CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
dreammachine
ConwayGamecock
wincocks84
SheckWes
GSC2013
Gametime for Clemson (3455)
VERY little has chan (1227)
Recruiting Spending (804)
Is Saban making Tua (591)
Large BBQ Pit Cooker (306)
must be a slow news (270)
Stan Lee has died. (190)
Pretty Good Storytel (107)
Collard Greens - Who (42)
Parking Spot for Car (10)
Muschamp's signature win
Florida Vent Thread
Can We Upset Clemson?
Collard Greens - Who Love
VERY little has changed 2
Gametime for Clemson Set
Is Saban making Tua play
Recruiting Spending
Large BBQ Pit Cookers
**USC (1-0) vs. Stony Bro

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #121
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Warren McClendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke_Jesus View Post
Losing this battle with a family member as a high ranking staff member is a back breaker

It's really not when you consider he's from GA and his family are all Bulldogs besides supporting B-Mac. People are really overstating that relationship. That has nothing to do with his ultimate choice, in fact the truth of the matter could be we'd have no shot without B-Mac. I'm not saying that I know that to be the case, but that could be the case.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #122
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21188
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Losing this battle with a family member as a high ranking staff member is a back breaker

No, it's really not. He has much better reasons to pick UGa or USC than where his cousin coaches, and if he does pick the Dawgs, it's hardly a slap in BMac's face. I want him to come here and hope that the current winds that are blowing towards Athens are wrong, but we'll survive if he doesn't pick USC.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #123
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

I've got cousins that live within driving distance that I don't see but at reunions, if I actually make it. Just saying, cousins in the South may not mean that much.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #124
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

Quote:
A “back breaker?” Dude, we all want to land the kid but that is a mighty bleak overstatement you’ve made there. We have a fantastic class coming together, including at least one 5-Star D-lineman (possibly another) and the #2 composite pro-style QB in the nation...along with several other elite players at key positions. It will be one of our top two or three classes ever...with or without McLendon. Fingers crossed we get him, but our spines and our class are going to be just fine either way.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #125
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 933396
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

UGA bound.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #126
JohnnyB21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
UGA bound.
Wow. What a contribution to the thread. Can someone send him some cookies?

Just win, dammit.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:38 AM   #127
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

TM said yesterday McClendon called Boom last week to set up an official. That seems odd that he would that if he were going to Georgia. Also, his family has said it is totally his choice.

“While I cannot confirm whether he has committed to the Gamecock staff, I can tell you he spoke with head coach Will Muschamp and offensive line coach Eric Wolford last week and scheduled an official visit to South Carolina for the fall, something he would not likely do if he knew he was going to Georgia. However, I will continue tracking this as best I can.”
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #128
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 30494
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
UGA bound.

Not so fast, my friend....

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...uiting-update/

Speculation has been running strong this week regarding OL Warren McClendon of Brunswick, GA. Will it be USC? Will it be Georgia? Will he announce a commitment this week? McClendon provided his second update of the week to us Wednesday night.
So, will McClendon announce a commitment as soon as this week?
“I won’t be (announcing) for a couple of weeks,” he responded via text. “I’m about to leave for vacation.”
In a phone interview earlier in the week, McClendon said he was at about 90% on his decision. Wednesday he informed us that percentage has dropped.
“It kind of went down a little bit after talking to some of the different coaches,” McClendon wrote. “I talked to my cousin Bryan (McClendon, USC recruiter) today. I (also) talked to Georgia and Florida.”
McClendon said earlier in the week he is going to Cancun for his vacation and would be gone for most of the rest of July and thus would not be able to attend the recruiting events at USC and Georgia the end of the month.
He also said he wants to visit his final four schools, USC, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee again before finalizing his decision.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #129
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Who knows at this point
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #130
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Gamecock !!! Not saying he is a lock but its close to being a lock. The kid knows he was slow played by Georgia and knows SC prioritized him and that matters.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #131
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Gamecock !!! Not saying he is a lock but its close to being a lock. The kid knows he was slow played by Georgia and knows SC prioritized him and that matters.
I feel the same... Plus Jawja signed 2 five star tackles last season and has 1 committed now
Old 07-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #132
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I feel the same... Plus Jawja signed 2 five star tackles last season and has 1 committed now
Georgia showed little interest up until this summer while SC has made him a priority from day one. This is the deal breaker.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #133
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Seems to be stepping back for a bit and thinking things through. He said earlier he was 90% sure he knew his decision and now it is being reported that the percentage is not as high. Also seems most of the UGA chatter was from his community and not so much coaches and his family.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #134
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Not worried here, I think there's a really good shot we get one out of him and Walker if the staff continues to work them both.

Possible shot for both.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #135
Ironfan
Household Name

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Wow. What a contribution to the thread. Can someone send him some cookies?
I love chocolate chip
Old 07-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #136
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I love chocolate chip

Did you read TM's intel this morning? Doesn't seem so dead set to UGA now does it?
Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #137
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I thought I read that he had already contacted both schools and told them of his decision. Just reading the tea leaves, if he had done that, Muschamp wouldn't still be on his as hard. Looks like he picked GA but is having second thoughts.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #138
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I thought I read that he had already contacted both schools and told them of his decision. Just reading the tea leaves, if he had done that, Muschamp wouldn't still be on his as hard. Looks like he picked GA but is having second thoughts.

According to some stuff being passed around now UGAs staff isn't even saying he picked them. It's been the word in his home town, but nothing from the staff.

Seems like he's telling people different things. Which is fine, it's a tough choice to make.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #139
Ironfan
Household Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba55nec4r View Post
Did you read TM's intel this morning? Doesn't seem so dead set to UGA now does it?
yep I read it. No real new information there
Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #140
DrDarkMatter
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818838
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

Mom is all Carolina and we know how that goes. UGA bound my a**.