CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Three and Out
Cockygaming
Captain9Dragons
Ace Dilcock
6pack
rabid cock
TKE226
AtlantaSportsGuy
U-Dub Gamecock
Bowl Talk.... (1711)
What Phases of Our G (1414)
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or A (1280)
Gamecocks Ranked 28t (1152)
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1072)
**USC Women (3-0) vs (995)
BE THERE (718)
Will USC Score >2 (695)
Cocks vs Taters Bett (608)
Bentley's Footwork (379)
Bowl Talk....
BE THERE
NO BLACKOUT!!!! Or Any Ot
**USC Women (3-0) vs. Wof
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Cocks vs Taters Betting L
Clemson
Will USC Score >21 vs
What Phases of Our Game M
My favorite Justin King w

Old 09-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default NCAA Considers Making Big Chagnges To Transfer Rules

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ransfer-rules/

"The end of transfers sitting out a season, the end of restrictions placed on transfers and amendments to the graduate transfer rule were all among the topics discussed by the council."

I like the idea. I'm not sure it would lead to widespread transfers, but it would certainly change things. This is actually two months old but I haven't heard anything about this.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8999501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: NCAA Considers Making Big Chagnges To Transfer Rules

I disagree that this won't increase transfer numbers there's no way that won't be the case. The current rules are a huge deterrent to transfers.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #3
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I disagree that this won't increase transfer numbers there's no way that won't be the case. The current rules are a huge deterrent to transfers.
I didn't say there wouldn't be transfers, I said I didn't think they would be as widespread as many think. Plus, they are saying only guys with a certain GPA are eligible to tranfer.
Did you read the article.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

It didn't say anything about GPA. Just said academic benchmarks. It would be better if they have to take standardized test and make a certain score.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 2800400
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
It didn't say anything about GPA. Just said academic benchmarks. It would be better if they have to take standardized test and make a certain score.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I've got a few opinions on this. First, if this is the case, can the NCAA stop pretending these are student-athletes. They're athletes. You've got kids transferring yearly, how much do you think they're valuing the education?

Second, if athletes are allowed to transfer without any sort of penalty, the scholarship limits need to increase for the schools to take the hits.

Third, this should go both ways. If these athletes are allowed to travel without penalty, can there be a moratorium on moral outrage if a coach resends a scholarship?

Personally, I feel like schools and the NCAA should stop complaining and come up with individual contracts for these students. You want to waive your right to transfer, I'll guarantee 4 year scholarship. Want open transfer? You get a one year scholarship that the coach can pull if you don't produce.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 253300
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Welcome to NCAA free agency.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPitCockNJersey rules the CockPit

Transfers would become rampant. This would make National Signing Day irrelevant. Nobody wants to be a backup and/or wait their turn any longer.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #9
jch81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPitjch81 rules the CockPit

Yeah imagine that prized recruit you signed that then decides to transfer after a year because he's not the starter or playing as much as he thought he would. Could make it impossible to build experienced depth
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #10
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

NCAA doing what it does...being stupid
Old 09-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Fearless Gamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Fearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervous

I think this would lead to a massive amount of transfers, and would in effect, create a "free agency" type of system. As one poster already said, if someone didn't receive their perceived necessary level of playing time, they would just transfer. You would have kids constantly transferring out, and it would make it hard to build quality depth.

I feel like this would also benefit a lot of successful schools. Athletes may simply transfer to Alabama or Ohio State, just so they could possibly have the chance of winning a championship. I don't know about this one...

Fearless Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #12
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Yeah imagine that prized recruit you signed that then decides to transfer after a year because he's not the starter or playing as much as he thought he would. Could make it impossible to build experienced depth
seems like that would get rid of locker room cancers.

Le Olive de Sudan!
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 76600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

it would take away the leverage of coaches and give it to the players...and I like the above idea about one year vs four years contracts
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #14
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 49000000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I'm not a fan, but I would like for transfer rules to be opened up for coach hiring/firing, you can say you commit to the school but a good many players want to play in a system or for a certain coach.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #15
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Welcome to NCAA free agency.
And Bama will always have first choice.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #16
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I'm not crazy about it, things could get out of hand .. Sitting a year puts skin in the game but if they changed the rule letting schools dictate where you can't transfer to would be OK ..
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I'm not a fan, but I would like for transfer rules to be opened up for coach hiring/firing, you can say you commit to the school but a good many players want to play in a system or for a certain coach.

This.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

If I were Saban, I would only sign 5 stars out of high school then just wait until every other player showing out on their middle tier schools 'contacted me' and were offered a spot.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #19
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 2700
SC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot material

I'm all for it College football and basketball are already essentially professional sports, why not just finish the job?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #20
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 885200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

I would agree if your grades were at a certain level. If the grades are not met, then no.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote