake of a game.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #24
aten999
Banned

Male

aten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
He's just continuing his fathers legacy of overlooking inexcusable actions for the sake of a game.

Amen...It makes me so sick...I find myself rooting for PSU to lose every game
Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #25
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

It gets worser.

Paterno knew and covered it up.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jer...no-penn-state/

Quote:
This man, who CNN has agreed not to identify in keeping with our policy on sexual assault victims, was just 15 in 1971 when he says Sandusky raped him.

Sandusky was 27, a budding public figure who'd played football for Penn State in the 1960s and was one year into his tenure as an assistant linebacker coach. This was long before he started his now-closed children's charity, The Second Mile, which prosecutors would later call his victim factory.

Victim A says he was hitchhiking when Sandusky picked him up, bought him beer, gave him pot -- and then attacked him as he was standing at a urinal in a Penn State bathroom.

"I felt his presence behind me," he said. "I felt his left knee on the back of my knee, and his arms went around me, grabbing my ..." he trails off. "He said, 'Let me help you with this.'"

Victim A said he jerked his head back, hitting Sandusky in the jaw. His head started bleeding and they both fell to the floor.

"Then there was a wrestling session," he says. "And I lost. One thing led to another and the crime happened."

Victim A was already a troubled kid. During a church sleepover the year before, he said he was molested by a local priest. When he tried to report it, he was thrown out of the church. He was living with foster parents when Sandusky attacked him.

A day after the assault, Victim A's foster mom noticed the cut on his head. She pestered him about what happened. And when he told her, she and her husband -- who owned a local bowling alley and knew many high-ranking school officials -- called Penn State against his wishes. "I was blindsided," he said, adding that his foster father told him, "I assure you the police won't be called, but you gotta tell these people what happened."
He found himself on the phone with two men from Penn State.
"I tell them what happened -- well, I couldn't get it out of me that I was -- I can't even tell it to this day. It's just degrading -- that I was raped," he said.

"I told the story up to a certain point. I told them that he grabbed me and that I got the hell out of there."

He insisted that he "made it very clear" it was a sexual attack.
"I made it clear there were things done to me that I just can't believe could have been done to me and I couldn't escape. I said, 'I'm very upset and scared and I couldn't believe I let my guard down.' They listened to me. And then all hell broke loose.

"They were asking me my motive, why I would say this about someone who has done so many good things."

They accused him of making it up. "'Stop this right now! We'll call the authorities,'" he said they told him.

Victim A says he couldn't think. "I just wanted to get off the phone."
The men on the phone had introduced themselves as Jim and Joe, he said. He had no idea who Jim was, and can't, to this day, say for sure.

"There was no question in my mind who Joe was," he said. "I've heard that voice a million times. It was Joe Paterno."
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #26
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 05-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #27
jellafever
Make CAROLINA Great Again

Male

CockyCash: 49439155330
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Death Penalty should be revisited.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #28
SwampFox
Heisman Candidate

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
For Sandusky. Absent that, he should be castrated without anesthesia.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #29
aten999
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
I suggested the DP at the time...All those kids over 5 decades and they chose to protect PSU and Joe Pa's legacy...The only child they cared about was Penn St football...It's seems to be still that way
Old 05-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #30
tpep
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
tpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
bet if lil jopa or jopa's grandson had been a victim, this story would be completely different
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #31
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 1104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

There was something that Joe Pa was said to have said when told by Mike McQueary. something like, "I'm sorry you had to see that."

Who says that who doesn't know WTF is up?

If your worst fears come true, you no longer have anything left to fear.
JaxcockFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Joe Paterno knew of Jerry Sandusky abuse in 1976 per testimony in newly unsealed records

Quote:
A man testified in court in 2014 that Penn State football coach Joe Paterno ignored his complaints of a sexual assault committed by assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in 1976 when the man was a 14-year-old boy, according to new court documents unsealed Tuesday in a Philadelphia court.
The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.
“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.
“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”
Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ealed-records/
Old 07-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Enabler
Old 07-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #34
CS2AJ
Banned

Male

CS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talonsCS2AJ has developed his gaff and talons

Not shocked at all by this.
CS2AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #35
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

And it gets worse.

While they were assistant coaches at Penn State, Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and UCLA defensive coordinator Tom Bradley knew as early as the early 1990s that Jerry Sandusky was sexually abusing young boys, according to testimony unsealed by a Philadelphia court on Tuesday.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Testimony-...abuse-46206080
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #36
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
He should be on death row.
his crimes should warrant the electric chair.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #37
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8989501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

I have read things in this thread that of which I have never heard of this is so sickening!

I can't believe that Joe Paterno would allow those things to go on but if he did then his name or reputation should go down as shit because he was a piece of junk person plain and simple. When I thought of PSU as most of you I thought football super power and Joe Paterno and knew nothing else of them because I'm from down here. Jerry rapedusky used that as his platform for getting away with things that should have never be allowed to happen EVER! For this the whole program and school should be severely punished because that PSU Nittany Lion Banner that was everywhere was a nothing but a child molestation ring how could they not have reported this stuff to the actual authorities?
Old 07-12-2016, 03:56 PM   #38
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8989501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
his crimes should warrant the electric chair.
I disagree! Put him in general population and let him get what he deserves for the rest of his days killing him is not punishment it's giving him mercy.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #39
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I think Paterno committed suicide.....he died too soon after all the publicity.
He may have had cancer, but people don't die from cancer in a month.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #40
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I disagree! Put him in general population and let him get what he deserves for the rest of his days killing him is not punishment it's giving him mercy.
I'm good with this too.....