CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IslandCock
acejrock
Order 66
SheckWes
CockyCody
Champ vs Spurrier (639)
Don't Underestimate (550)
NBA Player Hassan Wh (225)
2019 - Dequan Watts (222)
Bol Bol (118)
2018 - Black Friday (86)
Chattanooga - 4 tick (27)
Bol Bol
Spam - Treet - & Pork
Champ vs Spurrier
Chattanooga - 4 tickets -
2019 - Jakai Moore
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
**USC Women (1-0) vs. Cle
2019 WBB - Haley Jones -
2019 - Dequan Watts - UCF
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 09-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #141
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: Florence headed our way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

Lol
Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #142
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Sounds like already over 100 people stuck in their homes from the storm surge in NC.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #143
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Sounds like already over 100 people stuck in their homes from the storm surge in NC.

Knuckleheads that refused to evacuate. I hope they make it through and wish no harm on them. But donít feel all that bad for them.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #144
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Default Florence headed our way

Wind picking up here in Raleigh. A bunch of leaves and small limbs down. Winds supposed to get stronger through the day.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #145
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Knuckleheads that refused to evacuate. I hope they make it through and wish no harm on them. But donít feel all that bad for them.
Thats how I feel. They had every opportunity to evacuate, and didn't. I hope they dont expect. SAR crew to come get them until the storm has passed.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #146
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

200 high water rescues overnight.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #147
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

This Hurricane Florence weather forecast is as extraordinary as it is terrifying

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/09/14...nd-terrifying/

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #148
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

This was taken at 1:09pm today

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWSCharle...227778/photo/1
Old 09-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #149
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

We are getting ton of rain and a good bit of wind. It could be much money ch worse. Everyone on the SC coast stay safe. This is co big your way.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #150
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Whenever a hurricane comes and the talk rises of evacuating or staying, I always think back to when Hugo came through in '89:

I was in Conway, and my girlfriend and her folks lived at the beach. They chose to leave when the beaches were evacuated, while I chose to stay home. They all went past Conway and stayed in some hotel in Florence.

I slept through Hugo passing during the early evening into the night by listening to my Sony Watchman tape cassette player on the bed. The next day early morning, the sky was sunny and clear and my yard was a mess with small pine tufts and branches and pine cones, but no major damage.

I get a call from my GF: there was a tornado that sprung up in Florence that hit the hotel they were staying in during the middle of the night, that caused damage to the roofing and other parts of the hotel, and put debris into the parking lot. Most of the hotel guests were up throughout the night clearing out the lot so they could leave.

The next day people were coming back to the beach, sitting forever in a long line of traffic. My GF ended up stopping at my house and staying with me until the next day. Turns out her place as well as her folks' place were totally fine, and in fact had less of a mess than my yard had.

So they could've just stayed home at the beach, and wouldn't have been bothered much at all, while instead they stayed up all night in Florence fighting a tornado. I know this was just a one-time anomaly, but with most of the hurricanes always heading straight for us only to turn up north and just give us rain, I usually view evacuating with skepticism. Of course I live inland a bit too, and might think differently if I lived on the beach....
I was a high school freshman at Conway when Hugo hit. We lived right by Coastal Carolina. Had about 20 people staying at our house. Went outside during the eye. Lot of devastation on the beach itself and we did lose power for a while. Lots of rain and wind but not too bad.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #151
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

hearing 4 confirmed fatalities.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #152
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material

We've got about 38,000 customers without power right now; haven't seen the latest Duke NC numbers or SC coop numbers. The rain will be the big issue over the next few days. Pulled a 7pm-7am shift last night for distribution crew logistic support and will be back in tomorrow morning at 8 am. Flo needs to get on through, do what she's going to do, and get outta here.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #153
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #154
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
We've got about 38,000 customers without power right now; haven't seen the latest Duke NC numbers or SC coop numbers. The rain will be the big issue over the next few days. Pulled a 7pm-7am shift last night for distribution crew logistic support and will be back in tomorrow morning at 8 am. Flo needs to get on through, do what she's going to do, and get outta here.
I know it's your job but I'm sure a lot of folks appreciate what ya'll are doing. Good luck rest of the way
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #155
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post

She's moving super slow. In Raleigh the rain started Thursday afternoon and it's not supposed to clear up until Monday.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #156
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
hearing 4 confirmed fatalities.
A lady and her baby were 2 of them, sad
Old 09-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #157
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
A lady and her baby were 2 of them, sad
Yeah, another guy fried himself with a generator.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #158
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Yeah, another guy fried himself with a generator.

Yikes
Old 09-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #159
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

I saw where the NWS Tweeted earlier today that there were 5' waves on Lake Moultrie.

I am on duty at work the whole weekend and doing the cot thing the next two nights.

A tree about a 100 ft from my house took out the power line during Matthew and I lost my cable box back then only because I didn't know how to take out the battery.

So I shut off the main breaker to my house as well as the cut-off switch for the A/c unit this time as well.

That way everything is protected from surges if a line goes down close by. Surge protectors can't hold stuff like that for too long and eventually something gets whacked.

So maybe there is a silver lining to having to work the weekend.

So it will be coffee, cot, and CT for me this weekend.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #160
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I had some small, short wind gusts here in Kershaw county but no rain yesterday. Today I wake up and less wind with a light rain has been going on for a few hours.

Looks like Flo is limping through the midlands...