CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
lfowens
TaySC
Senior Rooster
BeaufortCOCK
Ace Dilcock
GoldenSpur7
JSmothers1
sc455
Lonnie
Opening weekend impr (803)
Discussion: 2020 Rec (658)
WBB Transfers (635)
2020 WBB - Kylee Wat (624)
Farts on a Plane (433)
2018 Men's Club Lacr (110)
Women's bb - Ezi Magbegor
Opening weekend impressio
2020 WBB - Kylee Watson -
**USC Women (21-5) vs. Ke
Outcome-Based Goals vs Pr
Kory Holden is gone
Beaufort SC
2018 Men's Club Lacrosse
WBB Transfers
**USC (13-13) vs. Auburn

Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material
Default I've got questions about Jerry Myers taking a new role at South Carolina

https://armchairallamericans.com/jer...tuation-hands/
Old 01-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudly
Default Re: I've got questions about Jerry Myers taking a new role at South Carolina

Yeah...that's not the same thing.

Urban Meyer left UF because the writing was on the wall and their fans are insufferable children and he'd been recruiting murderers. He had a better gig lined up right. It was deceitful and sketchy.

Myers, even if the medical aspect wasn't the main issue (which I have no idea and think it's verging on irresponsible to suggest otherwise in an op piece), left a position and took another one with the same organization. If there was an deceit on Myers's part, it wasn't well organized. And if it was a face-saving move...who cares? The issue with Urban wasn't his questionable health issues. The issue was he ran out on the team and went to the very next gig and left Florida full of legit criminals.

I know you're trying to get this thing off the ground, but I would think about if this is the kind of op piece you really want to put your name on.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: I've got questions about Jerry Myers taking a new role at South Carolina

So you basically equate him to a coach that pulled one of the biggest slimeball moves in recent memory, and then follow it up with, "Glad to have you!!"

Give me a break.

He took a few months off and has a job now that (I'm assuming) doesn't require him to be outside on his feet for extended periods of time, multiple days a week, in the Columbia Summer. Not to mention all of the travel that comes with coaching a baseball team. Your implications fail to really examine the big picture here.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
GeoCocky66
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3342
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

"Look, Iím not one to question a manís health. However, what I donít understand is why Myers health has not been talked about more. Was he ever really sick?"

So, you're not one to question his health, but was he really ever sick? Ummmmm.....
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #5
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
"Look, Iím not one to question a manís health. However, what I donít understand is why Myers health has not been talked about more. Was he ever really sick?"

So, you're not one to question his health, but was he really ever sick? Ummmmm.....
Not knowing anything concrete but just from third parties I have heard that Jerry has some semi serious medical stuff going on that he is dealing with and that it would be difficult for him to deal with it while still coaching.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material

I’m just curious why they can’t even update if he’s okay. If you can’t handle being a college pitching coach, not sure how you can handle being in an administrative role. Weird.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #7
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Yes, would be wise to wait before you pass judgement.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #8
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Yes, would be wise to wait before you pass judgement.
I wish nothing best for Jerry and hope heís alright. Iíve met him, one of my best friends is Forrest Koumas who pitched under him. Jerryís a good dude.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I'm sure Forrest can answer your questions.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #10
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Visor View Post
Iím just curious why they canít even update if heís okay. If you canít handle being a college pitching coach, not sure how you can handle being in an administrative role. Weird.
Maybe because it is his personal business? It is okay to wonder about things but when you publish sensational articles alluding to other situations that are totally different than this one then that is irresponsible and wrong. He has a right to his privacy.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:47 PM   #11
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Oh boy. Getting popcorn.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:54 AM   #12
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Iím just curious why they canít even update if heís okay. If you canít handle being a college pitching coach, not sure how you can handle being in an administrative role. Weird.
You can't think of anything about an office job that would be physically easier than coaching outside in Columbia? You serious?
Old 01-20-2018, 03:26 AM   #13
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
You can't think of anything about an office job that would be physically easier than coaching outside in Columbia? You serious?
Iíve played. So yep. Next question.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:13 AM   #14
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Responsibilities of both positions are different. People deal with certain responsibilities differently, it's how he feels about it, not you.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #15
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudlyBringBackGarcia is crowing loudly

Quote:
Why? Do you know what meds Muschamp is on? Tanner? What's his BP and his last PSA?

Listen, you're trying to write a leading article based on opinions no more valid than some random guy I stop on the street. You're trying to generate some clicks or reads for an article that literally has no true information, about 500 words of speculation on a man's character and/or the coaching staff's.

And the last sentence is such as reach I'm not even sure you believe it. You've played and can't see why an office job with fundraising couldn't be less physically taxing than coaching? Really? Come on, dude.

If anything other than this article, which has now saved me from the time of clicking on any other links you self-servingly post on here, proves to me your insight and judgement are way off, you've posted it on a fan site? It's clear that all you care about is generating some traffic to the site and nothing of value.

You've taken the Ron Morris approach. Congrats.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #16
11SWU10
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1120
11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb11SWU10 is developing his comb

He has a family and at times we all need to step away from the job. He is a quality person with tons of experience and trusted by the AD.
The boss may have said take a few weeks off and think about it, I don't want to loose a valuable resource.
At some point you move on. We are splitting hairs.
11SWU10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

As others have alluded, it's none of our business.
If you know Jerry as you claim, then you know full well that this is NOT at all analogous to the Urban Meyer situation. Jerry had already been retained as pitching coach prior to this.
Quite honestly, your assumptions only make you look bad.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #18
Next Year
America is Great.

Male

CockyCash: 465
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Did you do any research before writing your piece? In November, when he went on medical leave, Mark and Ray said that if he is ok he would return in some capacity to the program or assume another position within the athletic department.

Nearly every report from November stated they expected him to be back in the department in some capacity.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #19
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 200
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
I wish nothing best for Jerry and hope heís alright. Iíve met him, one of my best friends is Forrest Koumas who pitched under him. Jerryís a good dude.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 PM   #20
gAmkok
MBB: NIT, WBB: Swt16

Male

CockyCash: 8000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Someone eventually had to pick up the mantle Ron Morris left behind.
Well done protecting the bridge, good sir.
gAmkok is online now   Reply With Quote