CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
kick_ball
thekob
Captain9Dragons
Spur's Addiction
Lonnie
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
SheckWes
sosfan812
Gametime for Clemson (4328)
Recruiting Spending (1504)
Collard Greens - Who (473)
must be a slow news (364)
Stan Lee has died. (279)
Pretty Good Storytel (199)
Starters and reserve (123)
**USC (1-1) vs. Norf (83)
WBB vs. Maryland Tic (20)
Parking Spot for Car (14)
Time of possession.
RIP David Pearson aka The
Collard Greens - Who Love
Muschamp's signature win
Post Game Presser
Can We Upset Clemson?
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
Gametime for Clemson Set
2019 - John Dixon
Finally figured out my we

Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
Garnet Army
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervous
Default McLendon Sears

Anybody know what happened with him. Heard he was "cut" during fall practice. I thought he was a really good player. Committed to the Gamecocks his sophomore year of high school, I think.
Garnet Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 20000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: McLendon Sears

Not sure. He isn't listed on our roster, but his Twitter page still makes it look like he is with the team.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
TaySC
Household Name

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

He was with the team as of October 27, 2017.....

Quote:
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...102717aad.html
. Freshman McLendon Sears brought in Garnet's fifth run with a single to right, scoring Williams. The Garnet team was given an extra run as the team batted around, a run that proved to be crucial in the aggregate.
USCsports hasn't put the 2018 team roster out is why he wasn't showing.

Try this:

https://247sports.com/college/south-...tats-107438765
Old 11-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
Garnet Army
Walk On

Male

Garnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervousGarnet Army is making other chickens nervous

I know that he was cut. I spoke with one of the equipment managers over Thanksgiving, and he said it was "weird" the way it all happened. Said his only guess was we have to many middle infielders. He said Sears was having a great fall camp. I was just curious if anyone had any other information.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:09 PM   #5
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1300000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Army View Post
I know that he was cut. I spoke with one of the equipment managers over Thanksgiving, and he said it was "weird" the way it all happened. Said his only guess was we have to many middle infielders. He said Sears was having a great fall camp. I was just curious if anyone had any other information.
being cut sucks..especially when you know you are good. been there.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

He probably is good.
Noah Campbell is probably just better.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
caigmaster
Walk On

Male

caigmaster is sharpening his clawscaigmaster is sharpening his clawscaigmaster is sharpening his clawscaigmaster is sharpening his claws

McLendon was a good player but he was over-matched by the pitching at this level. He didn't have a lot of hits in the fall scrimmages but played great defense. Great young man! Hope he lands on his feet somewhere good.
caigmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
TucockShakur
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material

TucockShakur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #9
TaySC
Household Name

Male

I see where he just followed Holbrook to CofC.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #10
Garnet Army
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
I see where he just followed Holbrook to CofC.
Good for him. I hope he does well.